Does anyone use manual leaning in BFV

Godmodegta
509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I honestly never use it, cause I'm so use too Q (Lean left) & E (Lean right),  and changeing that mess's with my keybinding that im comfortable with , as Q being my Spoting my enemy and E (interacting) , Also i been doing pretty fine with out manual leaning, So do you ever use manual leaning.

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use it a lot. The one where you hold a key and use the movement key. It's really useful.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No i never use it.
    Contextual lean works good enough but even that isn't really necessary imo.
  • Marcusspinner
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use it to peak certain corners, so now and then.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't been able to figure out how to do it on xbox. I've only tried buttons can easily reach without taking my thumbs off joysticks
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone know how to do it on Xbox?
  • Noodlesocks
    3662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I imagine when you turn it on and aiming down the sights, you hold the melee button and move the left thumb stick left or right. On PC there's options to bind specific keys to left and right leaning but I suspect that wouldn't be possible on console
  • The-Monz
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    y_j_es_i wrote: »

I think you hold the right thumb stick down when you ads
  • bunningsSnagz
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    I would use it more but it doesn't work very well in my opinion. The amount of times I've tryed to use it only to shoot into whatever im leaning around or over is infuriating. 
    Post edited by bunningsSnagz on
  • 4Primeval
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Whats manual leaning?
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not a fan of the auto leaning but I love the auto peek over 👍. I'm starting to use the manual lean more often.

I really don't know how much I'm exposing when leaning, it always feels like I'm still exposing most of my body to get a good look around a corner.
  • Godmodegta
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    4Primeval wrote: »
    Whats manual leaning?

Manual leaning, allow you tilt your head in game , like peaking your head out while body still in cover. Also like in rest of battlefield how you can lean out edge of wall, in battlefield V, you can do it manual, so you dont have too be behind a wall.
  • ElliotLH
    9601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The-Monz said:
    y_j_es_i wrote: »

I think you hold the right thumb stick down when you ads
    Yup. 

--

I don't use it myself mostly as I forget that it's a feature.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    I use auto lean from time to time. If you position yourself correctly you will auto lean when you ads. I don't use the key bindings. It's too clumsy, and the lean doesn't act very useful either. You're just as visible as when you're not leaning, but loose precious time holding those lean keys.
    And as said, q and e are the only useful keys for it, and those have better functions by default.
  • disposalist
    8962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2019
    When the ADAD is so fast?  Why?  A quick D-A or A-D is surely fine for peeking?

Anyone know if the peek function doesn't add movement spread?
  • jroggs
    1226 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's technically on console, but I can't imagine how to make great use of it. The button-mapping is too rigid and limited to fit it into the controls without losing or screwing up other controls. Plus, there's already auto-leaning which can contextually lean in nearly any scenario where you'd want to manually lean.
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When the ADAD is so fast?  Why?  A quick D-A or A-D is surely fine for peeking?

Anyone know if the peek function doesn't add movement spread?
    Agreed, no need for manual, i even hate the contextual it gets me killed quite often because right when i'm in tight cover and want to peek ever so slightly to get a kill shot it not only steps but also latches on and leans and throws my aim way out.
    Every time i think "I should see if i can turn that off" and every time i'm like "I'll do it when i'm finished" and never do.
  • ForbidRhyme
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use it a lot honestly. I'm on Xbox (it's click down right stick while strafing one way or another....I think). It's handy for firefights where your dug in.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I never tried it.  I always forget to use it for Rainbow Six Siege even.  Socom Navy Seals I used the lean when doing some made up dances over dead bodies though or for the win.
  • Noodlesocks
    full951 said:
    Not a fan of the auto leaning but I love the auto peek over 👍. I'm starting to use the manual lean more often.

I really don't know how much I'm exposing when leaning, it always feels like I'm still exposing most of my body to get a good look around a corner.
    Wish the game had manual peak over too cause the auto peak over is janky as heck when using on buildable fortifications.
  • Cropulus
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do not have time for it, gotta keep moving!