Weekly BF

Red pings should be visible to everyone

LINKERBLOX
97 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
It will help on killing campers

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should be. Without 3D spotting and nothing to replace that feature of communication there's no way to tell the team where the enemy is.
  • Vespervin
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I spot enemy players they don't show up for the whole team? Are they only showing up for me or my squad?
  • baroncrovax
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    When I spot enemy players they don't show up for the whole team? Are they only showing up for me or my squad?

If you spot by Q (or console equivalent) then no. If you spot by flares or scope then yes.
  • bran1986
    5745 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So if I mark a tank or an enemy while I'm downed and they get a red pip only my squad see that?

If so that's almost completely useless and would explain why nothing ever happens when I mark anything.
  • fragnstein
    513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have seen players react to my pings. It is difficult to see though
  • LINKERBLOX
    97 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »

Only squadmates and people near you can see it
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »

Anyone now how near?

I think they should be visible to anyone inside what would be the default mini-map sized area.
  • Lost_in_the_BF
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That needs a clarification. Players near you or near the ping? Dice is infamous about having game mechanics and not explaining how exactly they work, or worse, that they are there at all.
  • Noodlesocks
    3044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 12
    So if I mark a tank or an enemy while I'm downed and they get a red pip only my squad see that?

If so that's almost completely useless and would explain why nothing ever happens when I mark anything.
    Pretty much. So if your squad isn't working together and you're surrounded by other members of your team, there's no way of alerting them of enemies.