Battlefield V is about to get a bomb dropped on it.

Minigun991
132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited August 9
Everywhere I use to go to to watch battlefield content, is now making content on the new call of duty.

Talking about the ideas of 50 vs 50, and vehicles like in blackout. You know how dangerous this is for the battlefield franchise?

If call of duties new engine pulls threw, and they can do the live service right, it’s going to absolutely decimate battlefield V. Especially if cod adds vehicles outside of call ins.

Then there are these people saying “Well competition is good.”

No it’s not. Not with EA. Cause if cod can outdo battlefield in what it’s best for, EA is not going to innovate and make a new engine and wait. Instead, EA will scrape DICE all together, because they deemed battlefield as no longer profitable. Then save money by laying off developers, and employees.

And don’t say they can’t, because dead space use to be one of EA’s top cash cows. Until it messed up once, and EA deemed it no longer profitable.

They have other franchises that make just as much money. Like FIFA. They are definitely not hard up for money.

Comments

• OskooI_007
    709 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope there's vehicles, aircraft, and boats that players can drive. Then CoD will really be fun.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6731 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I concur with @VOLBANKER. As long as it captures that Battlefield feel ill give it a try. Definetly hoping it plays like Battlefield minus the bugs, visibility, camping etc... Its highly highly doubtful that its exactly what we want when it releases. Maybe we the BF community can put in feedback and hope it shapes how they fix it. As it stands you can tell right away the insanely fast ttk wouldnt work on Battlefield type maps so that's the first thing they ought to look at.
  • ragnarok013
    3046 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I hope there's vehicles, aircraft, and boats that players can drive. Then CoD will really be fun.
    OskooI_007 from what I see vehicles are kill streaks that you call in like BF5's squad reinforcements. The vehicles are not prepositioned all over the map like in older Battlefields nor are they available from the spawn screen without earning them like in BF1\5. This system is what makes me think it won't be a direct Battlefield competitor but it will offer an alternative.
  • THECOMMANDER66
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Call of Doo kie
  • ProAssassin2003
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This happens when one studio has there head in the sand and the other is surfing the waves.

DICE need to have a serious discussion on the future of Battlefield and the studio. If development is already begun on another Battlefront hope is already lost. If not have all studios focus on the new Battlefield. Go to a 3 Year development cycle and finish the game when it's done. If your Contract is up with EA don't sign another become your own publisher and developer.

This is all hopes. My True feeling and this is hard for me to say is I think honestly BFV is the last Battlefield we will ever see.
  • oldmandown65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 12
    The best part about this whole thing is that EA isnt going to gobble up Activision and screw the whole thing up.
  • sabootheshaman
    1042 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ragnarok013 the lack of squads and classes also lead me to believe this will play significantly differently.

Other big questions... reviving? Micro destruction? I don’t mean full destruction but I’d like to see some more examples if bullet penetration and cover being chipped away. Even though BFV seems to lack in this department.
  • oldmandown65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Heck, if it’s like COD4 with more players I’m in, don’t care about the rest.
  • DrunkwoIf
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    This happens when one studio has there head in the sand and the other is surfing the waves.

DICE need to have a serious discussion on the future of Battlefield and the studio. If development is already begun on another Battlefront hope is already lost. If not have all studios focus on the new Battlefield. Go to a 3 Year development cycle and finish the game when it's done. If your Contract is up with EA don't sign another become your own publisher and developer.

This is all hopes. My True feeling and this is hard for me to say is I think honestly BFV is the last Battlefield we will ever see.

it wont be the last BF, people still pre order this trash by the millions. EA is not going to let go of that cash flow. expect to see a new game early next year with all the same bugs as this one. just with a shinny new skin.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ragnarok013 the lack of squads and classes also lead me to believe this will play significantly differently.

Other big questions... reviving? Micro destruction? I don’t mean full destruction but I’d like to see some more examples if bullet penetration and cover being chipped away. Even though BFV seems to lack in this department.

Bullet penetration seems to never work for me.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Since I haven't played a CoD game for years I am hyped for the next release as it looks quite promising. However I am highly skeptical with what's on offer. From previous titles CoD was flat out trying to run a 6v6 lobby, which more often resulted in laggy lobbies, server disconnects & endless host migrations. While I am looking forward to it I think the proposed 20v20 will be more trouble than it's worth as I just don't have faith in their ability to make it run smooth. I hope they can pull it off, but having been burnt by so many developers lately I now look at these releases in a different light. Let's just say the best I can hope for these days is to be pleasantly surprised.

I will admit I was a long time CoD fan, before I was a BF fan (don't hate me ;) ). But eventually I got sick of playing on the incredibly small, 3 laned maps with minimal variations between maps and zero verticality. It felt like the maps were all the same and only served to promote spawn trapping. It was just a race to see which team could get 2 people to cover each lane and shoot directly into the spawn the fastest leading to the other team being killed before they even loaded in from the spawn. Hate that ****. I am also glad that the wall running, boost jumping crap is gone. It was fun for a while in BLOPS3 but was pretty cheesy IMO. If these 2 aspects are truly gone then I am ready to give em another chance.

Personally, I don't think reviving is necessary in MW, nor would I like to see destruction in the series. I would rather they focus on making their servers handle the load of the new player count and making sure that the performance is smooth before implementing anything like that.

Anyway, fingers crossed.

• OrionPherrit
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’d be wary of a new 100-player experiment until it’s tested & confirmed to be (relatively) bug-free. Still, Activision will deserve plaudits & poached players from BF if they pull it off.

And this subject header sounds like dropping a new bomb on the Moon…
    china-moon.jpg
  • bran1986
    5654 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It has nothing to do with a contract, EA owns DICE. I agree with everything you said, DICE had a lot of momentum with BF1 and a BF in WW2 should have been a slam dunk and for some reason they completely imploded. BF needs a 3 year cycle starting with the release of BF2020. DICE Stockholm needs time to regroup and to get back on track.
  • sabootheshaman
    1042 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Bullet penetration seems to never work for me.

It seems inconsistent in BFV that’s for sure.
  • OskooI_007
    709 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 12
    Tree leaves stop bullets.
  • zenn_nme
    800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    call of doodie... supported for 1 year and bloated with microtransactions after 6 months.
  • Trokey66
    8248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 12
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Tree leaves stop bullets.

Bullet proof shrubbery has been a plague in Battlefield for ages!

Bizarrely though, it usually just stops outgoing rounds.

• fragnstein
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 12
    Cod has already announced it will deliver the most post launch content in the series.

What's this mean? They actually have a plan, a pipeline, that involves delivering content, activities, and events

• Shadders_X
    479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 12
    Hi,
    Maybe BFV is poor due to the following :
    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/08/12/video_games_sector_slammed_for_long_hours_and_bullying_culture/

The developers are treated badly - although this is the UK, perhaps the issue is all countries. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X.