After playing a few hours this last week I decided to post up a few little lists to inform the "Salty" generation of gamers how simple it is to identify a cheater, people seem so quick to call someone for hackusations or they try trolling by chatting gitgud all the time.
Armour / Boat Cheaters:
- Being hit from a far with no sighting shots to gauge distance - 100% perfect accuracy in tanks does not exist in the standard game engine over extreme distances - Sabot Shells are not immune to drop off.
- Being hit front on from afar and being disabled - But wait, you have over 65% health remaining, how was that frontal shot critical?!?!
- Being behind an object and still being hit when using third person view - Oh and I am not referring to Staff or LAW projectiles or laser designation. - Hitbox modifier - you can clearly see the round fly over you but they count as a hit.
- When the enemy armour kills you, despite being hit by all 4 of your shots and 1 guided projectile. They have 6% health but were never disabled.
- When the Tank / AA / IFV travels at the speed of a Jeep / Quad and jumps to great height when climbing an incline... The laws of gravity and load have no bearing on these kinds of cheats. Especially in Reverse which is a low speed gear.
- When a tank shoots you through in-game geometry / objects that should not be possible or should at least explode / break. Walls for example, Floors, solid objects. Main Shells and Mounted LMG - NoClip
- When a tank hits you with 2 rounds through Reactive Armour / APS etc and kills you 100% dmg - no, not on a hardcore server!
- AA when they fire their primary weapon and all rounds follow the exact same path despite having two cannons on each side if RU/CN.
- When IFV APS doesn't stop anything or in cheaters terms instant reloads without cooldown!
- When the tank, IFV, or AA sit still and do not move whilst in a firefight against you because they are protected by a cheat like auto-heal or they have a damage modifier etc.
- When Burst fire in a boat all rounds follow the same path despite the weapon arching to follow the target - no spread during the movement of the barrel.
Helicopter / Jet Cheaters:
- When they seat switch but their chopper falls like a light leaf and not a heavy aircraft with no lift/thrust. - Antigrav!
- When they spawn in and take off within 2 tenths of a second.
- When they have both ECM and Flares.
- When they have no cool down / reload timeout for TOW or TV.
- When your TV or TOW Dusts on them.
- When they can lock on you low down, but you cannot lock on them in the same situation.
- When they lock on you beyond 600+ in the HUD.
- When the Scout helicopters TTK is half a second on another chopper and 90% of the pilots kills are INF Headshots.
- When the Scout helicopter hits you with a guided rocket despite no lock on tone.
- When You shoot at the pilot and get no hit markers or damage to the helicopter screen despite using powerful weapons - LMG - Scout - DMR etc at close range.
- When the Jet can stop and glide at very slow speeds whilst they guide a TV over a longer range than a TV from a Helicopter.
- When the jet can stop, rotate and face you again with 3 tenths of a second after flying past.
- When they are flying around the sky and the kill feed shows Player X "KILLED" Player Y.
- When they spawn on an objective they do not currently own - no beacon/squad member in sight (UAV / MAV / Commander) - Teleporter
- When in game they have mostly headshots in the kill feed yet the Battle report only shows a low accuracy.
- When they instakill you - 1 shot kill - with an M9 pistol for example.
- When they steer an RPG/SMAW - That's right Steer a rocket propelled grenade. Not a Guided SARW Rocket!
- When they counter your dog tagging from the back or side - which is not supposed to be possible? - Sometimes mid animation of you removing their tags as well.
- When they spawn in weapons that are not available on the map you are currently playing - like the RAWR or XD-1 or Rorsch
- When they Glitch into level geometry and they can kill you but you cannot kill them.
- When they have no recoil, no bullet spread and never run out of ammo.
- When they lay invisible mines that are not spottable in normal or thermal optics.
- When their Pistol in this example an MP443 Kills you quicker than your AWS, MTAR, or other higher fire rate weapon at almost point blank.
- When their shotgun kills you 1 shot from distance - Non slug.
I'm sure there are many other examples and I know most of the plebs on here will just type, "This guy must be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" or "Wow Salty" or "You suck and just need to GitGud" The fact remains that its not "Only In Battlefield" Just go and test the weapons and armour and helicopters in the test range you will clearly see what weapon causes what damage there. Most of the time, these cheaters are smart enough to not be so obvious with their cheats, but occasionally you get the brash ones who really do not care and will spend the entire round flying around the sky and killing people just by running into them. 2 nights ago, I watched a sky walker / teleporter crash himself intro an AA and destroy it. Now tell me that's netcode please or GitGud??
Yes I understand this game is Legacy now, but it still is the better game IMO and if we could just resolve these problems there would be more legit players on it still - it's getting like CS:S / CS:Go on servers.
The fact is, that if these amazing players that seem to be online all the time were legit and not cheating, they would most certainly:
- Stream on Twitch - to showcase their epic-ness.
- Play Competitive for Money - ESL / MLG / Etc
- Not play on servers where there are NO spectator slots
- Not Rent and Operate their own servers with VIP slots for fellow cheaters who are protected from votekick / voteban by a whitelist.