Tanks crippled and limping after first hit

Comments

• sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BogMogg wrote: »
    While I don't enjoy tanks as much as I used to in BF4, where they were an asset of your team to be feared by the enemy and supported by your team. BFV tanks are not broken and can still be used in a way to do well for your team, albeit farther away from flags. 

My only issue is that as infantry, tanks should be something to fear, it's an immersion type thing. Hiding from the tank while it rolls past, setting up an ambush praying it will work. 

Also, some people on here who proclaim to be tank pros, are lying to themselves.

Careful with the term immersion bro. Might unleash some crying from the legends around here.

Are you capable of discussing anything without denigrating those who disagree with you on a subjective topic?
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    BogMogg wrote: »
    While I don't enjoy tanks as much as I used to in BF4, where they were an asset of your team to be feared by the enemy and supported by your team. BFV tanks are not broken and can still be used in a way to do well for your team, albeit farther away from flags. 

My only issue is that as infantry, tanks should be something to fear, it's an immersion type thing. Hiding from the tank while it rolls past, setting up an ambush praying it will work. 

Also, some people on here who proclaim to be tank pros, are lying to themselves.

Careful with the term immersion bro. Might unleash some crying from the legends around here.

Are you capable of discussing anything without denigrating those who disagree with you on a subjective topic?

Dude give it a rest. Starting to think you are kinda fond of me.
    I’m just a “keyboard warrior” and I really don’t deserve the attention. So why give it?
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    I disabled a Tiger Tank with one Piat shot. It was helpless as I dropped mines next to it and blew him up.

Tanks are awful. There shouldn't even be a Thread about it. Any experienced Tankers knows this or they prefer camping like Trees. Which most experienced Tankers have moved on to other games.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    I disabled a Tiger Tank with one Piat shot. It was helpless as I dropped mines next to it and blew him up.

Tanks are awful. There shouldn't even be a Thread about it. Any experienced Tankers knows this or they prefer camping like Trees. Which most experienced Tankers have moved on to other games.

Look at the arsenal one assault can carry after resupplying. I’ve mentioned it before.
    And you know that’s all fine and well, but for one assault player to take out a full health tank in mere seconds when it would take a tanker much longer to take out an unsuspecting tank with heavy shells is quite frankly ridiculous. How is this anything close to balance?

But you’ll get assault players who read that and they’ll say no no no, one assault can’t do that to a tank as if I’ve never experienced it with the hours put in tanking. They’ll make up some story about how it was really 2-3 assault players or you were hit first by a plane right before.
    They just want to protect the fact that it’s possible to destroy a tank in a few seconds by one player. If that were to get buffed they would come unglued.

• BadShotLarry
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    first mistake was Tiger tho haha, as sad as it is, Panzer-shotgun tank ftw hehe
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    first mistake was Tiger tho haha, as sad as it is, Panzer-shotgun tank ftw hehe

You said it right there bro...the tiger tank is laughable. And in a nutshell it represents everything about BF5 that is unbalanced and out of whack. What should be the most feared vehicle rolling up is relegated to the laughing stock of every assault player.
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Marine_IraHayes2 said:...
    Funny how the Panzerstorm map was touted as major tank battles in the beginning. Now it’s turned into another COD infantry map. If I wanted that I would stick with say Rotterdam. Actually...take your pick of all Infantry maps now.

They should have never advertised epic tank battles if this was the end game...

It's sad. Was pretty clear to me from the beginning given how un-fun tanks and planes were that BF5 was intended as an infantry only game with novelty vehicles.

You can't design them that badly but have had the intention of them being fun.  It made no sense and still doesn't unless you realise they never really cared for anything but making an infantry BR experience.

This, totally. I fell In love with BF a long time ago with BF:BC being my first time sink into the series, and played BF:BC2 to plop into the top 500 worldwide on PSN.
    You had some infantry focused maps in the old games, but they didn't FEEL like BF5. As much progress as tanks have made since launch, they still don't hold a candle to anything before BF1.
    Remember Operation Firestorm? Golmud Railway? Oasis? Port Valdez? Those were the maps that kept me playing.
    This and BF1 are/were way too focused on Infantry and the series lost it's way.
    In the past I'd spend about 40% of my time in any vehicle, but now I'm playing infantry 95%+ and come to the conclusion that if I'm going to be playing as infantry, I might as well play a game that does it better and feels more rewarding.
    Soooo.... I put BF5 on the back burner and re downloaded Rainbow 6: Siege on PS4 and PC, in case one can't connect. Since playing R6 again my interest in BF5 is dying.
    Like I said earlier, I played BF for a good mix of combat units. BF1 lacked having a lot of vehicles but made up for it with elite kits and Behemoths. BF5 has an identity crisis. It is easily the most uninspired, unoriginal entry yet.
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe it’s me but I swear after this latest patch/update they tweaked it so that tanks hardly move after first hit with full health.
    I’m gonna end up breaking my stick pushing it so hard trying to make my tank limp back out of danger lol.
    Anyone else notice the change?

The 2 most common problems I have are busted tracks and engine damage. I noticed myself inflicting said critical on adversary tanks more now too. I used to get damaged turrets, now it's those two. My biggest annoyance is the wildly unpredictable ricochets, and the terrible 3rd person cam.
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

So you went through all the necessary steps to land a "disabling" hit on a Tiger, and you got lucky that the tanker in question was a complete noob that had no idea what was going on or how to react to that minor inconvenience. Wow, I guess tanks really must be bad if you got a kill on one, that could never happen if tanks were remotely decent.
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Regarding Tiger tanks in general, they're great. You have to pay attention to what's going on around you because your reaction times are more limited than other vehicles, but they're extremely powerful and push objectives just fine. I'm not sure some of you guys know the difference between a bad vehicle and a bad player.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    Regarding Tiger tanks in general, they're great. You have to pay attention to what's going on around you because your reaction times are more limited than other vehicles, but they're extremely powerful and push objectives just fine. I'm not sure some of you guys know the difference between a bad vehicle and a bad player.

Could you provide us a video of you storming objectives just fine. Unless you're playing against Recons it's not happening.
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ProAssassin2003 theirs a video on the previous page that literally shows a tiger running smock on objectives on Aerodrome. Maybe watch that?
  • ProAssassin2003
    @ProAssassin2003 theirs a video on the previous page that literally shows a tiger running smock on objectives on Aerodrome. Maybe watch that?[/quote

Stopped reading at Aerodrome.
  • Marine_IraHayes2

All I can say to that is go check my stats. As I said before, I’m no elite but I’m no slouch either.
    You can find them under Marine_IraHayes.

I got started late playing and managed at one point to make it to #75 on Tank score for PS4.
    But have since dropped to around 100 because I’m losing interest.
    Someone should start a thread to poll tankers.
    Yes for the Tiger is a great tank.
    No the Tiger is a laughing stock.
    Although you would probably get Assault players joining in and voting “Yes” it’s a great tank lol.
  • sabootheshaman
    @ProAssassin2003 theirs a video on the previous page that literally shows a tiger running smock on objectives on Aerodrome. Maybe watch that?[/quote

But you’re so good. You told us all that in the other thread.
  • jroggs

Why are you still posting when you ignore every single fact and actual evidence presented? It's the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling "LALALALA I can't hear you LALALALA!" It's not how adults discuss things.

Earlier in this thread I laid out all the facts of how powerful tanks are, and you couldn't dispute any of them. I posted a 50 minute video of objective-pushing with heavy and medium tanks, and you're hiding from that now as as well. But you're still talking. Why? Either say something and support it, or face the truth.
  • ProAssassin2003

But you’re so good. You told us all that in the other thread.

Aerodrome is a great Tank map as its linear design players don't have to worry about much behind them. That Map can give a illusion that Tanks are strong. Like I said there is many examples on why Tanks are bad in BFV. Map Design is one.
  • sabootheshaman
    This thread has gone in circles. I feel a 🔒 coming.
  • jroggs

All I can say to that is go check my stats. As I said before, I’m no elite but I’m no slouch either.
    You can find them under Marine_IraHayes.

I got started late playing and managed at one point to make it to #75 on Tank score for PS4.
    But have since dropped to around 100 because I’m losing interest.
    Someone should start a thread to poll tankers.
    Yes for the Tiger is a great tank.
    No the Tiger is a laughing stock.
    Although you would probably get Assault players joining in and voting “Yes” it’s a great tank lol.
    I wish we had access to overall user metrics in BFV like we did for previous Battlefields, that would answer a lot of these questions a lot more definitively. I tried looking at personal stats, but mine (jroggs0352) are frankly wrong (I've spent way more time using the Panzer IV and Mk VII Churchill, among other things) and I have no way of knowing how well your stats represent your play. Still, I pulled a little info that seems to make some sense.

I think the rough pattern is pretty much what you could expect. Light tanks get to the action faster and carry more main guns rounds, therefore they spend more of their player-time fighting and have higher KPMs. Heavy tanks move slower and carry less ammo, causing more downtime and a slower KPM. What we unfortunately can't see in BF Tracker's stats is survivability. That's also a question of how you use the tank, whether that's pushing objectives or just trying to find safe places to tanksnipe at the cost of your team's chances of winning.

I would say that the results you get from the PTFO Tiger are determined by your playstyle and approach. Is your MO to keep your head on a swivel and constantly check your sides and rear while fighting the enemies in front of you, or do you tend to focus on the targets in front of you and rely on quickly retreating once you start taking damage? The latter laziness is very common, and I've taken advantage of it plenty of times as an Assault. But the critical thing is that that is a reflection of the tanker, not the tank.

The Tiger is a monster. It can absorb frontal and side damage very well and has a ton of staying power in a battle for an objective. It even handles dynamite very well as long as you're using that Zimmerit paste and driving away from the Assault. Its main combat weakness is that it can't flee like a 38t can, but as long as you're working with your infantry and staying diligent about your situational awareness, you won't be need to run away very often. (The other big downside is its logistical weakness in needing more frequent ammo restocks and taking more time to get there, but them's the attrition-system breaks.) Bottom line, the Tiger is slower but can make a bigger impact in the right hands. And I really do hold to the idea that it is the player that matters more than the vehicle.

For the people who think the Tiger (or any other tank, for that matter) is a joke, post some videos of you using it in these losing situations along with the specs you were using, and I'm confident I'll be able to show you where the user error was that preceded the vehicle's failures.