The Pacific Theater: Expectations should be VERY low

Comments

• Shadeblast
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shadeblast wrote: »
    Why are people like this? Like everything any of us made was perfect when we started it...
    And I would guess some even poured more than 60 bucks into their hobbies that went wrong and ended in desaster.
    Give them time. It will all come together.

It will not. What you don’t realize is that these comments aren’t being made by pessimistic players. They left months ago.

These are comments by optimistic supporters. BFV is probably the buggiest game I’ve ever seen or played, and it keeps. Getting. Worse.

So- if each patch makes the game buggier, by what logic are you arriving at the conclusion that it all come together? I’ll put it differently: is Anthem “coming together”?
    I would really like to know what BioWare has to do with the development of Battlefield. Please enlighten me.

Why are people like this? Like everything any of us made was perfect when we started it...
    And I would guess some even poured more than 60 bucks into their hobbies that went wrong and ended in desaster.
    Being pessimistic about anything or everything in life is just no good lifestyle and you should see a doctor, please.

BFV must be your first Battlefield game..
    Quite the contrary, as you could see from the poster badge. I'm actually a zombie from Battlefield 2, which was and IS the best BF game to date for my part.

All I can see are nay sayers about the effort put in development of the game. DICE is really trying their best to do damage control and people just keep complaining about the same things again and again. Even though the reports say that they are being worked on.
    Sure, crashes and all are a valid reason to complain and I won't say otherwise. But give them time to find the error and fix it for real instead on them having to rely on cheap patchwork that will break again with the next patch.

To be honest. If I were a DICE employee, I would leave too. But not because of work reasons, but my work not being appreciated by the people I do it for.
    Or rather if I had a say in it, I would stop development of Battlefield V, scrap future plans for the franchise and come back a couple of years later.
    Let people hate me for some time and focus on something else that is actually appreciated.
    There are certainly other games DICE would like to make with the resources they have.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Shadeblast

They’re both EA Frostbyte live-service games. The engine is unmanageable and unfixable. Which is why time is not going to fix this. If they needed more time, they should have delayed release. Oh wait, they did. And *still* it gets worse and worse.

BFV is currently infested with invisible players. Invisible players. This game released 8 months ago. Invisible players. On a game engine they’ve been using since 2011. And they can’t figure out how to not have invisible players.
  • Woodlbrad
    622 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 16
    Just another bad or subpar map so much for the “live service”. The atmosphere seems off did they forget they were making a ww2 game bf1 nailed it v is not dark and gritty enough.
  • rammy7033
    32 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I still love the game. I know the game will be ironed out in time. Bf1 had some annoying **** too, it wasn't perfect. I really do want some new maps to drop though.
  • SirBobdk
    4019 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I don't think that these expectations are 'unfair'.
    No its not unfair, but it seems Dice can't find Devs with the right qualifications so that they are stuck with what they can get at the same time as EA presses for release and sale.
    With EA it will always be about profit and not quality. Think we have learn that by now and I expect to see the same pattern with the next releases.
  • GrizzGolf
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just get the weapons from that time. That's all I care about 
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    filthmcnasty said:

ragnarok013 wrote: »
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

I expect maybe we get Wake Island map with USA and Japan and boats finally.  Sherman tanks and M1 Garand.  Besides whatever else the data minors found.  Flame throwers and what not.

GRAW2ROBZ Flame thrower Shermans were a thing in the Pacific,  I wonder if we'll see any of those!

The Churchill Crocodile is already In so I don't see why not

filthmcnasty that's an excellent point. I honestly haven't seen that vehicle since they added in the artillery barrage so I forgot that we had it.

If I'm squad leader I always call that or the Sturmtiger in if I can. That Crocodile is perfect for defense
  • CostanzaStan
    217 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Acknod said:
    I hope to see military operations, in the spirit of the show tne Pacific

well they should make the current ops more like Band of Brothers first then. or at least make them interesting, either or.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We don't expect quality anymore. 
    sad but true. I'm not expecting any quality update. Even if pacific theater comes with the maps we want, I still think there's going to be a way that just messes up the immersion. 
  • 4Primeval
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But i wont be here during the pacific theater.. I'll be enjoying COD:MW, Death Stranding and Cyberpunk 2077
  • Jokerdef
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We don't expect quality anymore. 
    Jep, those days are gone for this game.
    I just hope not for the whole series of BF games. Would be a great shame to see this once great shooter franchise fall to peaces.
    At the moment, does seem like it... :(
  • BURGERKRIEG
    887 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well isn’t it scheduled to drop around the same time as the new COD Modern Warfare?

From the details released yesterday COD is making a play for BF players by getting rid of hit scan, adding projectile based weapons, recoil and adding larger player counts, maps and vehicles. It’s going to turn heads that would never ever usually consider COD.

Unless that new content is something special the player base is bound to take a hit it may never be able to recover from.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2
    Well isn’t it scheduled to drop around the same time as the new COD Modern Warfare?

From the details released yesterday COD is making a play for BF players by getting rid of hit scan, adding projectile based weapons, recoil and adding larger player counts, maps and vehicles. It’s going to turn heads that would never ever usually consider COD.

Unless that new content is something special the player base is bound to take a hit it may never be able to recover from.
    On twitter Jackfrags mentioned about 100 player servers for COD.  Not sure for actual basic game modes or some lame battle royale.  If its for battle royale then forget it.  Also they got that tiny gun game of 3vs3 or was it 4vs4.  No kill streaks or perks.  Just basic gun fights with quick changing weapons.
  • ragnarok013
    3083 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

On twitter Jackfrags mentioned about 100 player servers for COD.  Not sure for actual basic game modes or some lame battle royale.  If its for battle royale then forget it.  Also they got that tiny gun game of 3vs3 or was it 4vs4.  No kill streaks or perks.  Just basic gun fights with quick changing weapons.
    GRAW2ROBZ as a Battlefield player that got my attention, but the last time that COD had derivable vehicles and large maps was COD World at War so it makes me wonder how much demand from their current player base for this mode there will be. I wonder if COD is trying to win back the players who defected to BF1 during the Advanced Warfare exodus or are trying to capitalize on the steadfast BF4 player base.
  • Jayjonah916
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Being pessimistic about anything or everything in life is just no good lifestyle and you should see a doctor, please.

BFV must be your first Battlefield game..
    Im here to chime in, BF1942 was my first and I spent a large amount of my teens on BF Vietnam in the mid 2000s.

The pessimism is **** unbelievable and mostly comes from the BC/BF3/4 Kiddies. 

Its pathetic as **** and only highlights why gaming as a whole has become a dumpster fire in the last 12 or so years
  • l4chy
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kiddies...LOL, most of the players from then would be older than you, going by ur post ... here down under this dumpster fire keeping us warm during winter.
  • mrtwotimes
    733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't need therapy but thanks for the post