Quick Tips - How To Spot A Cheater

RodentKilla
32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

After playing a few hours this last week I decided to post up a few little lists to inform the "Salty" generation of gamers how simple it is to identify a cheater, people seem so quick to call someone for hackusations or they try trolling by chatting gitgud all the time.

Cheater Types:

Armour / Boat Cheaters:

1. Being hit from a far with no sighting shots to gauge distance - 100% perfect accuracy in tanks does not exist in the standard game engine over extreme distances - Sabot Shells are not immune to drop off.
  2. Being hit front on from afar and being disabled - But wait, you have over 65% health remaining, how was that frontal shot critical?!?!
  3. Being behind an object and still being hit when using third person view - Oh and I am not referring to Staff or LAW projectiles or laser designation. - Hitbox modifier - you can clearly see the round fly over you but they count as a hit.
  4. When the enemy armour kills you, despite being hit by all 4 of your shots and 1 guided projectile. They have 6% health but were never disabled.
  5. When the Tank / AA  / IFV travels at the speed of a Jeep / Quad and jumps to great height when climbing an incline... The laws of gravity and load have no bearing on these kinds of cheats. Especially in Reverse which is a low speed gear.
  6. When a tank shoots you through in-game geometry / objects that should not be possible or should at least explode / break. Walls for example, Floors, solid objects. Main Shells and Mounted LMG - NoClip
  7. When a tank hits you with 2 rounds through Reactive Armour / APS etc and kills you 100% dmg - no, not on a hardcore server!
  8. AA when they fire their primary weapon and all rounds follow the exact same path despite having two cannons on each side if RU/CN.
  9. When IFV APS doesn't stop anything or in cheaters terms instant reloads without cooldown!
  10. When the tank, IFV, or AA sit still and do not move whilst in a firefight against you because they are protected by a cheat like auto-heal or they have a damage modifier etc.
  11. When Burst fire in a boat all rounds follow the same path despite the weapon arching to follow the target - no spread during the movement of the barrel.

Helicopter / Jet Cheaters:

1. When they seat switch but their chopper falls like a light leaf and not a heavy aircraft with no lift/thrust. - Antigrav!
  2. When they spawn in and take off within 2 tenths of a second.
  3. When they have both ECM and Flares.
  4. When they have no cool down / reload timeout for TOW or TV.
  5. When your TV or TOW Dusts on them.
  6. When they can lock on you low down, but you cannot lock on them in the same situation.
  7. When they lock on you beyond 600+ in the HUD.
  8. When the Scout helicopters TTK is half a second on another chopper and 90% of the pilots kills are INF Headshots.
  9. When the Scout helicopter hits you with a guided rocket despite no lock on tone.
  10. When You shoot at the pilot and get no hit markers or damage to the helicopter screen despite using powerful weapons - LMG - Scout - DMR etc at close range.
  11. When the Jet can stop and glide at very slow speeds whilst they guide a TV over a longer range than a TV from a Helicopter.
  12. When the jet can stop, rotate and face you again with 3 tenths of a second after flying past.

Infantry Cheaters:

1. When they are flying around the sky and the kill feed shows  Player X "KILLED" Player Y.
  2. When they spawn on an objective they do not currently own - no beacon/squad member in sight (UAV / MAV / Commander) - Teleporter
  3. When in game they have mostly headshots in the kill feed yet the Battle report only shows a low accuracy.
  4. When they instakill you - 1 shot kill - with an M9 pistol for example.
  5. When they steer an RPG/SMAW - That's right Steer a rocket propelled grenade. Not a Guided SARW Rocket!
  6. When they counter your dog tagging from the back or side - which is not supposed to be possible? - Sometimes mid animation of you removing their tags as well.
  7. When they spawn in weapons that are not available on the map you are currently playing - like the RAWR or XD-1 or Rorsch
  8. When they Glitch into level geometry and they can kill you but you cannot kill them.
  9. When they have no recoil, no bullet spread and never run out of ammo.
  10. When they lay invisible mines that are not spottable in normal or thermal optics.
  11. When their Pistol in this example an MP443 Kills you quicker than your AWS, MTAR, or other higher fire rate weapon at almost point blank.
  12. When their shotgun kills you 1 shot from distance - Non slug.
I'm sure there are many other examples and I know most of the plebs on here will just type, "This guy must be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" or "Wow Salty" or "You suck and just need to GitGud" The fact remains that its not "Only In Battlefield" Just go and test the weapons and armour and helicopters in the test range you will clearly see what weapon causes what damage there. Most of the time, these cheaters are smart enough to not be so obvious with their cheats, but occasionally you get the brash ones who really do not care and will spend the entire round flying around the sky and killing people just by running into them. 2 nights ago, I watched a sky walker / teleporter crash himself intro an AA and destroy it. Now tell me that's netcode please or GitGud?? 

Yes I understand this game is Legacy now, but it still is the better game IMO and if we could just resolve these problems there would be more legit players on it still - it's getting like CS:S / CS:Go on servers.
The fact is, that if these amazing players that seem to be online all the time were legit and not cheating, they would most certainly:

1. Stream on Twitch - to showcase their epic-ness.
  2. Play Competitive for Money - ESL / MLG / Etc
  3. Not play on servers where there are NO spectator slots
  4. Not Rent and Operate their own servers with VIP slots for fellow cheaters who are protected from votekick / voteban by a whitelist.
#Discuss

Comments

• Turban_Legend80
    4745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Most of your list has nothing to do with cheating.
  • SpoolaZ
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I fully trust PunkBuster when it bans, many people claim that it is just a false ban and they are just innocent. Why would anyone go through your list and take it as truth, if a program that is going to catch cheaters is not good enough for it. I rather trust Evenbalance in this matter.
  • bobfrode_1
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    i played today on a server wher it said a player was banned for suspiscious behavior (yes he was cheating) , but he was not kicked so PB didnt work..:

Post edited by bobfrode_1 on
  • elderwarriors
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Interesting post. I agree with most of your observations. Some however, may be due to other things. For instance, shotgun kill from distance ?, you did not specify WHAT distance, short to medium range is possible, not long range. (point blank, 1 shot kill, across the room is medium range, 1 shot possible. Across the street is long range for a shot gun and not possible)

On the other hand, I have been in a tank and on many occasions came up against an LAV and lost. ??

4-5 hits from a tank to kill an AA. ??

5 RPG's into a tank and he got all 3 of us and drove away. ??

I have been in a building that can not be destroyed, and have died when a tank has fired at a wall with me inside ??

Constantly needing 6-8 hits from an assault rifle to get a kill (my record is 11) and yet I always die with 2-3 hits. ?? (NO, not sometimes, EVERY time / EVERY game)

I could go on but they dislike "walls of text" in here, but you get the idea. Things happen and you try to explain how it was possible, it is after all a computer game so you must expect some unusual behaviour.

Then there are the other things that just can not be explained. ???

• Il-Scavenger-lI
    903 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2019
    I won't go into the vehicle things. Not my cup of tea and do not have enough experience to make a judgement about them. A few sidenotes for infantry:
    • On 1, explosions from the environment and levolution also cause "Killed". In some occasions, like when you kill a guy who throws a nade and that person dies too and gets switched to the other team by a balancer, there is no player assigned to the kit and the feed also shows "Killed".
    • On 2, also watch the minimap for unexplainable dorito movement. A dorito that suddenly flies to a different location can happen because of lag. If it happens too often this might be a sign of teleporting.
    • On 4, keep in mind that there is always the possibility that someone already damaged you before you died. When the damage from another enemy ticks together with the killshot it might look like you got oneshotted while in reality it was just damage stacking.
    • On 5, I am not aware of that being a possibility but it could very well be. Not looked into that.
    • On 6, counter knifing is broken beyond believe. The higher the tick rate the less chance for a counterknife you have. The player model could also misalign with the animation trigger so it looks like you get frontknifed while in reality this isn't the case.
    • On 9, this is very difficult to judge from the receiving end. Yes, you can have a gutfeeling but proving this will be nearly impossible. Especially recoil can be pretty much nullified by using a high FOV and low sensitivity.
    • On 11, see explanation for oneshotting.
    • On 12, also see explanation for oneshotting. And keep in mind that a full choke will increase range significantly.
    And last but not least: this are just sidenotes and no critique. Always try to find a logical explanation for a death before thinking of cheats :)
  • RodentKilla
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Please Explain your comment?
    SpoolaZ said:
    I fully trust PunkBuster when it bans, many people claim that it is just a false ban and they are just innocent. Why would anyone go through your list and take it as truth, if a program that is going to catch cheaters is not good enough for it. I rather trust Evenbalance in this matter.

Seriously??? If PB/EB fairfight was good at its job, there would not be a need for GGC / BF4DB etc.

i played today on a server wher it said a player was banned for suspiscious behavior (yes he was cheating) , but he was not kicked so PB didnt work..:

I've seen that far too many times bob.

Interesting post. I agree with most of your observations. Some however, may be due to other things. For instance, shotgun kill from distance ?, you did not specify WHAT distance, short to medium range is possible, not long range. (point blank, 1 shot kill, across the room is medium range, 1 shot possible. Across the street is long range for a shot gun and not possible)

On the other hand, I have been in a tank and on many occasions came up against an LAV and lost. ??

4-5 hits from a tank to kill an AA. ??

5 RPG's into a tank and he got all 3 of us and drove away. ??

I have been in a building that can not be destroyed, and have died when a tank has fired at a wall with me inside ??

Constantly needing 6-8 hits from an assault rifle to get a kill (my record is 11) and yet I always die with 2-3 hits. ?? (NO, not sometimes, EVERY time / EVERY game)

I could go on but they dislike "walls of text" in here, but you get the idea. Things happen and you try to explain how it was possible, it is after all a computer game so you must expect some unusual behaviour.

Then there are the other things that just can not be explained. ???

I too have also been on Zavod capturing the A under  the ground with my back against the wall away from any line of sight through the stairs and had a tank kill me with its LMG through walls and floor. NoClip

Just this morning no longer than 10 minutes ago an AA killed me the same way. 

WRT the Shotgun I'm talking the other side of the building.

• xXV1TAL1TYXx
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No offense to the OP here but example 11 and 12 for infantry are not viable ways to spot cheating. As a competitive infantry player, there is always win a gun fight with a pistol or slow rate of fire weapon when against high rate of fire. So many variables come into those type of gun fights (you should know this already, so i won't bother mentioning them unless you ask). Example 12 is a simple answer, either use buckshot with full choke, or dart rounds and fullchoke to increase range with a shotgun and you can easily 1 shot from close to medium range with ease. Long range should take 2 to 4 shots depending on where the spread hits and how much it does.

Other than that, i guess i can agree with the rest of the infantry list. I don't really see those problems like at all since i'm playing on PS4, but whatever lol.
  • xXV1TAL1TYXx
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    always a way to win a gun fight*
  • KorpusDraige
    2368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think you better learn how to fly a jet before you accuse others. Hilarious list though.
  • Turban_Legend80
    Turban_Legend80 said:

Please Explain your comment?

If you fully understood certain game mechanics you could remove a lot of points from your list.
    If you fully understood the problems this game has you could remove a lot of points from your list.

• RodentKilla

I think you better learn how to fly a jet before you accuse others. Hilarious list though.
    Someone sounds very defensive over my comments / posts on jets.

Hiding something are we?

• Turban_Legend80
    @RodentKilla - he’s basically saying get a better understanding of what causes some of the issues in your own list before you blame everything on cheaters.
  • 3X3NON
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Hiding something are we?

From my little experience with jets, i could say regarding turning toward opponent that it usually takes 2-3 sec to cut beginner pilot, 4-5 sec to cut pilot with basic understanding, up to 10 sec to cut pilot who know how to loop and infinite time if you face looper same as you :D
    For jets i would add :1) kill jet with full hp from headon (with 25MM guns) or kill jet with full hp with pair of rocket (that also impossible without dmg mod).
    2) Speedhack- when opponent moves with perfect speed for a long time (even best pilots cant control speed continuously). But it could be seen only from spectator mode.
    3) Trigger bot - not aimbot, but it triggers guns when you aim enemy jet . This is also spotted from spectator mode. 
  • KorpusDraige
    2368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hiding something are we?

Caught me. Definitely hiding something with over 500 videos on my youtube channel and streamed BF4 just about everyday when it was being supported. I'm just saying don't accuse someone because they beat you quickly, because they turned fast on you. Jets have a set turn speed (313), you can't turn faster than that. Also what looks like something on radar doesn't have to be what it looks like, it's called radar switches.
  • RodentKilla

Hiding something are we?

Caught me. Definitely hiding something with over 500 videos on my youtube channel and streamed BF4 just about everyday when it was being supported. I'm just saying don't accuse someone because they beat you quickly, because they turned fast on you. Jets have a set turn speed (313), you can't turn faster than that. Also what looks like something on radar doesn't have to be what it looks like, it's called radar switches.

Sorry, I was talking about using rear view cam once they have flown past you. I have seen on YouTube a cheat called Perfect Jet and its uses... so Yes I am going to say when a jet can turn at speeds quicker than your claimed 313 and be back on your rear within X tenths of  a second. Trigger Bot, is something I've never heard of before so now I am going to have to go look that up to see that behaviour to know what to look for online when in game.

• KorpusDraige

Hiding something are we?

Sorry, I was talking about using rear view cam once they have flown past you. I have seen on YouTube a cheat called Perfect Jet and its uses... so Yes I am going to say when a jet can turn at speeds quicker than your claimed 313 and be back on your rear within X tenths of  a second. Trigger Bot, is something I've never heard of before so now I am going to have to go look that up to see that behaviour to know what to look for online when in game.

My "claimed 313"? That is what the mechanic is. 313 is where you turn tightest, it's built into the game. Doing a quick YouTube search, I saw nothing of your claims of "perfect jet" lol. Just a bunch of baddies making a video accusing. If you would of told me about aim bots in jets, sure, I would believe that... If it was on PC. You realize how many times Battlefield pilots get accused on a basis just because the people they go up against don't have an understanding of the flight mechanics built into the game?
  • 3X3NON
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    3X3NON said:

Hiding something are we?

Here is example of speedhack + triggerbot

Yeah, there are "speed hacks" but again you can't turn tighter than 313 (which my original point was if he was being turned on that fast, it's completely possible by any experienced pilot), in the video he is going 304 on average, which any average jet pilot can pull off regardless.

You can turn tighter if you use rudders and choose better angle.
  • KorpusDraige
    3X3NON said:
    3X3NON said:

Hiding something are we?

Here is example of speedhack + triggerbot

Yeah, there are "speed hacks" but again you can't turn tighter than 313 (which my original point was if he was being turned on that fast, it's completely possible by any experienced pilot), in the video he is going 304 on average, which any average jet pilot can pull off regardless.

You can turn tighter if you use rudders and choose better angle.
    Of course. I'm just explaining that what he's claiming isn't beyond the stretch of what any experienced pilot can pull off.
  • KorpusDraige
    Let me also add that I originally also said what something looks like on radar isn't always what it appears, because depending on your angle it does look like they instantly turn on radar. As for rudders yes, of course they make your turn sharper, however that's if you're not speed failing. You can't turn tightest with rudders alone.

As for your video, just noticed that was spectator lol. You can't go by someone's aim from spectator, it always looks weird and I didn't see anything weird with his aim (outside of spectator having a delay of where he's actually shooting).
  • IIPrest0nII
    2292 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Let's not forget that naming and shaming is not allowed on the forums. Any comments that violate this rule will be removed.

Forum Rules and Guidelines are available here: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines#latest

Thanks!