Weekly Debrief

Now that CoD is going 100+ Players Can we have a higher player count in battlefield?

Comments

• Shadders_X
    483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The maps will be designed around 100 player counts. DUH....
    Hi,
    Not purchased BF1, but is it the case that the maps are open and people just snipe from across the map edges ?. 

CoD maps are notorious for being open/multiple angles of attack and no cover. That was also my point - does not matter how big the maps are, open maps mean to easy to get killed. 

People have mentioned that they like the destruction in BF. It is ok - but how many times on a map has every building been destroyed, and you have no where to take cover, and the vehicle dominate - repeated spawn, die etc. BF2:MC was great here - you could hide from tanks, and flank them - balanced play. 

Look how DICE messed up BFV still ongoing, and BF4 at release. Don't underestimate the ability of the software house to mess it up. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • OskooI_007
    786 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 8
    Modern Warfare 2019 will have dedicated servers on all platforms.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Will Use Dedicated Servers For All Platforms

There's also digital Tamagunchi pets on your wrist watch who help keep track of your killstreaks. They start out in an egg but hatch and grow as you rack up more kills. Awesome!

Game Informer talked about playing 64 player Ground War at Infinity Ward's studio. They said vehicles are piloted by players. Hopefully this includes aircraft!
    Choppers whiz by above while players spawn into secured locations and even APCs on the move, planning their next cap point. Vehicles are player-piloted.

https://www.gameinformer.com/feature/2019/08/06/gearing-up-for-ground-war-in-call-of-duty-modern-warfare

This game looks hype! I can't wait to play it. :smile:

Infinity Ward's art director answers 129 rapid-fire questions about Modern Warfare.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • sabootheshaman
    1112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It does seems to be coming together. Good to hear about bullet penetration. Id love to see if they have some micro-destruction which I don't think I have seen yet. I don't like totally hard cover.
  • Godmodegta
    330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Modern Warfare 2019 will have dedicated servers on all platforms.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Will Use Dedicated Servers For All Platforms

There's also digital Tamagunchi pets on your wrist watch who help keep track of your killstreaks. They start out in an egg but hatch and grow as you rack up more kills. Awesome!

Game Informer talked about playing 64 player Ground War at Infinity Ward's studio. They said vehicles are piloted by players. Hopefully this includes aircraft!
    Choppers whiz by above while players spawn into secured locations and even APCs on the move, planning their next cap point. Vehicles are player-piloted.

https://www.gameinformer.com/feature/2019/08/06/gearing-up-for-ground-war-in-call-of-duty-modern-warfare

This game looks hype! I can't wait to play it. :smile:

Infinity Ward's art director answers 129 rapid-fire questions about Modern Warfare.

Director "Think we should finish making the game"

YES
  • BURGERKRIEG
    936 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    COD is probably a trap.

After the reviews are out don’t they usually flick the switch and a torrent of micro transactions, loot boxes and all sorts of monetisation awfulness floods into the game.

I don’t trust Activision not to do this...

and then use the money generated to build a machine that consumes the souls of the unborn in order to open a portal for the Dark Gods to manifest in the Activision head office to consult on the COD MW2 micro transactions strategy.
  • Cerben1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    surprise mechanic and pay for ammo is it not what there big boss was thinking was an good base to build on for cash flow =D 
  • THECOMMANDER66
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope Call of **** ends up being a great game and all you zergers go back to it. Maybe Fortnite 2 will come out and you can go run around dressed in a chicken suit. 🤣
  • THECOMMANDER66
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can tell this is a forum for kids. You can’t even say doo kie
  • dcs500
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 11
    CoD will be using the same network (aka, the internet) than Battlefield, and every other game, so what makes you think that CoD large player count games will run better than BF?
    The only reason CoD was ever smoother, and it wasn't always, was because it had less load.
  • oldmandown65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The data center and server hardware have a lot to do with it, not just the rest of the internet and clients.
  • ackers75
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    CoD will be using the same network (aka, the internet) than Battlefield, and every other game, so what makes you think that CoD large player count games will run better than BF?
    The only reason CoD was ever smoother, and it wasn't always, was because it had less load.

You do realise there are other high player multiplayer games that run better than battlefield v.
  • NilSatisOptimum
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I miss MAG it was an excellent game until they patched it to death and killed their own community. Gigantic maps, proper objectives, good graphics for the time, great load out system, solid gunplay and 256 players. High player counts work when the people who implement it really care about what they are doing.

Anyone who wasn't ps3 back in the day missed out on a great experience and many of my best gaming memories came from it.
    Are yes MAG, factions the numbers, the pinch points....

The high tide mark for this genre. Why on earth there is not another Massive Action Game? 
  • sabootheshaman
    1112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

You do realise there are other high player multiplayer games that run better than battlefield v.

With destruction etc? Do tell?
  • dcs500
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The data center and server hardware have a lot to do with it, not just the rest of the internet and clients.

Last I heard CoD was on Peer to Peer, so I wouldn't get too exited.
  • ElliotLH
    8391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 said:

Last I heard CoD was on Peer to Peer, so I wouldn't get too exited.
    There's a pretty good chance I'm mis-reading/mis-understanding (so I stand by to be rightly corrected) but to me the implication seems to be dedicated servers for this one: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-will-use-dedicated-ser/1100-6468966/
  • ackers75
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Fortnite does it with 100/50vs50
    And it doesn’t miss a beat!
  • sabootheshaman

Graphically they are so on par.
  • ackers75

Graphically they are so on par.

Your missing one big point

It’s 50/50....,,,,
  • TheNoobPolice
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why does a larger player count equal more fun?

This reminds me of the simple "more numbers is better" philosophy you regularly see in extremely simple people. It's the reason mice companies got away with selling off the back of ever increasing dpi numbers which offered zero benefits as a feature.

BuT iTs MoAh PlAyErS!!!......they cry.

:-| smh

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I miss MAG it was an excellent game until they patched it to death and killed their own community. Gigantic maps, proper objectives, good graphics for the time, great load out system, solid gunplay and 256 players. High player counts work when the people who implement it really care about what they are doing.

Anyone who wasn't ps3 back in the day missed out on a great experience and many of my best gaming memories came from it.
    Are yes MAG, factions the numbers, the pinch points....

The high tide mark for this genre. Why on earth there is not another Massive Action Game? 
    Last year I read some PC game was suppose to have anywhere from 400 to 900 players.  I don't remember the name of the game though.  Probably be another boring battle royale game though.  Not sure if they set up map in big squares and each square is a server?  Atlas pirate game did that.  So a little bit of lag between moving to a new square.  Not sure if that game got fixed our not.  I unfollowed Atlas since it looks more like a broken ARK game.  Same developers or a sister company.