Weekly BF

Support weapons need to be nerfed.

Parkschein77
12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
It´s getting worser and worser every day. In every single match there are massive support campers hiding everywhere on the map. They just need to use their 3x scope and their super laser weapons to hunt you down.

Thats not funny anymore, especially when you play a medic that has no chances when it goes to longer ranges.

But the supp can zoom in 3x and the weapons are not inaccurate enough on long distances. There has to be much more deviation, and give them only a 1.5 zoom

Comments

• VOLBANKER
    1034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No they don't.
  • Hawxxeye
    5956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 31
    The people who kill me the most are still assaults and their rapid fire SLRs
    At least you can count on the bipoders to stay still for you to shoot at their noggin
  • SillySinStorm
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you're getting mowed down so much perhaps your movement through and around cover needs a buff rather than nerfing supports.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I admit i use the 3x on the Lewis and g43 and I have to agree.
    The game would be better without it.

Dunno why ironsights took such a fall, they were good in bf1 but in bf v it's 3x or bust :neutral:
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Dunno why ironsights took such a fall, they were good in bf1 but in bf v it's 3x or bust :neutral:
    Because not many weapons had x3 scopes in BF1. People have used Marksman SLRs and Supressive LMGs a lot though.
  • dannyB0i87
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    The people who kill me the most are still assaults and their rapid fire SLRs
    At least you can count on the bipoders to stay still for you to shoot at their noggin
    What platform are You playing? 
    Because on ps4 using a controller it's just not like that - I rarely ever get killed by sar/slr. With a mouse on pc I imagine it's a different story...
  • lunajpsn
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It’s 3x or bust because player visibility is so bad.

Also, you can never see a prone mag because even if they are firing because there is hardly any muzzle flash in open spaces.
  • BlazrOne
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, i don’t believe they do.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE just needs to implement fake servers populated by inept bots that never kill the player so that all the whiny snowflakes can stop complaining about every gun that kills them.
  • mf_shro0m
    1666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 31
    The MMG meta needs a rework for sure

The main problem with removing x3 scopes all together is that due to how open BFV’s maps are, hostiles are often too far away for you to aim effectively with iron sights. Iron sights weren’t a problem in BFI for two reasons. One, the average engagement distance was considerably shorter. Two, iron sights could be adjusted to x2 zoom.
    Dice should reduce the average engagement distance on upcoming maps by providing more cover, and allow iron sights to be changed to x2 zoom unless the following happens

They could also give all the guns access to the same x2 scope the Selb1906 has and then add scope glint to all x3 scopes in line with what the recons’ x3 scopes have. This would encourage players to get closer and remove a ridiculous and unnecessary hindrance from the SLRs
  • GrizzGolf
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i said:
    The MMG meta needs a rework for sure

The main problem with removing x3 scopes all together is that due to how open BFV’s maps are, hostiles are often too far away for you to aim effectively with iron sights. Iron sights weren’t a problem in BFI for two reasons. One, the average engagement distance was considerably shorter. Two, iron sights could be adjusted to x2 zoom.
    Dice should reduce the average engagement distance on upcoming maps by providing more cover, and allow iron sights to be changed to x2 zoom unless the following happens

They could also give all the guns access to the same x2 scope the Selb1906 has and then add scope glint to all x3 scopes in line with what the recons’ x3 scopes have. This would encourage players to get closer and remove a ridiculous and unnecessary hindrance from the SLRs
    I can get behind this
  • bran1986
    5742 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mmgs need a rework and I think they will. Lmgs are fine as they are imo.
  • DingoKillr
    3637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    555, go ahead nerf LMG it will only make Action man stronger and make getting ammo a little harder for even less will use the class.

As for removing the x3 scope, do we really need every player to only be effective while sitting in each others lap. All it does is make run n gun, high ROF or high damage even more popular. Giving us less choices for weapons.

As for BF1 for a long time the most used weapons were those with scopes. The top Recon was the Enfield marksman a x3.
  • Parkschein77
    If you're getting mowed down so much perhaps your movement through and around cover needs a buff rather than nerfing supports.
    Nope, i am fine with close range battles in houses etc. thats my strenght. I am playing medic the most but smoke doesnt help when you are marked and he is spamming with endless ammo... he can sit there for days and i cant do anything.

The weapons are to precisly, did you ever shoot a mmg or lmg in real life? 
  • Dsaina
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imagine comparing a video Game with Reallife, if any Game would manage to become equal to Reallife it probably would be a terrible Game with 10 units sold at best.

How did people just survive Battlefield 3 where you constantly had the feeling of becoming oneshot killed and much higher bullet velocity, better damage values, bullets penetrating infinite targets.... i really wonder what people want these days, a paintball simulator wich BF5 almost already is?
    Like if you compare BF5 with BF3 its a Joke at best at the moment, almost every gun feels terrible and the little remainings that feel like actual guns with some impact.... ye they even have some terrible disadvantages and be it just the bipod, wich makes you all out open for Headshots from any Recon.

Where are those days one player could take down 16 players with 30 shots because they are lined up? People whined the hell outa the game and now we still, even after this game is no where near to be a good shooter anymore, we do need even more watered down weapons.
  • Godmodegta
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 1
    They might have low recoil for lmg, but it has moderate fire rate, any gun can out match it in close combat, unless your talking about MMG , lmg is for mid range, it okay up close in combat but far as distance sniper is not recommended.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It's quite amusing when I read posts like this. You have a vocal community complaining about authenticity with cosmetics but when it comes to a bit of authenticity in gameplay, nah forget it.
    If you read any books on conflicts, you will not find many battles where soldiers run around like headless chickens to capture objectives and win battles. 'campers' with an mmg ambushing the enemy and staying low would be a more realistic proposition.

Cue the 'but this is a video game it's meant to be fun' replies'.

Yeah well those prone with an mmg shooting you are having lots of that. 😂
  • Parkschein77
    Erm, yes it is a video game. In real there where days of camping, defending, my grandpa was in both WW. In second he had to fight for his life, killed 21 people. He was not proud of that but it was necessary. May he r.i.p

Anyway you don´t have days in BF and camping ruines every game i know.
  • xKusagamix
    988 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SillySinStorm said:

Nope, i am fine with close range battles in houses etc. thats my strenght. I am playing medic the most but smoke doesnt help when you are marked and he is spamming with endless ammo... he can sit there for days and i cant do anything.

The weapons are to precisly, did you ever shoot a mmg or lmg in real life? 
    Nope, any kind of Smoke will remove 3D Spot.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bolt action, semi-auto rifles need to get actual sway.

You know, make the hold breath function actually do something.