Suppresion needs a buff

Comments

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF3 did it best if I remember correctly. Blur, sway to a strong effect when being suppressed. It added a nice tactical element to the game that made it unique. BF5 suppression makes no sense
    BF3 suppression was too much, I didn't play with anyone who didn't hate it.  On the other hand, when I'm shooting at a BFV Recon and getting hit markers including a headshot, and he threads the needle and puts one up my nose, no problem, maybe actually getting hits on opponents should have an impact beyond the noise of the bullet going through his skull, ya know?
  • marcanthony421
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No thanks to suppression impacting aim. Also how did you miss with a prone mg42? Like bravo to that medic
  • Amgtree
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF3 did it best if I remember correctly. Blur, sway to a strong effect when being suppressed. It added a nice tactical element to the game that made it unique. BF5 suppression makes no sense
    BF3 suppression was too much, I didn't play with anyone who didn't hate it.  On the other hand, when I'm shooting at a BFV Recon and getting hit markers including a headshot, and he threads the needle and puts one up my nose, no problem, maybe actually getting hits on opponents should have an impact beyond the noise of the bullet going through his skull, ya know?
    Its a thing that everyone hates but the game would be worse without it.  
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    filthmcnasty said:

Yeah, trying to suppress a recon in BF5 is suicide. The bullets flying puts a target on you that might as well be a giant "kill me first" sign. If I bust out a MMG it's for ambushes or holding a corner, but the bipod screws me a lot unless I'm prone on a 100% flat surface
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No thanks to suppression impacting aim. Also how did you miss with a prone mg42? Like bravo to that medic

Easy, the bipod screws up. That one reason I hate the MMGS
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Amgtree wrote: »
    parkingbrake said:

filthmcnasty said:

Do explain?
  • Luctonian
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Suppression in BF3/4 was the best tbh. Made it noticeable, without ruining the firefight. 
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy

Why do you need a game breaking mechanic to get kills?
    The whole concept of suppression effect is ridiculous.
    Yeah it’s supposed to replicate the “fear” of being shot, but this is a game. Not real life.
    The old suppression effect punished good player while rewarding bad players.

I suggest you rely less on game breaking mechanics, and practice more on working on your aim.

My aim is good, i hit him and he was fast enough to get into cover heal himself get out and HS me

Well I don’t think wanting the developers to re-introduce a game breaking mechanic is the way to go.

How is it game breaking

Because if your aim is on target the suppression effect causes the shot to be inaccurate.
    So it punishes good players, and rewards bad players who simply pray and spray

What exactly, is this 'reward' for bad aim?
  • ragnarok013
    3895 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Luctonian said:
    Suppression in BF3/4 was the best tbh. Made it noticeable, without ruining the firefight. 
    Luctonian I generally think that BF3 was the best Battlefield game of the past decade but suppression was way overpowered in BF3 and one of the few criticisms that I have of that entry. BF4's suppression was a lot more playable and fair IMO and I still regularly play both BF3 and BF4 so it's not nostalgia speaking.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Luctonian said:
    Without ruining the firefight? If some low skill scrub was shooting you at the back and missing 9/10 shots, there was no way for you to fight back because of the suppression. The only option you had was to hide. During the same scenario in BF5 I can blast that fool back to the spawn screen because my aim is better than his. And if he is crying that someone turned around and instantly killed him, whos fault is that? Yours for being better than him, or his for being bad?
  • Amgtree
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Luctonian said:
    Luctonian I generally think that BF3 was the best Battlefield game of the past decade but suppression was way overpowered in BF3 and one of the few criticisms that I have of that entry. BF4's suppression was a lot more playable and fair IMO and I still regularly play both BF3 and BF4 so it's not nostalgia speaking.
    What did you think of the gunplay in bf3?  If you enjoyed it you must realize suppression was a integral part of the gunplay.  
  • filthmcnasty
    parkingbrake said:

filthmcnasty said:

Do explain?

You quoted the wrong person
  • filthmcnasty
    Luctonian said:

Without ruining the firefight? If some low skill scrub was shooting you at the back and missing 9/10 shots, there was no way for you to fight back because of the suppression. The only option you had was to hide. During the same scenario in BF5 I can blast that fool back to the spawn screen because my aim is better than his. And if he is crying that someone turned around and instantly killed him, whos fault is that? Yours for being better than him, or his for being bad?

You could find cover, since you are being shot at, and lay down fire on them to suppress them. I did that all the time in BF4 and won the exchange because, like you said, their aim sucked. Once my suppression wore off and I suppressed them back I'd get the kill
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    It did until they "fixed" it and then anyone who misses you with their first shot has a better chance of killing you than someone who's bang on target. I used to regular come top on Caspian, and when DICE "fixed" the suppression, my performance went way down.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Luctonian said:

You could find cover, since you are being shot at, and lay down fire on them to suppress them. I did that all the time in BF4 and won the exchange because, like you said, their aim sucked. Once my suppression wore off and I suppressed them back I'd get the kill
    You immediately switch gears to BF4. BF4s version was ALOT more tolerable, specially after the rework. BF3's suppression was way over the top that made gunfights feel horrible due to screen blur and recoil increase.
  • NightSkyn3t
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No just improve your aim the suppression in previous battlefield games was giving the advantage to someone who aims like a star wars stormtrooper so it's good in it's place
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No just improve your aim the suppression in previous battlefield games was giving the advantage to someone who aims like a star wars stormtrooper so it's good in it's place

How is 'missing' an advantage? What exactly, is this Stormtrooper gaining and to what end?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Suppression just made the gun fights long and drawn out and boring.  I use to call it the boring tactics.  Talk about a dull roar.  Then when DICE nerfed plenty of weapons in both games.  No wonder tons of players flocked to hardcore.  Core mode was almost unbearable.  Then bad netcoding/hit reg and out of region players.  Yeesh.
  • GrizzGolf
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What happen to the way it was?
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Amgtree said:
    InS_Hypno said:
    Bf3 would of been a worse game without suppresion

ie suppresion was a postivie influcine on the gunplay and ground combat.  It would have the same effect here 

Even RDR2 took up the suppression system because its a good mechanic. I don't understand this bogus "rewards bad players" crap. It's not like it's impossible to counter. Don't run into bullets, flank, launch/throw AoE attacks, wait till they reload, etc. I fully support bringing it back
    Are we gonna base our opinion on a casual third person shooter?

and yeah it does reward bad players by nullifying good aim and making gun fight more randoms
    If two players engage the one with better aim, quicker acquisition of target, more on point tracking, and better recoil control will always win.  No matter how bad "suppression" will "reward" the player missing.  
    Not true in the case of bf3 style supression