Thoughts on Elites

Comments

• sabootheshaman
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just about through my mouse across the room when I saw the gas mask.
  • Elephante33
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just about through my mouse across the room when I saw the gas mask.
    xD not a fan of them?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    llPhantom_Limbll said:

I think you can search for the guy who usually leaks stuff from bfv. I can't provide a link because it happened quite a while. As far as I remember it was a guy in full armor and big helmet covering his face. It was also specified that is an Italian elite. But like I said, try to search for the leaks. It is there somewhere.

Well a cursory google search gave me this, is that what you are refering to? Looks like a Carabinieri, but it has the feel of a even skin rather than elite, hard to tell tho

Yeah, that's what I was speaking of.
    The thing is that all skins are already created and also have been leaked. This one is "new" and not a part of those epic sets.
  • sabootheshaman
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m fine if they are optional but I personally never use them.

That being said, they just don’t make sense in the numbers they feature in.
  • Elephante33
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m fine if they are optional but I personally never use them.

That being said, they just don’t make sense in the numbers they feature in.
    I understand, personalyl I like them, but I am also a massive fan f the Death Korps of Krieg in Warhammer 40k so i maaay be a bit biased xD
  • Elephante33

Yeah, that's what I was speaking of.
    The thing is that all skins are already created and also have been leaked. This one is "new" and not a part of those epic sets.
    I agree, and I feel that alot of them are the same skin just given a different splash of paint, which isnt bad, but its not amazing either
  • jroggs
    1089 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    Gotta agree, Elephante, especially after this last batch. Norman the dashing Boy Scout and Ilse the mask-wearing axe murderer. Good grief. The Germans were fighting for a bad cause, no question, but many of their soldiers fought with as much honor and compassion as anyone on the Allies. A "Sgt Gunther" type character would be fitting and a nice option for players who want to buy an Axis skin that isn't a d-bag.

Well Ernst doesn't look like one to me at least.
    He's the least extreme of the bunch, certainly, but he's still negatively portrayed as an arrogant, cold killer, whereas the Allied Elites are characterized as impetuous at worst.

At best, Ernst is kinda generic and doesn't really stand out visually compared to, say, the free Canis Horribilis set. He's probably the least popular Elite I've (rarely) seen in matches.
  • VOLBANKER
    1293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Also, the ironic thing is that these elites stand out more than other soldiers (visibility wise) so I tend to attack these elites over other players. They actually give a disadvantage to players despite shelling out money on them. It's Hysterical.
    I bought the Medic skin - the one with the Medic sign on the helmet - and if people want to hunt me down because of that, I will put all of my hard-earned 0,94 K/D to work and make them regret it! :smiley:
  • Elephante33
    VOLBANKER said:
    Also, the ironic thing is that these elites stand out more than other soldiers (visibility wise) so I tend to attack these elites over other players. They actually give a disadvantage to players despite shelling out money on them. It's Hysterical.
    I bought the Medic skin - the one with the Medic sign on the helmet - and if people want to hunt me down because of that, I will put all of my hard-earned 0,94 K/D to work and make them regret it! :smiley:
    thats not an elite but yeah i know what you mean, I have that too on my medic :3 there has yet to be a hat that I would replace it with, simply because it fits you know? I also have the Pit Crew helmet for the Allied medic, for the same reasons
  • BeastofBourbon84
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Didnt buy pitcrew when it was available for cc then it returned for boins.
    Still mad :P
  • Elephante33
    Didnt buy pitcrew when it was available for cc then it returned for boins.
    Still mad :P
    Eh im sure it will return for CC at some point, like the event outfits do
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    jroggs wrote: »
    Gotta agree, Elephante, especially after this last batch. Norman the dashing Boy Scout and Ilse the mask-wearing axe murderer. Good grief. The Germans were fighting for a bad cause, no question, but many of their soldiers fought with as much honor and compassion as anyone on the Allies. A "Sgt Gunther" type character would be fitting and a nice option for players who want to buy an Axis skin that isn't a d-bag.

Well Ernst doesn't look like one to me at least.
    He's the least extreme of the bunch, certainly, but he's still negatively portrayed as an arrogant, cold killer, whereas the Allied Elites are characterized as impetuous at worst.

At best, Ernst is kinda generic and doesn't really stand out visually compared to, say, the free Canis Horribilis set. He's probably the least popular Elite I've (rarely) seen in matches.
    I'd rather have a "generic" skin compared to every other Axis elites we've got after him.
  • The-Monz
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They should have just made more heads to choose from and a choice of speech with different accents.
    They could have sold these at a low cost and then you could add whatever uniforms you want.
    This way players would be more willing to pay for more exclusive skins to add to their more unique characters.
  • jroggs
    1089 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The-Monz wrote: »
    They should have just made more heads to choose from and a choice of speech with different accents.
    They could have sold these at a low cost and then you could add whatever uniforms you want.
    This way players would be more willing to pay for more exclusive skins to add to their more unique characters.

A reasonably priced language and accent voice pack would be a Day 1 buy for me. Voices aren't as easy to market as costumes, but they're something you could actually enjoy during a match rather than just menu screens like all the other cosmetics.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pacific will be so authentic with all these crazy characters running around.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2061 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    The-Monz wrote: »

A reasonably priced language and accent voice pack would be a Day 1 buy for me. Voices aren't as easy to market as costumes, but they're something you could actually enjoy during a match rather than just menu screens like all the other cosmetics.
    There are just so many 'simple' little cosmetics like national flags for shoulders/gun/headgear that DICE could have added for a £1 / $1 that many people would have lapped up, but instead that just went for the over expensive and ever more 'less special' Elites.  
  • GenCuster
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GREAT mistake .......
    represented helmet is not "alpine" ie mountain troops ...
    but "Bersaglieri" regiment, that is infantry,
     and in many cases they would travel by bicycle or run to the sound of the fanfare

• GenCuster
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    in WW2 it was, and above all now, "mechanized infantry"
    The "Moretto", the famous headdress carries 132 capon feathers,
    it is used only for ceremonies or honorary picket,
    currently also in the service helmet,
    there are 50 capon feathers.

• Elephante33
    Pacific will be so authentic with all these crazy characters running around.

It will defiantly be crazy, I would really like more things that identify a person as being from one camp or the other, because as it stands, if Freidnly Fire was on we'd all lose alot of points because of how nuts the uniforms are at times
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shock twist the new German elite is Psycho Mantis from the Metal Gear games Granny.