Best Tip You'll Get Today (Not Satire)

ChickenTheTank
834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
When you're bleeding out you can lay down a spot marker (Xbox it's right bumper).

So if there's an enemy sitting still in your line of site while you're bleeding out, do your team a favor, and let them know.

If you already knew cool, if not you're welcome.

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1117 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not always easy to use but if you can spot the corpse camper it's great.
  • ChickenTheTank
    I'm surprised more people haven't commented. Considering things of people play without mica, this is a super useful way to help your teams spot corpse campers, and corner MMGs that get you... almost baby other scenarios
  • KMAsterisk
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It only spots within your squad, not the team itself, although something is better than nothing.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The only issue I have with the spot marker is by default it's very hard to see and bf doesnt give any warning other than a sound queue that someone is pinging. Feel like it needs to be alot brighter
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    The only issue I have with the spot marker is by default it's very hard to see and bf doesnt give any warning other than a sound queue that someone is pinging. Feel like it needs to be alot brighter

Since the thing can detect when you ping an enemy maybe it should trigger a voice line.
  • LINKERBLOX
    99 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wish people did this more often, cant revive because people dont spot the camper who killed them
  • dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Keep pinging till you bleed out.
  • ChickenTheTank
    edited August 2019
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    I wish people did this more often, cant revive because people dont spot the camper who killed them

I've found myself holding the bleed out and spotting even when there isn't really a chance at getting a revive. I don't honestly know if that's good or bad though lol.

I might not stay bleeding out as long now that I know only squad mates can see it. Can anyone confirm that's true though? It would make sense for sure.
  • KMAsterisk
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Holding the bleedout with no hope of a revive is helpful if you're down to the last tickets in a close game, otherwise since they extended the time to hold a bleedout you're only delaying yourself from respawning.
  • jroggs
    1226 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tried this out today. Had no idea it existed. Not sure if it's a glitch or an intentional mechanic, but I don't like it. It's not as terrible as the "getting a kill makes you spotted for the enemy team" mechanic from December, but it's close. Revives are one thing, but invulnerable downed players shouldn't be able to participate in the battle other than waiting.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You're assuming that A. my squad has any brain cells which they usually don't and B. they would even be able to see the enemy in the corner even with a marker. Lol
  • ChickenTheTank
    jroggs wrote: »
    Tried this out today. Had no idea it existed. Not sure if it's a glitch or an intentional mechanic, but I don't like it. It's not as terrible as the "getting a kill makes you spotted for the enemy team" mechanic from December, but it's close. Revives are one thing, but invulnerable downed players shouldn't be able to participate in the battle other than waiting.

I completely agree. I hope it gets patched out. I found it, and I'm using it, but I'm not going to be happy when it's being widely used against me.
    You're assuming that A. my squad has any brain cells which they usually don't and B. they would even be able to see the enemy in the corner even with a marker. Lol

I've been finding it to work pretty effectively. You can get assaults to blast a guy up in the corner of a room with a rocket because they can see the red marker clearly from the outside of the building. Just one of a couple instances I've seen success with it. I notice squad mates hitting bushes that I get a red tag on with grenades and explosives a lot too.
  • Elephante33
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    weird is that new? cose up till now I've not been able to do that, but then again they havnt gotten the Spotting Camera working so....
  • KMAsterisk
    It was available when the game first rolled out, vanished after a patch, and has now returned. Personally I like it because I'm rarely in front of a victim's view after I've put them down so it's not like I'm being spotted, and on the flip side I use it to spot corner campers. That being said, I doubt I'd miss it as I'm generally running in a squad using mics anyways.
  • ChickenTheTank
    weird is that new? cose up till now I've not been able to do that, but then again they havnt gotten the Spotting Camera working so....

I'm not sure if it's new. I don't think I've ever tried to spot while bleeding out until I found this out when I posted it. I just always assumed you couldn't lol
  • KIIXXVI
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    It isn't new has been apart of the game since the beginning. It is a "Ping" marker, yellow when general pinging & Red when you actually ping the enemy. It only works for your squad mates and not the entire team.
  • ChickenTheTank
    KIIXXVI wrote: »
    Elephante33 said:

It isn't new has been apart of the game since the beginning. It is a "Ping" marker, yellow when general pinging & Red when you actually ping the enemy. It only works for your squad mates and not the entire team.

No, I'm fairly sure he means 'is being able to do it while you're bleeding out new?'
  • KMAsterisk
    No, I'm fairly sure he means 'is being able to do it while you're bleeding out new?'

That is not new either, you were able to ping while in the bleedout state, then it was either removed or bugged out, and now since at least a few weeks ago it has been reintroduced/fixed/bugged back in/ with this game who knows.
  • KIIXXVI
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »

I've found myself holding the bleed out and spotting even when there isn't really a chance at getting a revive. I don't honestly know if that's good or bad though lol.

I might not stay bleeding out as long now that I know only squad mates can see it. Can anyone confirm that's true though? It would make sense for sure.

Yes it is true. You can only Ping for squad mates. Yellow/Gold Ping for general pinging & it will turn Red when you have actually marked an enemy. It does not follow them around though just pings general location.