Weekly BF

Battlefield V Weekly Debrief - August 9th - Update 4.2.2 | New Marita Playlist | Rush Feedback

Braddock512
1310 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
As we head into the weekend, let's do a quick recap of this week.

Archive for Week Starting August 5, 2019

Monday, 8/5/2019
  • This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!
Tuesday, 8/6/2019
Wednesday, 8/7/2019
Thursday, 8/8/2019
Friday, 8/9/2019
  • Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week.

Notes, Addendums, & Other Things

• The Screenshot contest should be starting on Monday - details will be in This Week in Battlefield V.
  • We're getting close to Gamescom, so we'll have some information coming about the upcoming release of Provence and Lofoten Islands.
  • The team is working on the upcoming Update 4.4. Once we get through the first draft of notes, we'll share some details.
  • Next week I want to do another mousemat/Art Book giveaway, as well as some EA PLAY emblem codes. Will share details in This Week in Battlefield V on Monday. 

Comments

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 10
    I was happy to see Marira Frontlines this week but after playing it I can safely state that this is the worst Frontlines map of all. Terrible visibility, unbalanced capture areas, too many choke points with no flanking opportunities & only 3 capture areas. Whoever wins the centre cap point at the beginning and it's all over.
    Post edited by DrunkOnRedWine on
  • soupy48
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was happy to see Marira Frontlines this week but after playing it I can safely state that this is the worst Frontlines map of all. Terrible visibility, unbalanced capture areas, too many choke points with no flanking opportunities & only 3 capture areas. Whoever wins the centre cap point at the beginning and it's all over.
    I'd say that Marita is a terrible map overall, in my opinion. YouTubers were hyping it up massively, but I should have remembered that these are the same YouTubers that loved the temporary Grind mode, as well as maps like Metro and Lockers back in the day. Linear infantry chokepoint-filled maps are incredibly popular, and it's quite fair that many people like such maps ... but I'm the sort of person who'd pick Armoured Kill over Close Quarters any day of the week. 

So, the wait for Al Sundan continues ... and then I'll ignore the Metro remake and hope that the Pacific maps have more of that combined arms warfare that I've always loved from this series, even if the vehicles mechanics in BFV are the worst of the series.

I agree.

I will admit to enjoying Metro, however, that was playing on a clan server that had active admin's that did it right.

• Noodlesocks
    3040 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will we get information on Al Sundan at Gamescom or we just assuming it ain't coming?
  • yourmomshot420
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When can we expect Duos to return? Every time I find a squad, someone leaves and we're left outnumbered 9 times out of 10
  • Braddock512
    1310 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Will we get information on Al Sundan at Gamescom or we just assuming it ain't coming?
    I'm hoping we'll have an update on the progress of fixing the visual artificating that is preventing Al-Sundan on Conquest from coming to BFV this week. Or even an ETA. 

-Braddock512-
  • CT1924
    112 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would be neat to have an Al Sundan, Hamada, and Aerodrome playlist for conquest a week after it drops(so we can get the standard Al Sundan only playlist). Just saying, could be fun. Like a Grand Operation, only you don't have to play 40+ minutes to get to the best game mode. Plus dessert tank skins can be useful.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hilarious.