BFV is about to loose a lot of players.

Minigun991
133 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited August 2019
What I’m talking about is the new COD. Battlefield YouTubers are excited. Battlefield players are excited. I’m excited, even though I haven’t played a COD in a long time.

How is battlefield V going to work threw this? It’s already loosing players quick from the lack of content. I can’t imagine the amount of people who are going to leave when the new COD comes out.

It’s no secret I and most don’t like battlefield V. I think the new COD 20 vs 20 mode will make a lot of battlefield players happy.

Battlefield really needs to make something great, or it’s over. There won’t be enough players to give dice a reason to keep going.

Comments

• Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The worst Battlefield is still better than the best COD. I think vets will stay. Forever.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Indeed even crapola BF is still infinitely better than CoD
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 said:
    The worst Battlefield is still better than the best COD. I think vets will stay. Forever.

the think is fans will stay but will DICE/EA keep supporting the game past this year i doubt that very much
  • SirBobdk
    5065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 said:
    Not if cod makes larger maps and 20x20. I left cod after cod 4 and will leave BF if it continues like BFV.
  • xOnslaught
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm totally done with the game now. I loved BF1 and was really a good game with not many cheaters at all. BFV on the other hand to sum up the game in once sentence is "how much pain can you take before you quit". Some quit when EA insulted its target audience, some due to lack of content, some due to lack of performance, and the list goes on and on. Me was a combination of everything but mostly how EA is allowing cheaters to freely play on there servers. Sure BF1 had some cheaters which you would see from time to time. BFV on the other hand it's in every match almost and getting worse and worse by the day. Asian servers are already overrun by cheaters and your fix for this was "close down main cheating thread and say you working on it over the summer then lock every cheating thread after". Then keep saying "use the reporting system" but do a little research on the guy your reporting and find out there is already a dozen reports on him from months ago (so much for that system). Even if the cheating system was not working could of easily stopped a lot of cheaters by allowing players to make there own server and be admins. Now with COD around the corner think its just a case of "to little to late" and last time I played a COD game was in the 90's and I'm actually excited to leave this mess behind. I will no longer preorder any game from EA you earned that much. EA keeps blaming everyone else for there game failures but themselves maybe you will start to realize you are the cause of the failures.
  • Minigun991
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xOnslaught wrote: »
    I'm totally done with the game now. I loved BF1 and was really a good game with not many cheaters at all. BFV on the other hand to sum up the game in once sentence is "how much pain can you take before you quit". Some quit when EA insulted its target audience, some due to lack of content, some due to lack of performance, and the list goes on and on. Me was a combination of everything but mostly how EA is allowing cheaters to freely play on there servers. Sure BF1 had some cheaters which you would see from time to time. BFV on the other hand it's in every match almost and getting worse and worse by the day. Asian servers are already overrun by cheaters and your fix for this was "close down main cheating thread and say you working on it over the summer then lock every cheating thread after". Then keep saying "use the reporting system" but do a little research on the guy your reporting and find out there is already a dozen reports on him from months ago (so much for that system). Even if the cheating system was not working could of easily stopped a lot of cheaters by allowing players to make there own server and be admins. Now with COD around the corner think its just a case of "to little to late" and last time I played a COD game was in the 90's and I'm actually excited to leave this mess behind. I will no longer preorder any game from EA you earned that much. EA keeps blaming everyone else for there game failures but themselves maybe you will start to realize you are the cause of the failures.

It’s kinda ironic. Cause the blow call of duty took with battlefield 1 is about to happen with battlefield V.

If cod is as brutal and fun as people are clamming, it’s over for battlefield V.

Honestly, rightfully so.

I don’t play a war game for diversity and it being lit. I play them to not only have fun, but also make me question what just happened, and show how bad war is.

When I play COD WAW, I had fun. I loved it. But when I roasted a Japanese soldier with a flamethrower, i definitely didn’t feel good for it. Especially hearing his skin crackling.

Honestly games like COD WAW is what showed me War is awful. Battlefield V makes WW2 out to be some lit experience. Yet I don’t have fun with it.
  • dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I plan on playing the beta but then waiting for some realistic reviews before I believe the hype.
    I converted to bf around bfbc1 and I do love bf5 but I know I am in the minority.

I didn't like perks, super soldiers and tiny maps modern warfare two was the end of cod for me.

The hype looks good for this cod it looks like they are trying to make a grab for disgruntled bf players.

Insurgency sandstorm never did come out on console so there is not much else unless you like space or fantasy shooters (no thanks from me).

I just hope it makes ea decide to invest in bf 5 hand it over to dice la to repair it and bring it back with a large content drop.

Stop the gas mask, goggles fetish person and sack the tides of war team who think its acceptable to try and earn aface paint or yet another Sten / drilling skin.
  • Minigun991
    edited August 2019
    I plan on playing the beta but then waiting for some realistic reviews before I believe the hype.
    I converted to bf around bfbc1 and I do love bf5 but I know I am in the minority.

I didn't like perks, super soldiers and tiny maps modern warfare two was the end of cod for me.

The hype looks good for this cod it looks like they are trying to make a grab for disgruntled bf players.

Insurgency sandstorm never did come out on console so there is not much else unless you like space or fantasy shooters (no thanks from me).

I just hope it makes ea decide to invest in bf 5 hand it over to dice la to repair it and bring it back with a large content drop.

Stop the gas mask, goggles fetish person and sack the tides of war team who think its acceptable to try and earn aface paint or yet another Sten / drilling skin.

Didn’t they promise a ground war mode of something like 20 vs 20 or 50 vs 50?

That would be insane if it’s true.

Battlefield doesn’t realize that the technology for 64 players is outdated. Yeah, it was a big point in 2001.

But I know battlefield could go higher wile maintaining great graphics.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Zviko0 wrote: »

That's always been true but this COD may steal some BF veterans atleast for a while because of the 20v20 and 100v100 game modes. It's worth trying. If it's good you might see alot of BF veterans play it regularly. How long can one play BFV before we get bored by the lack of maps and frustrated by the lack of bug fixing and netcode.

This ofcourse depends on the COD YouTubers not destroying the idea of big gamemodes. If you watch their vids they're lobbying for canceling 20v20 because it feels too much like Battlefield and removing bullet physics in favour of hitscan. COD community will never get bored of stupid 8v8 gamemodes.
  • SirBobdk
    5065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was a big fan of cod uo, 2, 4 and waw. I also had fun playing war in cod ww2. I have also played BF since BF42 but that dosent mean that i will stay loyal, just like i didnt stay with cod when that game started going down hill. Dice have to step up if the want players to stay if cod comes up with an alternative.
  • OskooI_007
    1256 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Been with Battlefield since the beginning. Looking forward to playing 50vs50 Call of Duty. It can't be any worse than BFV. In fact, it'll probably be a much more polished experience.

BFV came out of the gate like a horse with broken legs. DICE even had to delay releasing it by a month. Netcode doesn't feel good. Positional audio is terrible. Movement is too fast and unpredictable.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dice's only hope as of right now if Pacific content. If they fail to deliver that in one piece without completely ruining the game, that they will retain some players.

But of course they will split that content into tiny pieces and will release it week by week while messing up essential parts of the game with terrible patches. Also, its only 3 maps that will be released for US and Japan conflict which is incredibly small. 

CoD on the other hand has announced a ton of maps at launch, some crazy deep customization with over 60 different attachments for each gun, cross platform play so there are gonna be players to play with even if you live in Antarctica, 20vs20 and over 100 player mode. That is one serious package we got here.
                        And seeing how terrible BF5's live service is, Activision can take a serious dump on Dice's reputation here by actually delivering great post launch content.

Now I'm a serious BF fan, I play BF5 regularly: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/YourLocalPlumber/overview
    But there is only so much insult I can take from the developer before calling it quits. Dice have been really good at making me hate them for the past 15 months. Every word, decision or move done by EA or Dice was focused on screwing us over in one way or another. Live service, empty/false promises, straight up lies and more.

I will probably buy and play MW until Bad Company 3 comes out. If Dice LA will screw up BFBC3, then I will done with the franchise for a while.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It might be 20v20 but they still don't have vehicles except the call ins from kill streaks which is bs imo.
  • Wickid_Splat
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Actually they all suck now days, the creators we once knew that were in tune with their audience no longer care or are chasing only dollars.   The time of games by gamers who care are over forever.    All we can do now is just play a mix of games to beat bordum.