Could we get rid of ALL skins

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    A) Yes

But the skins aren’t for us, they’re for EA. Its a distillation of everything that is wrong with BFV and modern gaming.

If a company can come up with a “win win” mtx, fine. Player gets something, company gets money. A historical war game makes zero sense for this.

The only game ive put mtx money into is Battleborn. Original IP with tons of funny/crazy skins and taunts (when you killed an enemy you could taunt and the fallen foe had to watch your little dance). I bought them because they were a joy, AND i wanted to support a great game.

If Overwatch didn't kill that game I would've definetly played it, got caught in the OW hype. Battleborn shouldve delayed their release.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    @BaronVonGoon

It was killed quickly by Overwatch (which genuinely stole the entire idea) but it was so much better, so much deeper. The final population of less than 500 lasted for almost a year, and we played the [Removed - CM] outta it for as long as we could.

Its a tragedy because boy did it have legs, but its the best example (for me anyway) of a successful mtx model. I WANTED to buy skins and taunts because they made sense for that game and I wanted to applaud and cheer on an original game.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Elephante33
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wish Adaptive Camo came back from BF4
    What I mean by that is that in BF4 you had these rare skin which were a normal camo you could get in the game, except they matched the colour palet of the map you are spawning into, which was amazing.

Had zigzag lines in kaki and black? welcome to the snow map, its now white and black. These skins were my all time fav and it was simply the smartest thing anyone has ever done for customization in a militairy shooter camo wise

It just made life that much easier
  • SlowOldWarrior
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It has to have a negative effect on lag - those cartoony games with Borderland graphics are easier to render.  

So yeah, quit while you're behind.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1281 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No. 

I couldn't give less of a toss about the garbage skins and cosmetics especially the so called "Elite" skins which cost BFC (or Premium Currency) to buy. Why any sort Premium Currency belongs in a $60 AAA paid game is beyond me. That type of rubbish is justifiable only in a F2P and/or mobile game.

Removing skins and microtransactions would be a nice first step on the long road to redemption but it won't magically siphon me back to the game like all is right. The fact still remains that BFV is a (deeply) disappointing instalment into the franchise for reasons I'm sure you've heard a million times before.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. The visibility is actually worse then the worst the community thought it was if that makes sense.
  • trip1ex
    5227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yeah i liked bf42 where the vehicles and guns and uniforms were faction appropriate
  • 4Primeval
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes
    I realized that the skins are one of the most taxing thing in the game, where there are noticeable texture pop-ins on the soldiers as it tries to load everyone's "unique" skins/colors/camo and odd mix and matching pieces of clothing..
    Also it makes identifying your enemies that much easier now that we have no 3d spotting and awful visibility. Switch on friendly fire and BFV will be at a far better state than it was from launch
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I only use skinz because they are available. I would be fine if they were excluded from the game.

Well, except the prosthetic. I’m still waiting to purchase it for $100
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If removal of the skins will improve visibility and allow you to tell the difference between the classes, I'd be all for it.
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here I was hoping for a thread on circumcision.

1 Star.
  • disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yes, in fact the skins are to the detriment of the game. visibility is bad enough without weird full body skins mucking things up further. Also, the weapon skins are pointless (just like in BF1).
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes.

It would bring back better gameplay balance too, because we'd be able to recognize other players classes based on their cosmetics. The customization is one of the biggest visual down grades in franchise history because of the negative impact on balance imo.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Skins don't make or break a game for me either way. Never got all the fuss about implementing them in the first place and if they stopped putting the Predator skins into the game I'd have zero issue at all.

At this point I can identify a class just from weapon equipped and subsequent body posture maybe 90% of the time. For the other 10% with the TTK being so low gun fights are over before class consideration would be an issue.

I also weirdly find it better immersion wise. Always struck me as weird when I'd see a battalion of identical Medics go trotting past in BF1, bit like the clone wars.

I'm not forking out £8 for a skin because that's clearly insane, but I do enjoy seeing them out on the Battlefield.

• B0ng0_Banger
    1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    B. Not because i care for skins, i haven't even equipped a weapons skin. But because the game sucks.
  • ragnarok013
    3877 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Would you play this game if there were no skins at all and you could only play with default characters and default gun looks?

A) YES
    B ) NO

(Its a first person shooter afterall).

Yes I would and would probably enjoy it even more that way since IDing friend vs foe would be better and it'd look like a uniformed army instead of 64 individuals running around the map with scavenged uniform items thrown together. I think BF3 had the right amount of customization, we had realistic camos and soldier customizations for the most part whereas BF4 is where customizations - specifically camo started getting CODish with things like orange Tiger stripe camos on vehicles and weapons. The actual customization system in BF4 was better\more robust but the camo choices specifically started getting crazy, then we started getting gold weapon skins in BF1 and BF5...
  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happens all the time that I get killed by someone I choose not to shoot at because he had a friendly uniform, only to realise to late that it was an enemy.
  • Ov3rkiII
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes! Fix the game instead...
  • THECOMMANDER66
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Doubtful. Somebody at Dice thought they were going to capitalize on the Fortnite crowd obviously. So expect to see Japanese soldiers running around in big bird costumes on Iwo Jima. I notice with all the core gameplay bugs the paid cosmetics rarely have an issue. Maybe there’s 3 ppl working on maps and bugs and 23 ppl working on costumes. Was this REALLY Gustaven’s or whatever his name is, his vision of a WW2 remake??
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happens all the time that I get killed by someone I choose not to shoot at because he had a friendly uniform, only to realise to late that it was an enemy.

Yes, I do this to ze Germans as a brit medic in Rotterdam and Devastation. I dont recall the name of the camo, but its fully grey w/ a grey gasmask, and I straight up look like an axis soldier with my mp40. Ive just walked around casually mp40’ing fools until someone finally stares at me a while and then realizes im a bad guy.