DICE needs to throw a lot of things in battlefield V to keep it alive.

Minigun991
133 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited August 2019
One of the top reasons battlefield V failed in my opinion is that it was vanilla. It tried everything, and excelled at nothing.

Battlefield 4 had leveling. Battlefield 1 had WW1 and behemoths. These things were pretty cool. I loved driving the giant zeppelin.

Now, name one thing that stands out about battlefield V. (Besides the bugs.) For me, it’s nothing. Battlefield V has nothing that stands out, and no selling point at this stage of the games life cycle.

At this point, the players left don’t care about realistic history. Battlefield V is the farthest thing from.

Just throw anything cool in. Anything.

Tiger 2’s, the Battle of Berlin, Stalingrad, Pershing’s, The Maus. I don’t care. Just something cool to bring players back. Also get rid of this “untold stories” BS. They are fake stories or they are boring.

No one cares about these battles, and no one cares about these tides of war unlocks. Because cosmetics and face paints are boring.

This game just needs something interesting. There is nothing special about this WW2 game.

And don’t tell me the Tiger 2 wouldn’t bring players back. Cause when they shall not pass came out, everyone was excited about the super heavy tank.

If there isn’t something cool added soon, the player base is going to be gone before the year ends.

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes, Tiger 2 won't bring people back. But more maps, more factions and more fun will.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, Tiger 2 won't bring people back. But more maps, more factions and more fun will.

ironing out all underlying core issues will help as well.
    eventhough i doubt this will bring back all that left due to these issues. BFV had its chance and blew it for many
  • Minigun991
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Factions maybe. Until you realize it’s just a bunch of voice lines, cause you can dress British soldiers in US uniforms now.

Maps, maybe. Cause the ones we got so far are pretty low quality. But if they add ones like Leningrad, or Berlin, then definitely.

But there needs to be some talking point like-

“Hey, battlefield V let’s you drive a Maus”

Just something to get people talking about the game again.
  • Minigun991
    llPhantom_Limbll said:

ironing out all underlying core issues will help as well.eventhough i doubt this will bring back all that left due to these issues. BFV had its chance and blew it for many

Honestly, you’re right.

It’s sad to think in 2016 we were proud of battlefield for stomping the ever living hell out of cod.

Now all battlefield players are leaving and talking about the new COD.

Funny how that turned out.

• herodes87
    1289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game is already over. When CoD Launch in November this Game will lose Lots of Players.

Even that 3 pacific Maps can't save it.
  • superteds
    1210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    more cheerfulness from minigun991
  • disposalist
    8851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Piling new content on top of bad design and broken mechanics isn't going to bring me back.  Just saying.
  • herodes87
    1289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Minigun991 wrote: »
    llPhantom_Limbll said:

ironing out all underlying core issues will help as well.eventhough i doubt this will bring back all that left due to these issues. BFV had its chance and blew it for many

Honestly, you’re right.

It’s sad to think in 2016 we were proud of battlefield for stomping the ever living hell out of cod.

Because the gunplay Looks 10 Times better then BFV. CoD bring's old memories back. And it Looks more Like a BF Game then BFV.
  • ragnarok013
    3702 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    herodes87 said:
    Minigun991 wrote: »
    llPhantom_Limbll said:

Honestly, you’re right.

Because the gunplay Looks 10 Times better then BFV. CoD bring's old memories back. And it Looks more Like a BF Game then BFV.
    herodes87 I'm a veteran of both BF and COD (COD WAW-BLOPS2) but the new COD's gunplay simply looks like more COD and nothing revolutionary. The things that got my attention was using a weapon attachment system like BF3\4's as opposed to the BF1\5 lackluster weapon skill tree or pick 10 and larger scale battles. The vehicles still aren't spawned on the map like in COD WAW or old Battlefield so that's a turnoff for me. I will however keep an eye on the new COD to see if larger modes remain populated and to make sure that Activision doesn't destroy their game with excessive monetization after the initial reviews are in like they did recently. If both of those remain in a good state I'll consider picking up the new COD but will still play Battlefield as usual too.
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    They need a team balancer. I still can't believe the game will be allowed to start without the teams being balanced. It's stupid. It means that for objective-focused games like Breakthrough etc one team won't even have a chance to win. They did try to address it with the catch up mechanism but instead of putting their foot down and keeping it, they pandered to players whining it wasn't fair, but having wildly unbalanced teams is fair somehow.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    llPhantom_Limbll said:

Piling new content on top of bad design and broken mechanics isn't going to bring me back.  Just saying.

Only rush opened up to all maps will bring me back even with the lag and other issues. If everything was fixed but still no rush I wouldn't play it again.