The reason BFV is just awful

WarCrys1s
24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
BFV is awful because no one wants to A. Make this game. And B. No one wants or wanted to play this game.

Everything about this game is not very good. It has half way attempted to do something different but failed miserably. It has nothing going for it.

Customization is awful. Movement is glitchy and feels like it’s stuck in a 2015 title. Map design is awful. This game covers none of the content people want to see from wwii. It’s a WWII themed cop out cause to much was invested in Star Wars battlefront. It was the same for BF1. These games are less advanced and bare bones leaving ample resources for the development of Star Wars Battlefront.

Not to mention just how disconnected Dice and EA are from the current condition of gaming. This company has no balls. None what so ever. The beta was a better product then the official game we have now. The hardcore TTK at least lead people to believe you have to get better to win.

Then all the chick stuff... why is there a woman on my loading screen? Not that I’m sexist or anything but... wtf this is WWII.. I mean wtf right.. Asian girls fighting for the British? It’s a dead horse so I won’t beat it but this game is joke. That’s one of its core issues. No one wants to play it cause of its lgbt wimp stance when generally the population doesn’t care. It’s weakened you’re product significantly!

Even the menu system is 2012. Why is it such trash.

If dice wanted to fix this game why doesn’t recon have the Dynamite? Why can any class equip a boat action or semi auto weapon. Why hasn’t the ammo crate and health systems been reverted? Why are is the ttk so trash. Why are the weapons so inaccurate? Why is the server tick rate so crap. Why hasn’t this franchise evolved. Why is nothing being done? 100 player plus game mode. Conquest and rush only at 64. Removal of the challenge wall preventing people from unlocking weapons cause they worked all week. Addition of a new map and set of cosmetics for a 10$ season pass entry at least funding new development. !!!

Long story short. Uninstall. Empty the lobbies and boycott this game. Also just buy and play call of duty MW. Cause dice is the worst major studio and is a total failure. Just like everyone else who puts bullS in front of what they should really be doing.

This game will die. And it will be remember as just aweful.

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well for conquest only and filters at 5+ open spots USA and for Noon mountain time on XBOX1 it can very from 30 to 50 servers.  Just depends on the day. 
  • MAJWolfcookies
    582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This game is dead. Not coming back. DICE killed it with bugs and slow drip content. Zzzzzzz I fell asleep writing this post. Zzzzzzz buggyfield RIP
  • bran1986
    5863 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It just feels this game was sacrificed by EA.
  • gets__tilted
    1685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the people at DICE want to do well, its just painfully obvious there is a huge mismanagement problem. If they could self publish i think alot would change.
  • CostanzaStan
    220 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Game is already dead. Nobody plays it.
    i get 100+ servers at all hours in NA region on PS4.
  • sabootheshaman
    1241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WarCrys1s said:

Then all the chick stuff... why is there a woman on my loading screen? Not that I’m sexist or anything but... wtf this is WWII.. I mean wtf right.. Asian girls fighting for the British? 

As soon as you mentioned that,  I just couldnt take your post seriously anymore.

It is a videogame,  set in a "different take of ww2",  it is not supposed to be a history lesson. 

He’s not sexist... but...

💀 ⚰️
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13844 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

And dont want to insult anything, but using the argument - ,,its only a game '' is really weak argument. So, lets use Monopoly money to buy the games - because its only a game.

This game is about WW2 and in this way its mean the game has already the setting - World War 2. Every added nonsense just destroy the setting. You can have great WW2 historical immersive game with females, interesting uniforms and stuff. Just buy Osprey books and you shall see a lots of interesting uniforms and no need even to make fantasy stupid uniforms.

Video game development costs real money in significant amounts.

They are also sold as part of a business,  whose job is to create videogames to bolster profits.

Just because the setting is ww2,  it doesnt mean the devs cannot put their own spin on things to keep the setting fresh.

So yes,  it is a videogame and you knew what you were purchasing before the fact,  largely due to the open beta which in no way made you part with cash.

Theres nothing wrong with females in a ww2 setting,  despite history showing that few actually served on the frontlines,  it's a development decision that was made for diversity,  absolutely nothing wrong with it.

• scottith
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LOLGotYerTags said:

WarCrys1s said:

Then all the chick stuff... why is there a woman on my loading screen? Not that I’m sexist or anything but... wtf this is WWII.. I mean wtf right.. Asian girls fighting for the British? 

As soon as you mentioned that,  I just couldnt take your post seriously anymore.

It is a videogame,  set in a "different take of ww2",  it is not supposed to be a history lesson. 

And dont want to insult anything, but using the argument - ,,its only a game '' is really weak argument. So, lets use Monopoly money to buy the games - because its only a game.

This game is about WW2 and in this way its mean the game has already the setting - World War 2. Every added nonsense just destroy the setting. You can have great WW2 historical immersive game with females, interesting uniforms and stuff. Just buy Osprey books and you shall see a lots of interesting uniforms and no need even to make fantasy stupid uniforms.

How many WW2 do we have. Tones all following the same old game play and accuracy... Dice tried something different and innovative and good on them. If games company's don't try something new and different and attempt to launch there game to a wider audience then what's the point.

The argument that it is just a game isn't weak it a vaild point and I your moaning and ranting about women and uniform is just a sign that your in a wee huff cus your not getting your own way.

The main issues for this game is the bugs and cheating. That's the reason people are not playing. Not cus a Chinese women is fighting for the British army wearing a cool uniform smashing skulls with a cricket bat. if that's the reason why you put the game down not due to the game play issues then it's time to grow up.

BFV is gone but let's not shape the next one by waiting to play a new skinned BF4. let them try new things and hopefully (I'm being optimistic here) take the time they need to make a fully finished game cus I'm not getting it day one
  • Jeffy141
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    I like the game. Yes it is far from perfect and not the best BF but there are some things that I quiet enjoy like the sounds, the environment, the come back of the artillery strike, the V2 rockets, grand operations , the pace...
    Yes the interface is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, and everyone is lvl 50 now...
    I hope they can fix that ASAP adn give us more maps.
    Post edited by Jeffy141 on
  • SilkWildey
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree on most things, just nothing more you can do with this game... it's just a bad game with bad core gameplay.

• Addicted2Life-BG
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The other thing is that TDM is infested with aimboters, today i saw 4/6 games that had them. How can this be ignored?
  • TFBisquit
    2109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Using headphones with a decent soundchip made me realize there is so much female screaming, even with nobody dead in sight, and so much small talk from teammates, echo's from my own footsteps, enemies and teammates footsteps. It's overwhelming.
    But the main issue with this game is that the gameplay is lacking. This is what drives players away. No fun in getting insta killed, no fun in using the weapons, they all behave erratic now and then. No feeling of accomplishment when going for objectives. Very poor visibility due to the colour pallette used.
    These are core elements and that's why they can't change most of it.
    The changes they did make only made it worse, while the honest attempt was to improve things.
    It's a game to pass some time if you have nothing else to do. For as long as you can stay calm that is.
  • Broliszibaila
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Theres nothing wrong with females in a ww2 setting,  despite history showing that few actually served on the frontlines,  it's a development decision that was made for diversity,  absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Yes, its nothing wrong with females and WW2. Its just about context how these females are presented in this game. And devs decided to take the worst possible context instead using real life examples.
  • Cannon-dale10
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    WarCrys1s said:

Well most of the Battlefield players want realism. This means realistic uniforms, characters and locations that actually had battles.   I would hope a company, whatever they are selling would consider what their customers want and maybe try to meet those expectations. That's how you drive sales and increase profits. Kinda basic. Putting a different spin on something, anything, may make your customers dissatisfied, thus resulting in lower sales and profits. Not good for the company. 

It seeems to me EA and Dice want to move on from this game and onto the next BF game.  New content will be minimal.  Game modes that were part of the vanilla game will become timed special events, i.e Frontlines and Domination.   These game modes were paid for and were taken away without any compensation or partial refund.  Customization and maps promised but delayed.  Cheaters, bugs, etc etc...

If Battlefield was a regular item you bought at a store that wasn't what it said it was, you could return it, get a partial refund, have some recourse. Talk to the manager, talk to corporate. I work retail and satisfying a customer is the most important thing I do.  Even if we loose a few bucks, my customer leaves satisfied. I want them to come back so we can get some more sales.  I want their loyalty in the long run. 

EA and Dice have NO IDEA how to take care of their customers.  Take care of the customer and the bottom line will be fine. If all you see is the bottom line then you wont see all your customers leaving you. 

• MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not a history lesson, but the development should learn from history.
    Battlefield 1942, despite graphics can't be compared with today, came right after Band of Brothers. A great show for audience who wanted to get into the action and the atmosphere surrounding it. Because that what its  all about; Atmosphere. The game brought the same to life, and that is what made it so popular. Later games like BF Vietnam brought the same.
    I think most old-school players still want to "interact" in real events, in a realistic way as possible. So, it is much better to create different separate games to satisfy each market, instead of making one game that no one is fully satisfied with.
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm willing to bet that there are more people that are still playing Unreal Tournament 2k4 than BFV...I've been really enticed to install it and play that game instead. I'm sorry I didn't buy a WW2 game to not play a WW2 game.