Weekly BF

Texture is awfull and things pop up sometimes on ps4

oudx02
98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited July 28
As you may noticed on ps4 everything is pop up in front of you and sometimes some cosmetics and objects dont appear ..is it bug ? And how to fix it ?

Comments

• filthmcnasty
    500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oudx02 wrote: »
    You can probably fix it by not playing on a potato hardware 

No really , i use ps4pro , have u faced it ?

He was referring to the "godly" pc. Ignore him
  • filthmcnasty
    500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But, I play on ps4pro too. I have noticed that textures don't fill in right occasionally, but I don't see it often. It's mostly on trees I've noticed. If you're in a plane and you see far off low fidelity textures that's LoD and limited to system memory, that's completely normal. There is no point in having a texture 1 mile away soak up memory, even if you are running on a $1000 graphics card, like a 2080 ti on pc.
  • EA_Rtas
    404 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    Cut it out with the "potato hardware" comments. Not everyone plays on PC, leave out the gate keeping.
  • xhiro108
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play on ps4 base mod. I love the game, but I do notice a lot of pop in/low res textures at distance. More than I did with BF1 but less than I did with bf4.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Rtas said:
    Cut it out with the "potato hardware" comments. Not everyone plays on PC, leave out the gate keeping.
    Why ? There is nothing PC "gate keeping" about it. I have a ps4pro and its a potato hardware, texture popin is there because of ram limitations ,slow cpu that was outdated on launch and combination of slow platter 54000rpm storage.Rendering distance is set to whatever option they had to set it to accommodate acceptable performance. It's a simple logical explanation, you want more stuff to be drawn in front of you, you need more powerful hardware. 16GB of ram and 4-8GB  onaborad GPU is significantly more than 6GB on a console. Same thing goes for cpu a 4-5Ghz hexacore with 12 threads can do a lot more and faster than two mobile quad cores from 2013 stuck together clocked at 1.6Ghz and 2.1 Ghz (for pro) 
  • oudx02
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Rtas said:

Why ? There is nothing PC "gate keeping" about it. I have a ps4pro and its a potato hardware, texture popin is there because of ram limitations ,slow cpu that was outdated on launch and combination of slow platter 54000rpm storage.Rendering distance is set to whatever option they had to set it to accommodate acceptable performance. It's a simple logical explanation, you want more stuff to be drawn in front of you, you need more powerful hardware. 16GB of ram and 4-8GB  onaborad GPU is significantly more than 6GB on a console. Same thing goes for cpu a 4-5Ghz hexacore with 12 threads can do a lot more and faster than two mobile quad cores from 2013 stuck together clocked at 1.6Ghz and 2.1 Ghz (for pro) 

Dude why bf1 has better graphics on ps4pro then ? Tell me ? We are not talking about pc here...jesus
  • elliott316
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA are doing a wonderful job. Wont hear a word said against them.
    Salt of the earth.
  • creepNpeep
    727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Simple answer is that the people that made BF1 clearly didn’t make BFV.

BFV looks like a PS2 game compared to BF1.