Does this new map give you hope for the future?😂

Comments

• B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any hope left at this point is delusion
  • IDazzlerazzle
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No.

I had held out hope that things would turn around, but the quality of the scant content is severely lacking.

This new map has plenty of collision issues meaning getting stuck in geometry and bullets hitting invisible barriers. After struggling to get the map out I’m surprised it’s still so unpolished from a technical point of view.

This is their best work, this is as good as it gets. So that future Pacific content will follow suit. It’s all hot air, just like the pre-launch material was. They can’t deliver. That’s obvious now.

All the eggs have been transferred to the BF6 basket. 
    https://streamable.com/tudjn
  • ProAssassin2003
    3576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This map puts the horrible balance, collision issues,terrain issues,vaulting issues,sound issues,and Visibility issues front and center. I played one round of Breakthrough and Conquest and quit and went back to full map rotations.

Another terrible Map. Just use a Shotgun or Tommy Gun and Win.

• idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oudx02 said:
    Does this new map give you hope for the future?😂
    uh no not when they rmoved game features like domination. so, no possible update can fix that.
  • diegosaurus
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This was a nice attempt but the visibily is 0.
  • mf_shro0m
    1893 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    MOre crap visibility.  More guys in bushes.  More players just aimless wandering around in circles.  

Those are all player related issue and there’s only so much Dice can do

More guys in bushes, definitely on the players
    More crap visibility, imo better this than the glowing outlines we had in BF4
    More players wandering round in circles, mostly on the players but Dice really should add team chat and proximity chat at long last
  • mf_shro0m
    1893 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    BaronVonGoon said:
    Haven't tried it yet but I'm glad it's after Arras in the server browser. My usual start point in cql is Arras>Devestation>Fjell>Rotterdam>then alt F4.

Looks like mine :) I usually jump straight into a Devastation-server though, as I don't have the patience to play through Arras first. Devastation is my #1 favorite map, probably with Rotterdam coming in #2. Fjell I hated until they put it in between D. and R. - after playing it a number of times it's grown on me. It can be a fun map.

I’m pretty much the opposite. More often than not I hate the games I have on devastation and Rotterdam. As concepts I like them but the indestructible buildings just end being indestructible camp sites
  • dayglowfroggy
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the new map the visability did hit me at first but after 3 rounds I had got used to it. Also there are allot of people learning the map and wandering around as well as funny routes that keep making players pop out from unexpected directions.

• CostanzaStan
    220 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    we need a new grand campaign. also make grand campaigns similar to BF1's Operations in which winning battles potentially changes history. there are 0 stakes currently. no matter if you win or lose the day the message on the loading screen will be the same. also, bring back the narrator lol. Alsoooo add descriptions of all the guns and gear. I loved that about BF1.
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 31
    MARITA may look "pretty" but its a mess. Its a Cluster Truck of a map. Something needs to be done. The 3D spotting thread may help towards this map and others going forward. It may work with less numbers, just like they had in the XBox 360 and PS3 days. But 32 V 32 on a map where the camouflage and blending into trees and rocks while bipodded makes the game messy.
  • Godmodegta
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
     it not bad map or perfect map , but it is good in my thought, I would love see more improvement on next map, and for hope part, i dont really see many with hope in game, BFV has long road before anyone even have hope.
  • Kindley
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like this map, even though on conquest it favors the Germans pretty heavily. I don't know how big balance problems like that get through.

The infantry fighting is fun, reminds me of Argonne Forest.
  • NLBartmaN
    3718 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It just got me more worried: the new map just shows everything that is "bad" about this game in an extreme form.

Why do they need to put so (too) much detail in maps, which make the visibility trash and you get stuck behind everything ...

Why don't they realise that TAA, no 3d spotting and poor movement system (climbing and all the annoying long animations) and that kind of design do not match and work?

Add to that the poor mechanics like laser accurate and 3x scope without glint automatic weapons and Netcode that can't handle all the movement, shooting and fast TTK and this map is a nightmare ...
  • MAJWolfcookies
    571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If this map is a taste of the future of BFV, then this game is surely screwed. Worse than Aerodrome.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play on 165hz 32” 1440p gsync w/ 1080 and 8700k, and I haven’t had too bad a time with visibility in BFV.

Enter Marita. People fully disappear into the brown rocks bathed in yellow sunlight. Like, fully disappear into them to the point where i’d be looking at a spot that tracers are coming from (directly at the player shooting) and *still* couldn’t see them, sometimes just the helmet.

Turning down brightness helped some. Yet another FB map seemingly made to damage your eyes. Its like BF3/4 nuclear bright.
  • Dsaina
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ive played the new Map for exactly 4 Rounds, im never ever gonna go back to it.
    It is easily the worst map created in BF History.

Gameplay 0/10 (Jdam and Artillery Spam, Skyboxes and fog makes you look trough all the smokes
    Visual Clarity 0/10
    Graphics 8/10 - Playable Benchmark Level.

I dont even want to know how terrible the visual clarity is on a 1080p Monitor while you cant turn of this blurry mess of TSAA, but that for sure does not help at all.
    At least i dont need to wonder why they stopped the delivery of maps in DLCs, most of them arent worth a single penny since they lack the ability to be played properly since BF3.