Marita

Comments

• LoneGunman74
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played it on a couple modes and, while it's beautiful, it promotes major camping.  That killed my motivation to play on it more.  BF5 Campfest 2019
  • DasScharminkel
    61 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Marita perfectly highlights everything that is wrong with Battlefield 5's gun play. Whether it is ADAD spam with rifles/smgs or bunny hopping with shotguns or proning in a corner or a bush with a machine gun; Success is directly related to how much cheese you employ.
    But they fixed ADAD spam in BF1, are you telling me it's back in BFV?  Color me astonished, how could a positive development in one game not be carried into the next title, that just makes no sense.  Next you'll be telling me people are bunny-hopping again..., wait, what?
    to each his own i guess, but back in my days it was called "strafing" and an integral part of one's skill considering a faster target is harder to hit thus it takes better aim to track/stay on it.
    as for the "hopping", hardly, real bunny hopp wasn't running out of stamina but could be performed constantly if practised enough. had clanwars back in bf 1942 where our infantry was already 2/3 at at their base before they had taken their first flag.
    at least movement felt rewarding and 100% based on someones abilities or the lack thereof rather than some artificial concrete boots to drag you down towards beginners level lest they feel bad about their performance.

quit bf 1 when movement was nerfed and never looked back, felt clunky unneccesarelyy slow and rewarded the wrong kind of slow gameplay at least in my opinion.
    only thing right now irritating me to no end are magically tracing bullets that follow me sliding behind cover.
    other than that it still shows if a superior player is outmaneuvering you and, in my book has every right to do so.
    personally i'd like the skill ceiling high enough to clearly show the top 3-5%. 
    than again i die a happy guy playing quake and kick the bucket ;)
  • Noodlesocks
    2774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ADAD spam didn't exist 'back in the day'. It wasn't a problem until Battlefield 1.
    In BF5, you can time your sprint hop to completely negate the slowdown on landing and with it being frostbite, will mess with your hitbox. Combine with shotgun and you can pretty much run up to most people with little issue.

Don't get me wrong, I abuse both of these maliciously because it is the most effective way to play. Like yourself I'd still be happily playing  UT2k4 Onslaught for my large scale first person shooter if it were still popular but that's not the kind of gameplay I'm looking for in Battlefield games.

• CHAMMOND1992
    1094 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bunny hoping isn't a thing.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Marita perfectly highlights everything that is wrong with Battlefield 5's gun play. Whether it is ADAD spam with rifles/smgs or bunny hopping with shotguns or proning in a corner or a bush with a machine gun; Success is directly related to how much cheese you employ.
    But they fixed ADAD spam in BF1, are you telling me it's back in BFV?  Color me astonished, how could a positive development in one game not be carried into the next title, that just makes no sense.  Next you'll be telling me people are bunny-hopping again..., wait, what?
    to each his own i guess, but back in my days it was called "strafing" and an integral part of one's skill considering a faster target is harder to hit thus it takes better aim to track/stay on it.
    as for the "hopping", hardly, real bunny hopp wasn't running out of stamina but could be performed constantly if practised enough. had clanwars back in bf 1942 where our infantry was already 2/3 at at their base before they had taken their first flag.
    at least movement felt rewarding and 100% based on someones abilities or the lack thereof rather than some artificial concrete boots to drag you down towards beginners level lest they feel bad about their performance.

quit bf 1 when movement was nerfed and never looked back, felt clunky unneccesarelyy slow and rewarded the wrong kind of slow gameplay at least in my opinion.
    only thing right now irritating me to no end are magically tracing bullets that follow me sliding behind cover.
    other than that it still shows if a superior player is outmaneuvering you and, in my book has every right to do so.
    If your idea of a good game is one where players can sort of vibrate back and forth so quickly that bullets moving at a couple of thousand feet per second from a shooter thirty feet away can't hit them, then I guess the ADAD thing is your sort of "skill".  To me, it looks like a ridiculous cartoon, and I don't think it belongs in a game like BF which at least tries for the appearance of realism despite many grossly unrealistic elements.  And if you really believe anything that interferes in such cartoonish exploits is meant to keep noobs from feeling bad, I have to wonder why you aren't in one of those games where characters carry gigantic swords and leap all over the place while slaughtering 10-ton monsters with magical lightning bolts from their eyes--if you're going with absurdity, why not go all the way?

Yes, I admit it, freely, the cartoon ninja movement in BFV is not to my liking.  If the Adderall Generation likes it I suppose it's how games will go in future, maybe I should take up fishing instead.
  • Amgtree
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Map is unbalanced on conquest

Americans have a much harder time getting to the axis side of the map while the axis can sneak their way in. 
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @DasScharminkel
    ADAD spam didn't exist 'back in the day'. It wasn't a problem until Battlefield 1.In BF5, you can time your sprint hop to completely negate the slowdown on landing and with it being frostbite, will mess with your hitbox. Combine with shotgun and you can pretty much run up to most people with little issue. Don't get me wrong, I abuse both of these maliciously because it is the most effective way to play. Like yourself I'd still be happily playing  UT2k4 Onslaught for my large scale first person shooter if it were still popular but that's not the kind of gameplay I'm looking for in Battlefield games.
    Absolute lies

• MAJWolfcookies
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE should really play their maps before going final. Are they not aware of choke point on this map???
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 4
    I played it on conquest and breakthrough and don't like either. Too many on such a small map. Maybe it'll grow on me, but until then in back to maps with tanks
  • RockapeanRolla
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It looks like a map they had stuffed away somewhere for a BF1 release and decided to release for BF5 (like 85% of the other content)
  • DasScharminkel
    edited August 4

If your idea of a good game is one where players can sort of vibrate back and forth so quickly that bullets moving at a couple of thousand feet per second from a shooter thirty feet away can't hit them, then I guess the ADAD thing is your sort of "skill".  To me, it looks like a ridiculous cartoon, and I don't think it belongs in a game like BF which at least tries for the appearance of realism despite many grossly unrealistic elements.  And if you really believe anything that interferes in such cartoonish exploits is meant to keep noobs from feeling bad, I have to wonder why you aren't in one of those games where characters carry gigantic swords and leap all over the place while slaughtering 10-ton monsters with magical lightning bolts from their eyes--if you're going with absurdity, why not go all the way?

Yes, I admit it, freely, the cartoon ninja movement in BFV is not to my liking.  If the Adderall Generation likes it I suppose it's how games will go in future, maybe I should take up fishing instead.
    if  you look at my quake reference, yes indeed i prefer a faster pace, and personally i rarely have a problem hitting people strafing once you are used to said pace. if it all comes down to a faulty hitbox you really cant blame the mechanic itself.

besides, in close quarters, if your aim is on the target usually the bullets don't pass it completely, the moments i was out-maneuvered and out-aimed(screaming like a madman mind you ;) ) he had superior skills than me.
    like i said i only felt cheated by the tracing bullets so far.

had a blast yesterday on marita where guys where jumping down the rocks and got caught mid-air, so if you can stay on target fast enough you'll hit. again at devastation where the church has a hole in the back wall. guy wants to jump over me only to land on his nose.
    these are the frantic moments i like about bf from the time we were wing-surfing the plane to drop above the mid-flag in kharkov.

you can try to ridicule the arguement all you want, maybe there's a 20 ton cow demon in the next doom, who knows and i'll religiously suck it up, still in a multiplayer game i hate realism with a passion. slow crawling
    , prowning , all in the name of "tactical gameplay" allows for lesser reflexes and sorry to say for me allows for lesser skill without any punishment in return. without the speed and mobility we have now, sniper and mmg scrub would have a field day and even feel "accomplished" in their way. sorry not my idea of a fun round.

and the age old arguement why i dont stick to quake then, simple, i cant quit my job and go back to 10hour training sessions a day. still i don't complain about the skill ceiling at all, i know my place and am rather a happy spectator watching in awe what rapha & co can pull off where 99% of the rest fail.

keep in mind i'm not bashing your argument per se and text might come off rude where language might carry the undertone better, still i come from a mindset of gaming where skill is the only thing that defines you at your game. you entered lanparties and immediately know your place, no arguments no trashtalk, nothing. everybody knew what to expect and who he was playing against. this however in games where a tiny adjustment in movement , a better jumping technique or a second earlier at the item could make all the difference at the tournament. and it felt great. still remember most of the clan wars in bf 1942, especially one on stalingrad where 5 guys were chasing me into a house at the russian flag. was picking 3 of them off while running up the stairs, slid through the window and while pushing backwards into the wall, gently all the way down to the ground without falling damage. one jumped right after me, landing dead before i even got down and the fifth was standing at the lowest stair losing all trust in the world at this spectacle, he just forfeited ;) those are memories that make games great for me.
    hope you get where and from when i am coming from. i'll hit 40 next near and struggle every time to maintain of what was "standard" back when i was 16.

• Zviko0
    1623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played it for the first time today, 1 round. I like it and I've only seen E, F and D part of the map and the top of the hill towards C. Not my type of map though. I want vehicles in my game.
  • DasScharminkel
    ADAD spam didn't exist 'back in the day'. It wasn't a problem until Battlefield 1.
    In BF5, you can time your sprint hop to completely negate the slowdown on landing and with it being frostbite, will mess with your hitbox. Combine with shotgun and you can pretty much run up to most people with little issue.

Don't get me wrong, I abuse both of these maliciously because it is the most effective way to play. Like yourself I'd still be happily playing  UT2k4 Onslaught for my large scale first person shooter if it were still popular but that's not the kind of gameplay I'm looking for in Battlefield games.

so if i get your meaning its not the speed of the movement per se but the game registering hits wrong or not at all? why then not keep the pace and fix the hit boxes instead? this i can understand leads to frustrating moments rather than rewarding engagements, then again i havent played enough of the game it seems to run into this issue myself. aint an avid forum user, the things i've read so far indicates though that bugs and issues ain't going to be fixed any time soon, so i can understand the resignation on some players part.
  • Cerben1
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    so A,D A,D A,D A,D A,D spam is now leet and its so mutch skill involved in it? its due to lagging hit boxes its  effective not cose some one cant track a target moving targets are harder to hit yes but in fps game the lag in movement is exploited hell even i have been playing clan games in BF games so i know that and low muzzle speed on bullets are helping the all so leet A.D A.D A.D A.D spammer just put in weapon sway on movement and we are in an more skilled based game then. the one whit the best FPS and aim and latency to the server wins if it was not for lagging hit-boxes. as we dont have random bullet deviation in BFV we are down to those 3 things but we have hit-box issues. and when ad ad ad spam is skill i think you shod get you  e-sport career going mow and dont wait gone be a short one 
  • DasScharminkel
    so instead of calling for a fix for hit boxes and keep the speed, it's better to slow the game to a crawl? yeah many tactics much wow. oddly enough games like quake champions manage to get the flow of the game right, even more so ancient quake live. no problem in staying on target with the lightning gun even if the opponent is jumping like crazy(as he very well should be)
    battlefield was never a simulation and hopefully will never be. it was good frantic action and fast paced at that.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think they need to remove the rooftop access between e and f. I've been on a couple of teams lately that decided that was the most important part of the map and decided to stay there all game. Campers will always find a way so it'll make little difference ( to contradict myself). It's a shame because I thought it was a good idea.
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is. I shot a guy who was trying to bunny hop. It's not very effective in BF5, so you don't see it very often.

Marita is starting to grow on me, but I really don't like Breakthrough. It's a lot more fun in Conquest, and is even better with lower player numbers. 64 players is too much. Maybe 48 or 32 would be better.
  • Noodlesocks
    2774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

so if i get your meaning its not the speed of the movement per se but the game registering hits wrong or not at all? why then not keep the pace and fix the hit boxes instead? this i can understand leads to frustrating moments rather than rewarding engagements, then again i havent played enough of the game it seems to run into this issue myself. aint an avid forum user, the things i've read so far indicates though that bugs and issues ain't going to be fixed any time soon, so i can understand the resignation on some players part.
    As far as bunny hopping goes yes, fixing the hitboxes would go a long way. It doesn't give you a speed boost like the old quake or half life games did but timed properly it doesn't reduce your speed either. And I say it is particularly bothersome with shotguns since you don't really need accuracy and can shoot mid jump.

As for ADAD spam, adding momentum to player movement won't slow the game down. Players will still move at the same speed, guns will still behave and kill as fast as they do now but it will mean they won't stop and change direction so unnaturally as they do just now. The video that @Pelliy posted is a good example of the improvements that could be made to momentum without changing movement speed.
  • VVaxDaddy
    130 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yes it is, I use it frequently. It's pretty dumb though not as effective as ADAD.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1094 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jumping once isn't bunny hoping.  :|