DICE it's time to stop Zerging.

ProAssassin2003
3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm sick of Zerging of dozens of players swarming objectives and running in circles. You creat fortifications but give no reason to stay. Every minute or so on an objective should reward 500 points or more. Anyone else has e any ideas?

Comments

• SirBobdk
    4013 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It always happen when a map is small and round. Rotterdam and devastation being a good eksampel.
    If they make it linear and narrow we get camping. Its the map that deside how people play imo, not the points.
    Imo the maps should be linear with but wide enough to flank and with cover from snipers and tanks.
  • sabootheshaman
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    It is logical when you know you will be instant 1 frame killed by invisible players with 3x scope without glint insane accurate midrange weapons when you start moving solo or in a too small group ... add to that attrition and annoying animations and weird movement which get you killed a lot.

Zerging is the only way to survive in this game or to get revived ...

The "good" players are even smart enough to stay just behind the frontline of a zerg ... 

Nailed it. I’m that guy. I look for the people in front yo draw attention and then swoop in.

I think of myself as more hamburger than Zerger. 😬
  • fragnstein
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 3
    I'm sick of Zerging of dozens of players swarming objectives and running in circles. You creat fortifications but give no reason to stay. Every minute or so on an objective should reward 500 points or more. Anyone else has e any ideas?

Safety in numbers. More likely to get revives with people around
  • ragnarok013
    3033 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @ragnarok013 it’d be an improvement if they added a UI element that told us how many squads/players were assigned to each objective.

Dang I’m in love with my own idea. @Braddock512 can you jam this on the slack or stick it on a Jira ticket and also send me several litres of Japanese whiskey as thanks.

Cool job done. K.... byeeeeee
    sabootheshaman that's an interesting suggestion and one that I've never considered. I think it'd be best paired with a BF2 style fighting commander but even on its own it'd be a nice improvement.
  • NLBartmaN
    3169 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The community complained for years about the number of lone wolves and then when people move as a unit they complain about "zerging"; how should units move if not alone or in groups if both of those are bad? Zerging in IMO a natural by product of a lack of a commander to send squads to separate objectives, the addition attrition since your reliant on your squad for ammo\health\revives, and bad visibility.  As a result squads will naturally move en masse to a contested objective. In essence they're "marching to the sound of the guns" as we said in the military.
    Add to that powerless vehicles or lots of maps without planes (in sectors) and limited spotting and everybody feels "safe" in the zerg ...

Add to that horrible spawns and maps on which you can easy spawntrap. (with all the mid distance weapons with 3x scope)

No way to stop a zerg, especially if there are some high and unstable pingers in it ...

The zerging and camping are all caused by the choices of the devs ...
  • Noodlesocks
    2757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd like to see Dice Sweden bring back vehicle spawns on flags but to emphasise the importance of holding certain flags, make them unique vehicles that you can't get from the spawn menu. Artillery vehicles, King Tigers or Comets, perhaps a meteor or me 262 or heavy bombers. Maybe have give some flags some buildable artillery or mortars to help in defence or attack. More field guns in more sensible places and allow them to be turned 360 degrees. Or better yet, make field guns vehicles that can be pushed around by infantry into better spots. How about having flags give different bonuses? Like faster respawns for the team, faster vehicle spawns, players spawning with full ammo.

Ultimately, if they want players to defend flags they have to give people a reason to defend those flags because right now there is no more benefit in denying the enemy their first flag over your own team's first flag. It doesn't deny the enemy any strategic assets. Older, pre-BF1 games understood this concept and it made defending flags both an entertaining and rewarding endeavour.
  • dcs500
    1406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's why you don't play Conquest.

What do you play then, because all the other decent game modes are gone.
  • ElliotLH
    8151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @ragnarok013 it’d be an improvement if they added a UI element that told us how many squads/players were assigned to each objective.

Dang I’m in love with my own idea. @Braddock512 can you jam this on the slack or stick it on a Jira ticket and also send me several litres of Japanese whiskey as thanks.

Even if squad leaders could see the number of orders set on a flag in the selection wheel it'd be a big help.
  • Noodlesocks
    2757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:

Even if squad leaders could see the number of orders set on a flag in the selection wheel it'd be a big help.
    Would love it if they brought back (mini)map waypoints. Not just the little symbols around the flags we have now but actual direction lines on the map, pointing the squad to where they should be.

While we're at it, bring back dynamic map markers where squad leaders can place markers and waypoints freely on the map like in Battlefield 2/2142. Being able to tell the squad to defend or attack a bridge or choke point or move through a particular crevasse would be really helpful.
  • ElliotLH
    8151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:

I believe that BF1 had this feature. Whenever you tried to set orders using the commo rose, you would see how many squad leaders have assigned orders for each flag.

I don't know why they removed it ... then again, I can say that for many things in this franchise.

It did indeed have that feature. Just one of the handy features which fell by the wayside I guess.
    ElliotLH said:

sabootheshaman wrote: »

Would love it if they brought back (mini)map waypoints. Not just the little symbols around the flags we have now but actual direction lines on the map, pointing the squad to where they should be. While we're at it, bring back dynamic map markers where squad leaders can place markers and waypoints freely on the map like in Battlefield 2/2142. Being able to tell the squad to defend or attack a bridge or choke point or move through a particular crevasse would be really helpful.

Those would both be very helpful features to add. Might even help encourage more squad play.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

But that was a thing back in bf1 when you could have seen how many squad leaders set curretn flag as their objective. Not sure why did they remove it from bfv.
  • GloriousRepublic
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I move on with the mob to the next objective as well. No point staying behind by yourself when you know within a few minutes you will be zerged yourself.
  • trip1ex
    4690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    It is logical when you know you will be instant 1 frame killed by invisible players with 3x scope without glint insane accurate midrange weapons when you start moving solo or in a too small group ... add to that attrition and annoying animations and weird movement which get you killed a lot.

Zerging is the only way to survive in this game or to get revived ...

The "good" players are even smart enough to stay just behind the frontline of a zerg ... 

Nailed it. I’m that guy. I look for the people in front yo draw attention and then swoop in.

I think of myself as more hamburger than Zerger. 😬
    more like the hamburger bun.