Tanks crippled and limping after first hit

Marine_IraHayes2
234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
Maybe it’s me but I swear after this latest patch/update they tweaked it so that tanks hardly move after first hit with full health.
I’m gonna end up breaking my stick pushing it so hard trying to make my tank limp back out of danger lol.
Anyone else notice the change?

Comments

• Woodlbrad
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Play dumpsterstorm tanks are even worse it absurd.
  • StupidNameHere
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not gonna lie, I thought I was finally stepping up my anti tank game for support. 

Should have known, it's the new "Tanks made of taped together egg cartons" bug. Testing the waters, Dice? Maybe you should just ask the last guys how they dealt with balance instead of seeing how many turds we kick outa the toilet.  This whole "Vaulttech experimental game" shtick is starting show your dissinterest in what makes battlefield successful. 
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ^^^ They don't call it assaultfield 5 for no reason. Love watching a single asslt solo a Tiger. Tanks get disabled if they get hit by a stiff wind... main guns have pathetic splash damage. 
  • Nutcrusherr
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well if you took a hit in the tracks you’d probably be in the plop in real life.

These threads make me lol as they often contain comments from ppl who scream for more ‘mersion, but they don’t like the reality of it when it effects a toy they wanna farm kills with.

Exactly my thoughts.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    Well if you took a hit in the tracks you’d probably be in the plop in real life.

I think also sometimes you are taking more than 1 hit. For instance I usually put my dynamite on before hitting you with my nade or PIAT.

These threads make me lol as they often contain comments from ppl who scream for more ‘mersion, but they don’t like the reality of it when it effects a toy they wanna farm kills with.

See...it’s comments like this that make me wanna “lol”.
    Let’s delve into “real life” shall we?
    Assault Infantry carrying 3 Piat, 3 sticky dynamite, a nade , assault weapon and ammo, axe/shovel etc. a knife, whip out a radio and call in a bomb, and other customizations like a gas mask etc.
    So yea...LOL!
    And while we’re at it...maybe the sharp brains that make these changes ( with all of the more important things that should be fixed instead)
    should make assault limp or crawl back to a health depot the next time I pump a few machine gun shells into them and don’t die. Or maybe when a 6 pounder lands at your feet but yet you’re still able to run off?
    Because you know...we’re talking “real life” here aren’t we?
    Maybe put a little thought into your opinion next time.
  • Marine_IraHayes2

I think also sometimes you are taking more than 1 hit. For instance I usually put my dynamite on before hitting you with my nade or PIAT.

Oh and another thing about your “farm” comment. The only thing that’s going to happen with this tweak is make more guys like me who like to push the objectives sit back close to resupply stations now. Then you’ll have more farming. LOL!
  • sabootheshaman
    1042 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Marine_IraHayes2 someone’s Jimmies are rustling.

Quite sure a fit soldier could carry some charges and a bundle in certain circumstances... it’s a game though. 😬

We could go round in circles on this one. For instance, you want 4 people to man that tank? It’s called balance. Currently I see tanks frequently go 50+ kills to zero deaths on some maps. I know I can get 10 easy without a death. When I tank I’m a bit of a Zerg though and may die accordingly.

Tanks are fine except that maybe she’ll velocity needs to be dialled back do they are forced closer in maybe. That’s my opinion though.

Calm yourself bunj. It’s not the core here. Please end more sentences with LOL! It really adds to the spiciness.

Mmmmm zesty.
  • sabootheshaman
    1042 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Here we go again. You want to talk about real life while throwing Dynamite with no fuse and carrying a pistol,Rifle, Dynamite,Rocket launcher, Anti Tank grenade with no movement nerfs and when I shoot you you don't get crippled.

These comments make me LOL because the Assault Spammers want easy Tank Kills.

Do they make you LOL? Sounds more like you’re having a sook.
  • l4chy
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bombers are the new tanks, just use them instead.....you'll never have to limp off anywhere ever again.
  • jroggs
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks are about perfect in BFV (give or take some iffy hit registry issues). They're powerful and very long-lived when used well, but they're no longer damage sponges that absorb every hit from every direction with no issues. You have to play smart and stay aware.

If you're struggling to make an impact with tanks in BFV, it's because YOU are not good, not because the tanks aren't good. If anyone has doubts or just wants tips, I'll be happy to provide as many clips of objective-pushing tank play as you like.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 3
    jroggs wrote: »
    Tanks are about perfect in BFV (give or take some iffy hit registry issues). They're powerful and very long-lived when used well, but they're no longer damage sponges that absorb every hit from every direction with no issues. You have to play smart and stay aware.

If you're struggling to make an impact with tanks in BFV, it's because YOU are not good, not because the tanks aren't good. If anyone has doubts or just wants tips, I'll be happy to provide as many clips of objective-pushing tank play as you like.

Yep it's get good. You nailed it Sherlock Holmes. Just watch this and get educated. The illusion for Tank drivers is that we want to farm kills. Quite the opposite we want to be able to help our Team out and push objectives. It happens but extremely rare.

• sabootheshaman
    jroggs wrote: »

Yep it's get good. You nailed it Sherlock Holmes. Just watch this and get educated. The illusion for Tank drivers is that we want to farm kills. Quite the opposite we want to be able to help our Team out and push objectives. It happens but extremely rare.

Get educated? That implies facts. You post a YouTube which is in fact an opinion. You have an opinion, others have opinions. You’re educating no one.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    @Marine_IraHayes2 someone’s Jimmies are rustling.

Quite sure a fit soldier could carry some charges and a bundle in certain circumstances... it’s a game though. 😬

We could go round in circles on this one. For instance, you want 4 people to man that tank? It’s called balance. Currently I see tanks frequently go 50+ kills to zero deaths on some maps. I know I can get 10 easy without a death. When I tank I’m a bit of a Zerg though and may die accordingly.

Tanks are fine except that maybe she’ll velocity needs to be dialled back do they are forced closer in maybe. That’s my opinion though.

Calm yourself bunj. It’s not the core here. Please end more sentences with LOL! It really adds to the spiciness.

Mmmmm zesty.

You can’t take the fact I shredded your jimmies.
    Stop trying to act like your foolish comments meant something.
    Every post that goes against the jackfrags of bf5 gets you all crying and whining and then you gotta jump in with nonsense.
    It was my post...you’re the one who’s panties got ruffled by sounding off with stupidity.
  • sabootheshaman
    @Marine_IraHayes2 yeah you got me bunj.

It’s a forum. If you want your own private discussion to moderate maybe get a tumblr or try club penguin.

I responded with a valid scenario that would cause the issue.

In the end the game works like it does and you will be the keyboard warrior you will be still getting taken out by one Assault because you have the situational awareness of a lemming.

You keep being you though bunj. Start cry threads then get upset when people respond. Then act like you won when you have achieved zero change and just chosen to ignore people’s feedback.

Hail Satan!!!
  • BeastofBourbon84
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hail Satan!