This Week in Battlefield V

The reason BFV is just awful

Comments

• HugoPlayNow
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anybody here try to play Cod WW2?  Makes this game feel like Game of the Year.
    I sold my copy of Cod WW2 after 2 days...it was awful.   Maps the size of your living room.

At least with this game I keep willing to give it a chance and see if it improves.

The marita map and updates have given me hope....

All they need to do is make the classes more focused...(no shotguns for Assault?!?  What?)

And make weapons more effective. As Assault I threw everything I had at a tank including the level 9 cluster grenade, grenade launcher, and tank buster launcher thingy, and still couldn't take it down.  I figured, why bother?
  • NN_Buzz12
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Broliszibaila said:

And dont want to insult anything, but using the argument - ,,its only a game '' is really weak argument. So, lets use Monopoly money to buy the games - because its only a game.

This game is about WW2 and in this way its mean the game has already the setting - World War 2. Every added nonsense just destroy the setting. You can have great WW2 historical immersive game with females, interesting uniforms and stuff. Just buy Osprey books and you shall see a lots of interesting uniforms and no need even to make fantasy stupid uniforms.

Video game development costs real money in significant amounts.

They are also sold as part of a business,  whose job is to create videogames to bolster profits.

Just because the setting is ww2,  it doesnt mean the devs cannot put their own spin on things to keep the setting fresh.

So yes,  it is a videogame and you knew what you were purchasing before the fact,  largely due to the open beta which in no way made you part with cash.

Theres nothing wrong with females in a ww2 setting,  despite history showing that few actually served on the frontlines,  it's a development decision that was made for diversity,  absolutely nothing wrong with it.

So if they’re releasing a game to boost profits shouldn’t it be worth the $70 bucks I spent? This game is not. I can’t talk about the elephant in the room but I can say content is lacking and there are serious flaws.

You are right it is more than a game but to have a business you need a customer base. This release set the tone for my future purchases with my real money.
  • royzl_star
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 7
    low TTK, attrition, forced prone with LMG's, low visibility 

it isn't rocket science
    Post edited by royzl_star on
  • sabootheshaman
    1111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @NN_Buzz12 $70 divide by hours played compared to a ticket to a film. Do the math for me.

Cos it looks like you’ve logged a few hours.
  • sabootheshaman
    1111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    royzl_star wrote: »
    High TTK, attrition, forced prone with LMG's, low visibility 

it isn't rocket science 

Clearly it is. We have a low TTK, LMG’s don’t have to be prone and visibility isn’t a problem for all.

It isn’t brain surgery.
  • NN_Buzz12
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @NN_Buzz12 $70 divide by hours played compared to a ticket to a film. Do the math for me.

Your math is flawed. The game cost was $70 and doesn’t diminish over time played. If I were to charge EA for my time then we could amortize the cost of the game to be fair. I’ll use my math and you can fill good about yours - mmk.
  • sabootheshaman
    NN_Buzz12 wrote: »

Your math is flawed. The game cost was $70 and doesn’t diminish over time played. If I were to charge EA for my time then we could amortize the cost of the game to be fair. I’ll use my math and you can fill good about yours - mmk.

Errrr what? How can you charge EA fir your time? You choose to play.
  • StarscreamUK
    7286 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    by the same math basis, would you pay EA for each hour of gametime the amount you would charge? no.
  • NN_Buzz12

Your math question started off flawed. I haven’t received my rebate check for the price of the game based on the number of hours I’ve played. So the cost remains $70 bucks and does not diminish based on hours played.

In fairness you wanted me to compare a $20 movie (added popcorn) against the $70 game. Both are one time expense. This game should have lasted years. If I go to see movie X but they give me movie Z I wouldn’t be happy.

BF5 sucks and has serious issues not advertised by EA. I’m not happy to get game Z.
  • sabootheshaman

Your math question started off flawed. I haven’t received my rebate check for the price of the game based on the number of hours I’ve played. So the cost remains $70 bucks and does not diminish based on hours played.

In fairness you wanted me to compare a $20 movie (added popcorn) against the $70 game. Both are one time expense. This game should have lasted years. If I go to see movie X but they give me movie Z I wouldn’t be happy.

BF5 sucks and has serious issues not advertised by EA. I’m not happy to get game Z.

You could of returned the game.
  • royzl_star
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    royzl_star wrote: »
    High TTK, attrition, forced prone with LMG's, low visibility 

it isn't rocket science 

LMG’s don’t have to be prone and visibility isn’t a problem for all.

...  :# :D
  • NN_Buzz12

You could of returned the game.

Took a couple days to figure out how bad it was so I was outside the return policy window.

Let’s cut to the chase though. Love it and deal with it or hate it and leave. I don’t play anymore and won’t. There are so many just like me out there that have remained silent and will let their money talk for them.

I won’t give these guys a nickel now. EA needs to earn it going forward.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10845 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MAJWolfcookies said:
    Game is already dead. Nobody plays it.

i get 100+ servers at all hours in NA region on PS4.
    Ditto on Xbox.
  • lll_HOSS_lll
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 7
    “Nobody plays it” I guess I’m nobody then. I play almost daily and have 400+ hours and have really enjoyed BFV. It has its flaws...needs more maps, needs added to the companion app, we should be able to mix and match elite skin components, the deluxe edition was a rip off, the whole company coin boins fiasco...to name a few. But, none of those issues have prevented me from having fun playing. That’s just my experience and opinion and everyone is welcome to their own of course. I am also very much enjoying Marita!
  • WarCrys1s
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    “Nobody plays it” I guess I’m nobody then. I play almost daily and have 400+ hours and have really enjoyed BFV. It has its flaws...needs more maps, needs added to the companion app, we should be able to mix and match elite skin components, the deluxe edition was a rip off, the whole company coin boins fiasco...to name a few. But, none of those issues have prevented me from having fun playing. That’s just my experience and opinion and everyone is welcome to their own of course. I am also very much enjoying Marita!

The game is a insult to WWII and battlefield fans. Did you not play bc2 Bf3 and bf4? Those all got better. BF1 was one step back and this game just jumped the franchise off a cliff. It’s trash
  • lll_HOSS_lll
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played the original BF1942 (I’m that old) and BF1. Like I said we can all have our own experiences and opinions. I like BFV so I play it. The only real complaint I have is the cost of Deluxe edition and what they promised versus what we actually received. I do really feel that was shady.
  • kenpokillz
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    im sure DICE/EA knows this game was made on the cheap.  it shows.  but if they brought back rush i'd actually enjoy it.  CQ is for confused 12 yrs olds and break through takes to much intelligence for  the typical gamer to engage effectively.  
  • WarCrys1s
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Look the game is not a wwii game.. it’s a game with a wwii theme..

It has no identity and honestly it’s trash.

Every single thing about it.

Sorry if you’re stuck playing it but it’s a waist of time.
  • Amgtree
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Glad I already uninstalled last weekend.  
  • Unimatrix08
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It doesn't bother me that there are women soldiers in the game.
    Diversity is fine by me. Just other things in this game that bother me more.