Weekly Debrief

Social screen on trigger pull

noaccess4me2
6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Has anyone else had the social screen to invite players take over the trigger during game play? I was playing last night and went to shoot and the invite screen came across .. I let go of the trigger and it went away. tried shooting again and it popped back up over and over. I had to leave the game to get it to stop.

Comments

• Tullzter
    1092 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Has anyone else had the social screen to invite players take over the trigger during game play? I was playing last night and went to shoot and the invite screen came across .. I let go of the trigger and it went away. tried shooting again and it popped back up over and over. I had to leave the game to get it to stop.

Seems like a bug where your game thinks it's on the pause menu when it isn't
  • Shibiwan
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A buddy of mine has the same issue (Trigger pulls up the R2 social screen).
  • ElliotLH
    8398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep I've had that a few times (also had it in the Beta). I don't think you can do much other than quit the match.
  • Pershing1894
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have this exact same problem on xbox. The friends list is always at the bottom of my screen so if I ever hold RT it will pop up, and continue to pop up over and over no matter how many times I back out of it. This is extremely annoying as (obviously) it only pops up when I'm shooting someone!
  • ONESIMPLYDOEZ
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Go to a different squad and it will fix it, you may have to try more than 1 squad.
  • creepNpeep
    727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Similar thing happens on the bleed-out screen.
    You hold R2 to skip revive and the commrose comes up.
    Seems like bad/ lazy programming to me.
  • nocty1120
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Press start and play around a bit
  • Pershing1894
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Press start then resume playing.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    *Solution:

Anytime it happens hit the pause button and then return back to the game it should be fine now to shoot without the stupid screen showing up.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1842 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I get R2-L2 mixing up on the bleed out screen. Not a biggy but still annoying when you want to wait for that incoming medic and no matter what trigger i press the timer speeds along - no im not on fire
  • Rok73
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Press Options button twice (pause /unpause) and it goes away. I have this a couple times every day. It's a bug.
  • Autorotor
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same here ps4 pro.
  • Prep768
    3434 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most common bug for me
  • KingBenCool
    i am dying so often cause of this ****! It happens every sessions more then 10 times, since November. It makes me tilting so hard! Dice please fix this issue!
  • skypIaya
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, I sometimes get this because I want to go check the scoreboard. Gotta press Option twice to get rid of it.
  • KingBenCool
    I still have this issue, but none of my friends. The strange thing is: when i play at the console of my buddy, i have this issue too, but he never - this is so weird :D 
    If i am looking in the internet i am just founding two posts about it, so it seems not be a common problem.  :#
    I made a compilation of the bugs which i had the last few weeks. Have fun feeling my pain! 

P.S. If anyone can help me would be so thankful  <3

• The_BERG_366
    2345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 29
    @KingBenCool

Pershing1894 as well as BaronVonGoon have already posted how to fix this. now one further remark that you didn't seem to realise just yet. The assignments that are visible on the right side of the screen are a 100% secure indicator for when this bug will happen. if the assignments are displayed it will happen, if they aren't it wont. so if you see the assignment displayed on the right side of the screen simply press options twice (aka open and close the menu). to me this happens regularly as well but i always fix it before it can have any impact on my game. as this normally appears right when spawning i have more than enough time to quickly fix it while the game is zooming in from the map overview to my first person view.
    furtherly its not at all weird that this always happens to you but not to your friends even if you play on the console of one of these friends as its directly connected to a certain kind of input (which obviously depends on the player and not the console). it has something to do with using your options button, so for example if you open your scoreboard (by holding options) while you spawn or get revived.
    Post edited by The_BERG_366 on
  • KingRofty
    536 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's actually a social feature of BF V. 

Dice is encouraging you to play more with your friends.
  • elliott316
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Had it a few times. A fine effort from EA