AP mines are beyond pointless now

Comments

• MachoFantast1c0
    2026 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    The only people happy with the nerf are the kd kids that are more interested looking for their next kill rather than checking out their surroundings!
    Killing is quite a bit more fun than inspecting every inch of a map at a snails pace in case there's a mine there, yes. I agree.
    I think you are onto something here. I never did like Minesweeper.
  • Hawxxeye
    5351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2
    ackers75 said:
    The only people happy with the nerf are the kd kids that are more interested looking for their next kill rather than checking out their surroundings!
    Killing is quite a bit more fun than inspecting every inch of a map at a snails pace in case there's a mine there, yes. I agree.

In the modes that I am playing (Breakthrough/CQ) I almost never died to Ap mines in spite of being super aggressive ptfo.
    Perhaps they may be a problem to small map CODfield game modes like Squad ClanStackfest
  • TFBisquit
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    Trokey66 said:

TFBisquit wrote: »
    Time as a shooter should be played, time to play Assualt only.

And what a boring, shallow game that would be.

Oh wait.....

Yoo, don't do that!!! Speak for yourself as I also do. No need to fabricate false quotes, right?Btw I seldomly die from ap mines. But go on imagening things, and maybe it becomes your solid truth guys.-I have an opinion about certain things, that doesn't mean anyone must agree with me, feel free to disagree, but don't assume that, what isn't true, to be true.Or are we all kids here?

Whilst the quote may be tongue in cheek (surprised you failed to catch that!)

All good, no offense.
    Btw I would have preferred if no nerf at all was implemented. I liked the guns and gadgets in december/January.
  • VincentNZ
    2697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I still use the AP-Mines on the Medic and the Recon and managed to get 1 kill so far. I only put them down when I am being changed and need the potential boost of damage. This often does not work of course, the kill I got was on D Arras where I always place them between the barn and the silo, I fell back got a 176 hit and a kill (they must have blocked each other). However I have mostly got hits ranging from 13-57 even when two AP mines went off. I got hit by one for whooping 11 damage and can't recall running into another one.
    Your best chances with them are still on stairs in houses since people will tendencially be slower, have to turn a corner, might stop altogether to take aim and can not go prone. Traditional spots like small alleyways, passages or doorways are also not very good anymore, as you can avoid damage totally, people can turn a corner fast, reducing damage and the activation range is enough to back off even.
  • Hawxxeye
    5351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    I still use the AP-Mines on the Medic and the Recon and managed to get 1 kill so far. I only put them down when I am being changed and need the potential boost of damage. This often does not work of course, the kill I got was on D Arras where I always place them between the barn and the silo, I fell back got a 176 hit and a kill (they must have blocked each other). However I have mostly got hits ranging from 13-57 even when two AP mines went off. I got hit by one for whooping 11 damage and can't recall running into another one.
    Your best chances with them are still on stairs in houses since people will tendencially be slower, have to turn a corner, might stop altogether to take aim and can not go prone. Traditional spots like small alleyways, passages or doorways are also not very good anymore, as you can avoid damage totally, people can turn a corner fast, reducing damage and the activation range is enough to back off even.
    This made me consider what would be the most useless possible loadout one can have in the game full of  as many bad slots as possible.
    Main weapon: Boys AT with x6 scope
    Sidearm: Liberator
    Gadget 1: Spotting scope
    Gadget 2: AP mines
    Grenade slot: Throwing knives
    Specialization: Pathfinder
    Melee: any knife that takes many hits to kill w/o takedown
  • Kompura
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just tried to use AP mines after a while but I don't know what to do with them as they are not for killing enemies obviously at the moment. Didn't see any rats or other small animals to kill with it either. Does anyone know what we should do with those in this game? I'm sure those are meant for something?
  • oldmandown65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Haven’t got a kill with an AP mine since the nerf.  They’re so weak and you have to place them so far apart, it’s pointless.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    787 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 11
    Mines make whines, and in the race to the bottom DICE knows no equal.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can honestly say that since the AP mine nerf, I haven't been killed by them at all. They are now completely useless. I would have preferred if they kept the damage the same, perhaps delay the detonation, but allow the ability to slide or go prone to mitigate the damage.

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 12
    AP (Absolutely Pointless) Mines?

Still get kills with these, not many but still a few - I use them as markers to tell me where the enemy are coming from when I'm camping  :D

I'm up to 1166 kills
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't and still don't use them but they went too far with the nerf. What was needed wasn't a damage change but a reduction of the amount on the floor and that would've been best solved by making them one class only and only 2 placed at a time.
  • SirTerrible
    1689 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can honestly say that since the AP mine nerf, I haven't been killed by them at all. They are now completely useless. I would have preferred if they kept the damage the same, perhaps delay the detonation, but allow the ability to slide or go prone to mitigate the damage.

I've been killed by 'em a few times, but that's because they are so ineffective that I barely even pay attention to the ground anymore. I can actually focus on soldiers instead, it's great.
  • Trokey66
    8256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    JUJAMAKILL said:

I've been killed by 'em a few times, but that's because they are so ineffective that I barely even pay attention to the ground anymore. I can actually focus on soldiers instead, it's great.

It's boring......
  • DingoKillr
    3508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:

SirTerrible wrote: »
    JUJAMAKILL said:

It's boring......

Lets make a game with no guns. Only tripmines, claymores, ap mines, and other such things.

Sounds good. Then you can focus on the other parts of soldiering. Like movement and cover.
  • Trokey66
    8256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:

JUJAMAKILL said:

It's boring......

Lets make a game with no guns. Only tripmines, claymores, ap mines, and other such things.

1v2 Metro B Flag, Claymores only!
  • StealthAria
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    Trokey66 said:

JUJAMAKILL said:

It's boring......

1v2 Metro B Flag, Claymores only!
    I'm game for 1v32, claymores only

Since they made two entire classes of weapons almost useless outside prone I'm actually astounded people pay so little attention to the ground.  Walk right over me with your shotgun, but somehow it's my MG34 that's OP when I use an entire belt to slowly shred your ankles with little 2 dmg hits because my bullets are clipping the dirt.
  • bunningsSnagz
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ducking the damage doesn't even work, I've droped to the deck so many times yet they still hit me for 90 damage 
  • StealthAria
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 13
    Ducking the damage doesn't even work, I've droped to the deck so many times yet they still hit me for 90 damage 
    Yep, the increased timer mean the mine actually drops to mere inches above the ground it launched from, so properly hidden mines are actually more effective now than they've ever been (excluding the brief time the mines could actually do 100 damage)  They even went and "added" a feature the mines already had, so now the slightly better informed zerglings will plop themselves down right in the kill zone not realizing they're about to eat full damage from the very mine they're trying to avoid.

They weren't even hard to avoid in the first place, just drop to prone when you hear a PING and you'd only take about 10 damage.
  • Bamsmacked
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    They have no place in an online shooter, unless perhaps the recon as a warning signal.
    In all other cases it’s spamming mines for easy kills. Which brings me back to my first line.
    They have no place in an online shooter.
    I’m still amazed actually by the quantity of pain in this community. So many ways to kill opponents, so many weapons to choose. And from all that some prefer a single attribute.
    Time to play the game as a shooter should be played.
    Actually before AP mines were totally useless it was a good strategy as a aggressive recon with a bolt action,  pop a few shots medium range if you don't secure kills place mines around corners and lure guys right into them.

I use to get so many kills with this strategy and it made playing Recon viable and fun -- versus camping off the map somewhere with a 6x scope because unless your secure headshots your ttk is so atrocious you can't compete with other classes.

AP mines needed toned down, but now with the over-nerf it's just one less gadget support, medics, and recons have available to them because they're completely useless.