Question about PunkBuster

LoR_645
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Hello! Will PunkBuster ban me in Battlefield 4 for installing and using RE engine mod manager and DualShock 4 Button Icons Mod for Devil May Cry 5? Even Balance tech support isn't responding, their website seems to be completely abandoned.

Comments

• IIPrest0nII
    2295 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    No you should not be banned. These two mods are not related to Battlefield 4 as far as I know.
  • LoR_645
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Thank you for your response! I'm just afraid to take risks. As far as I know, PunkBuster banned many innocent players for no apparent reason.
  • SpoolaZ
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Thouse PunkBuster bans have calmed down now after most cheaters have moved on after their underestimation of Evenbalance. The new thing now is to fool Fairfight.
  • USMCss07
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    SpoolaZ: no they have not... You keep giving bad advice...why?
    In fact, there is a current wave of what are believe to be erroneous bans coded as violation #81668. Unless of course you think that 1,400+ bans since May is calmed down. Violation #81668 and violation number #83018 have over 1,400 and 1,000 players (respectively) banned in under 4 months.

My advice to LoR would be to uninstall those programs prior to playing or make contact with Evenbalance and ask them if either of those two programs may trigger their punkbuster software...which he has stated he has attempted to do. Regardless, a high number of players that are believed to not cheat have been banned by punkbuster over a very short period of time. I would be concerned as well, unless I did not care about my money or my time.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14044 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @USMCss07
    Fluffy's mod manager ( what OP is referring to ) will not cause any issues with Punkbuster.

It doesn't hook to the BF executable ( which would trigger PB if it did )  and only really interacts with Capcom created games.
  • SpoolaZ
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I find it strange that PB month after month false ban thousands of people, if it really was, this game would be empty and desolate now when PB ban a large mass of innocent players. More likely, the majority of those banned will come back with new accounts and try again. And if it was really a false ban, Evenbalance is digging its own grave when all innocent banned would not come back. It only does those who dare try again, and the funny thing is that there are those who also keep Evenbalance afloat and on the track.