Jack Frags throwing in the towel

MAJWolfcookies
587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
It says something when a paid influencer essentially throws in the towel. The problems with Frostbite is just a symptom of the problem: which is the culture of accepting mediocrity and sloppiness as the norm. No amount of time will allow for a quality product if the culture is broken.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/clp22t/jackfrags_with_29m_subs_speaking_out_the_truth/?

Comments

• Godmodegta
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Littery Most of everyone in battlefield throw in towel also Jackfrag doesn't care if there paying him or not, he now trying get in Pubg streamer boat and the new CoD, biggest issue than that is, amount player and battlefield player lost from the game bigger number compared too 1 YouTuber.
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Influencers are the reason BFV is the way it is. They all are Infantry only players that wanted more Hardcore mechanics and skill. They wanted DICE not to split the player base with Premium.

What we got is more Infantry focused gameplay and to hardcore and it ran off tons of players. What we got was a Live Service game but spoon fed content instead of expansions.

And now they are all Mad. They created this Mess and they should own it.

Excatly! They should be forced to play the Game!
  • GrizzGolf
    1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Influencers are the reason BFV is the way it is. They all are Infantry only players that wanted more Hardcore mechanics and skill. They wanted DICE not to split the player base with Premium.

What we got is more Infantry focused gameplay and to hardcore and it ran off tons of players. What we got was a Live Service game but spoon fed content instead of expansions.

1000000% They did some of this to us. We the fan base didn't ask for some of the crap they put in this 
  • Choongangchong
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Finally. Maybe its possible to discuss Battlefield again without hearing: Jackfrags says.... Implying hes opinion is so much more correct than all the other players who have played this franchise since BF1942 when the truth has always been that he was paid to say what he did. 
    Hes been nothing but a defender of all the "culture of accepting mediocrity and sloppiness as the norm" since the day I first heard his name pop up a long time a go. 

People in general should stop listening to paid influencers like they are some sort of messiah and instead make up your own mind based on your own experience. 

This is spot on!
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    393 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the title is misleading as I don't think he claims that he'll stop playing Battlefield - or BFV for that matter - in the video.

I bet there'll still be a constant stream of BF videos on his channel...
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Games were more solid when the devs had a vision and launched the completed implementation of that vision. Now they have marketing, influencers and what not but no solid games.
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the title is misleading as I don't think he claims that he'll stop playing Battlefield - or BFV for that matter - in the video.

I bet there'll still be a constant stream of BF videos on his channel...

It seems to be a plague on here of late if people bending narratives to suit an agenda.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There’s only so many times you can try to flog a dead horse
  • MAJWolfcookies
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This all goes back to EA's determination to improve profitability by cutting costs, not great but good enough now seems to be the standard EA games have to meet.  Does anyone here think DICE is ever going to have the budget to redo this clunky, awkward UI?  Would it really be taking this long to figure out why the network performance has become worse instead of better if BFV was more than a back-burner project at DICE, with most of the devs now working on future games?  Assembly-line games with a high tolerance for poor design and bugs seems to be what we should expect from now on.

The odds that I will buy BF6 grow increasingly unlikely, BFV is simply too big of a warning for me to give EA another chance to sell me an unfinished, buggy, cheat-infested game with mediocre technical performance and a trickle of new content.  Fool me once....

Agree 100%. They will mess up BF6 too. Guaranteed.