Weekly Debrief

ban mouse and keyboard

Comments

• Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    nvm @OskooI_007
     I see what you're saying. It would be silly if they allow cross play and not allow native support, but I'd still like to hear them  confirm it.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 3
    I just saw the tweet! Holy hell. THIS IS GREAT NEWS. I'm sorry I doubted you @OskooI_007 ; :D

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1157376066429890561
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    +1 for cod doing the native support 👍
  • OskooI_007
    787 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 3
    Thanks for sharing the link confirming native mouse and keyboard support in Call of Duty. I'm so glad game developers are finally starting to support this!

“We’re also supporting different peripherals, so if you want to plug a keyboard [and mouse] into your PS4, you can.”

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/08/02/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-22-things-you-need-to-know-about-multiplayer/

I'm worried how cross platform matchmaking will work though. Do we have a choice if we want to play against PC players? I sure hope so! Otherwise PC players will plug an Xbox controller into their PC in order to matchmake into console servers.

Or worse yet, PC players will plug a XIM into their computer in order to get matched into console gamepad servers. Plus they'll have Vsync disabled and 165hz Gsync monitors.

An Infinity Ward developer did say something about console gamepad players being able to 'opt in'. So hopefully game developers are wise enough to know console players probably don't want to play against PC players using aimbots and wallhacks.

Ideally, players should be able to choose which platforms they want to crossplay with.
  • Pelliy
    Thanks for sharing the link confirming native mouse and keyboard support in Call of Duty. I'm so glad game developers are finally starting to support this!

“We’re also supporting different peripherals, so if you want to plug a keyboard [and mouse] into your PS4, you can.”

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/08/02/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-22-things-you-need-to-know-about-multiplayer/

I'm worried how cross platform matchmaking will work though. Do we have a choice if we want to play against PC players? I sure hope so! Otherwise PC players will plug an Xbox controller into their PC in order to matchmake into console servers.

Or worse yet, PC players will plug a XIM into their computer in order to get matched into console gamepad servers. Plus they'll have Vsync disabled and 165hz Gsync monitors.

An Infinity Ward developer did say something about console gamepad players being able to 'opt in'. So hopefully game developers are wise enough to know console players probably don't want to play against PC players using aimbots and wallhacks.

Ideally, players should be able to choose which platforms they want to crossplay with.
    f rom what I read it's opt-in, but I have to imagine it will be pretty hard just to find pure mnk users on console. It's probably small community. They should not allow pc to crossplay using input.  Just keep PC, PC and give console players the choice to opt-in
  • ackers75
    2392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 4
    full951 wrote: »

Loooool yeah yeah yeah!
    It’s available in fortnite but it don’t stop xim users!
  • RANGER936
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 4
    Why cant people just play with stock kit I have been playing with out of the box kit for as long as I have been playing. If you have to have all this crap to be good, then you should find another game. Stick on crosshairs, control freaks, M&K! Play with a controller or go back to PC bottom line.

All this junk is ruining gaming. If you require something to play better then your kidding yourself thinking your a legit or good player.

If it didn't come with the system new, then it's an exploit. Those who argue this are clearly apart of the problem.

How to fix cheaters from using imulators. Sony needs to start making RF ID chips in their controllers and if that ID is not directly identified then it's denied access.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think a big reason PC users are switching to console is the rampant cheating on PC. I can't see console users wishing to play against PC users for the same reason. Also, I don't believe that EA will increase the number of servers to cater for separate controller and k&m console players. It will cost too much and lead to half empty servers.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

Loooool yeah yeah yeah!

Why would it?
  • Pelliy
    RANGER936 wrote: »
    Why cant people just play with stock kit I have been playing with out of the box kit for as long as I have been playing. If you have to have all this crap to be good, then you should find another game. Stick on crosshairs, control freaks, M&K! Play with a controller or go back to PC bottom line.

All this junk is ruining gaming. If you require something to play better then your kidding yourself thinking your a legit or good player.

If it didn't come with the system new, then it's an exploit. Those who argue this are clearly apart of the problem.

How to fix cheaters from using imulators. Sony needs to start making RF ID chips in their controllers and if that ID is not directly identified then it's denied access.

Sony license mnk adapters so they won't and more games are moving towards native support anyway which should make the use of xim go low. I don't think it's that high to begin with. But idk I have the numbers but I don't see many people buying a complex $100 peripheral to set up and fine tune.
  • ackers75
    2392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Loooool yeah yeah yeah!

Why would it?

You tell me?
    You all harp on about using xim because there’s no native kB/m yet when it’s given people still use xim🤣🤣.

Hmmm wonder why!
  • BaronVonGoon
    6778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 6
    Why cant people just play with stock kit .

What tv comes with this 'stock kit'? Because PS4/Xbox visuals are very very VERY different when you play on a 720p and when you play on 2160p. night and day different.

Some play on 720p and some on 2160p, some play on a 40ms response time tv and others on a 1ms response time monitor, some play on a 30hz refresh screen and others on 60hz, some play with a stock controller and others a skuf or elite controller, some play with control freeks and others with the stock nipp les, some play wired and others wifi, some play with stock tv speakers while others play with 8k Dolby surround headset, some play with curtains closed for maximum backlight and some play with the sun shining on the tv/monitor, some have no human being anywhere in sight and others a baby in their lap and nagging wife in the room, some have bad vision yet play without glasses while others with bad vision wear glasses that makes their vision 20/20 while playing. And some play with a mouse just like others play fighting games with a fight stick, racing games with a racing wheel, and flying games with a joy stick.

There's no such thing as stock kit.
  • full951

Loooool yeah yeah yeah!

Why would it?

You tell me?
    You all harp on about using xim because there’s no native kB/m yet when it’s given people still use xim🤣🤣.

Hmmm wonder why!

I'll definitely be using the native support when it comes. I'll definitely keep using the xim when I play with everyone I know who doesn't use a mnk.
  • RANGER936
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why cant people just play with stock kit .

What tv comes with this 'stock kit'? Because PS4/Xbox visuals are very very VERY different when you play on a 720p and when you play on 2160p. night and day different.

Some play on 720p and some on 2160p, some play on a 40ms response time tv and others on a 1ms response time monitor, some play on a 30hz refresh screen and others on 60hz, some play with a stock controller and others a skuf or elite controller, some play with control freeks and others with the stock nipp les, some play wired and others wifi, some play with stock tv speakers while others play with 8k Dolby surround headset, some play with curtains closed for maximum backlight and some play with the sun shining on the tv/monitor, some have no human being anywhere in sight and others a baby in their lap and nagging wife in the room, some have bad vision yet play without glasses while others with bad vision wear glasses that makes their vision 20/20 while playing. And some play with a mouse just like others play fighting games with a fight stick, racing games with a racing wheel, and flying games with a joy stick.

There's no such thing as stock kit.

I was referring to buying a console and using a stock controller, I don't care what you use for a display.
  • RANGER936
    You people are apart of the problem, you blatantly cheat and actually believe it makes you a good player lol. Using a unauthorized peripheral is clearly a violation of the Sony user agreement.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13065 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited August 7
    RANGER936 said:

I was referring to buying a console and using a stock controller, I don't care what you use for a display.
    Technically he's right.

Having a display with a 1ms refresh time vs a TV running a refresh time of 40ms,  the difference between the 2 is Immediately noticeable and can even be advantageous for the 1ms user as the image is updated every millisecond.

Information and frames are rendered far more quickly allowing the user to react in real time to what they see on their 1ms display.

The user who is using a 40ms TV has to see and then react to events that has already happened 39 milliseconds in the past.

Now this doesnt sound like much,  but when you consider your ping to the server could be.. say.. 15ms for example,  the TV's response time would be almost 3 times slower than the console doing the various hops from the home to the EA datacenter AND that includes the console being pinged back with bytes of data that the server is relaying back to the console.

Also,  controllers have aim assist which many in the past had claimed is a little too good at assisting players target acquisition,  not to mention that xim us fraught with input lag as all inputs from kb and mouse has to first be converted to signals that the console recognises,  adding a slight delay to movements and gun fights.

RANGER936 said:
    You people are apart of the problem, you blatantly cheat and actually believe it makes you a good player lol. Using a unauthorized peripheral is clearly a violation of the Sony user agreement.

Sony themselves were advertising AND selling xim in their online web store a while back,  I'm not sure if they still are,  But they certainly were happy to advertise / promote xim when I last looked.

• e-Sparta_Rambo
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RANGER936 said:

Technically he's right.

Having a display with a 1ms refresh time vs a TV running a refresh time of 40ms,  the difference between the 2 is Immediately noticeable and can even be advantageous for the 1ms user as the image is updated every millisecond.

Information and frames are rendered far more quickly allowing the user to react in real time to what they see on their 1ms display.

The user who is using a 40ms TV has to see and then react to events that has already happened 39 milliseconds in the past.

Now this doesnt sound like much,  but when you consider your ping to the server could be.. say.. 15ms for example,  the TV's response time would be almost 3 times slower than the console doing the various hops from the home to the EA datacenter AND that includes the console being pinged back with bytes of data that the server is relaying back to the console.

Also,  controllers have aim assist which many in the past had claimed is a little too good at assisting players target acquisition,  not to mention that xim us fraught with input lag as all inputs from kb and mouse has to first be converted to signals that the console recognises,  adding a slight delay to movements and gun fights.

RANGER936 said:You people are apart of the problem, you blatantly cheat and actually believe it makes you a good player lol. Using a unauthorized peripheral is clearly a violation of the Sony user agreement.
    Sony themselves were advertising AND selling xim in their online web store a while back,  I'm not sure if they still are,  But they certainly were happy to advertise / promote xim when I last looked.

The last I checked they were only promoting tac hori, and flight joysticks etc, must have missed promo for xim. I do have Tac Hori, and I can honestly say I am better player with ds4 despite spending almost 10 years in semi pro level on CS 1.6. Mouse is laggy, skips a frame/pixel, its still bound to controller turn rate. Xim aint much better just a bit more customizable. The only reason why I chose to use hori is much more cost affective compared to replacing DS4 due to poor design of analog sticks.

I play a lot of BF4, and majority of players are arabs these days and they re known to use xim. Never been bothered about ones input device, only trash connections to the servers.
  • RANGER936
    edited August 7
    Your on console, just use a controller. Why is that so hard? If you want to use KB&M then play PC. Why would the "PC Master race" play console anyway!?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13065 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    RANGER936 said:
    Your on console, just use a controller. Why is that so hard? If you want to use KB&M then play PC. Why would the "PC Master race" play console anyway!?
    Perhaps some users want to move away from cheaters,  like.. ACTUAL cheaters,  such as aimbotter and the likes.
  • ackers75
    RANGER936 said:

Perhaps some users want to move away from cheaters,  like.. ACTUAL cheaters,  such as aimbotter and the likes.

Aim assist with kB/m is pretty much aimbot!
This discussion has been closed.