AA so ineffective

chinook240
73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited July 25
What’s happened to the AA guns? V difficult to take down aircraft now, enemy can dive straight at you and despite constant confirmed hits, he can strafe and then bomb with minimal damage.

Against infantry, why does a HE AA shell with a .8kg explosive warhead traveling at 2900 f/s not kill you instantly but a .303 sniper bullet also traveling 2800 f/s and fired halfway across the map does?

Comments

• DaveTheBrave_USA
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good points and good questions. Seems it need it be nerfed up a bit.
  • Carbonic
    1296 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I do think the AAs are a bit weak atm. Imo a start buff could be that hitting a plane with a AA would cause the plane to become way harder to fly so bombing an AA that shoots at you become very difficult.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you camp in same stationary AA, then pilots will come for you. Pick up a plane instead or coordinate with team pilots.
  • Matty101yttam
    862 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AA/plane balance will always be in a state of flux because they both are/have direct fire weapons.
    They need to find a way to add skill into the equation then they can get some room to move with balance.

For instance AA could be 1-2 shot kill on planes but you need to set the explosive range manually. That way it's harder to hit the plane, but if you do its more satisfying, and even if you don't hit and your range is out(say it's exploding too short) then the explosions would be a no go area for planes and they'll simply avoid it or keep flying into a wall of death, however if they make it past the AA flak fire they get free reign of the area as the AA operator struggles to manage his distances..
  • BlueSunsMerc
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think a perfect fix for the problem would 1. make aa do more damage and even more damage the closer a plane gets to said aa. 2. remove repairing while flying. 3. add a runway for each team that is away from the battle as to not get camped by enemy planes and infantry that repairs the plane and restocks it but you have to land. The biggest problem with planes right now is that most of them especially the bombers can take tons of damage blow up the aa and fly away while holding x down and boom full health ready to make another pass. Also remove seat switching while flying. 

I dont think nerfing or buffing is needed but mechanics need to be changed or altered. Planes should be vital tools to help aid teams not these giant kill factories that makes matches for 99% of the players miserable to play.
  • g0merpile
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mines, bombs,AA and that useless INF class that is automatically given to us when we bail or revived is a complete mess.
  • IIIIIDANNYIIIII
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They aren't useless, I don't think they were ever supposed to be a 1v1 weapon against planes. That would just be putting planes at a disadvantage.
    They are being threatened by other planes, mobile AA and stationary AA.

On some modes planes can take over, that's true. But the proper way to balance that would not be buffing AA, but spawning more of them if there are too few IMO.
  • NN_Buzz12
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rub some dirt on it. Least of this games problems.
  • chinook240
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NN_Buzz12 wrote: »
    Rub some dirt on it. Least of this games problems.

Certainly is!

• 11Doomsday26
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Actually it isn't. Yes there are bigger fish to fry but it also ruins maps. I still remember the initial trailer for BFV before release and it shows a plane getting shot down and taking 98% damage from a MMG.
  • G-Gnu
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 31
    Stationary and tow-able AA´s are toys in this game, and DICE seem to have favored Air the latest 2 iterations against Inf.
    Planes does not really have the role as anti tank / armored vehicles anymore, sure you could kill inf in BF4 with Jets but not in those amount that BF1 and BFV do. 
    I do not understand why they brought bombers into this game at all, it would have been enough with different fighters. 
    And how could anyone think those are remotely balanced when you can get killed in one bomb round on the biggest tank in the game and on top of that has the top speed of a snail?
  • l4chy
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
     Planes should be vital tools to help aid teams not these giant kill factories that makes matches for 99% of the players miserable to play.
    Very true, but the high pitched squealing that would surely follow would be totally unbearable!
  • Major_Pungspark
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it is funny that they nerf all the explosives in the game but the have bombers going around carpet bombing around and around unless you have the better pilots...really?
  • l4chy
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it is funny that they nerf all the explosives in the game but the have bombers going around carpet bombing around and around unless you have the better pilots...really?
    Maybe the reason is because the patrick sudolands daughters full question was "daddy, why can't I play as a girl - Pilot who flies around totally unhindered and untouchable, dropping bombs endlessly and be able to turn whilst repairing. And can my bomb explosions be pink." The last bit was obviously a step to far but the rest was doable.
  • DespotAspid
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aga. Fly have more armor than super heavy tank, dice ROFL. Tank disasemmbles by 10 secinds - Fly take down by 10 minutes.
  • l4chy
    ur right despot, though after playing BF1 this should come as no surprise, there was many periods in that game when the AA was nerfed to useless....and who remembers those wonderfully realistic darts they could fire with pinpoint accuracy from 20 miles away now that was Dice balance at its finest.