Narvik and Fjell needs to go Night time.

ProAssassin2003
3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Narvik is already Night in Operations but it needs to be that way for Conquest and other modes. Fjell needs to go Nighttime as well. Both these maps are lacking in Atmosphere and Narvik at night would be amazing for Conquest with the Northern Lights. Fjell could benefit as well as that map is just Boring looking.

Comments

• mikey199012
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The funny thing is I think devastation is a terrible map but about 3 times since launch it has changed to night/dusk from bombs being dropped and the map is so much better.

Night version of Narvik might make it a better map it’s currently my least favourite.

If they do make night versions of any map it would be great if the map was slightly different like when twisted steels bridge hadn’t been destroyed for grind.
  • oudx02
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They want to kill this game and because of that nothing will change
  • VOLBANKER
    960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Narvik and Fjell deserves to be put to sleep...
  • Nutcrusherr
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. I'd also add rotterdam here, not cos its bad but it would be beautiful at night.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should add nighttime variants of every map into the rotation
  • ProAssassin2003
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    They should add nighttime variants of every map into the rotation

This. Should be Random. Would be so awesome.
  • Kongo030
    640 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Problem is that it takes a lot of effort which they explained in BF1. It's like creating a whole new map. I rather take new maps like Stalingrad or Berlin ^^
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    Problem is that it takes a lot of effort which they explained in BF1. It's like creating a whole new map. I rather take new maps like Stalingrad or Berlin ^^

Is it? Peak. Tbh I’m a lil surprised that there’s no easy way to do it with frostbite. Maybe once ray tracing becomes standardised they’ll be able to make night a reality by altering the intensity of the rays of light
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    With all visibility issues this game has, I'm not so sure night maps will be fun to play...
  • Nutcrusherr
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With all visibility issues this game has, I'm not so sure night maps will be fun to play...

I never had any problem with the visibility, not even before the patch that came to "fix" it.
  • mf_shro0m

Night time Narvik in GO works pretty well
  • zombifiedstalker
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Out of curiosity, is it night like Zavod or, more twilight like nivelle/prise de manure?
  • Trokey66
    8246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Out of curiosity, is it night like Zavod or, more twilight like nivelle/prise de manure?

If they could re capture the atmosphere of BF3's Nelson Bay, both Fjell and Narvik would improve dramatically.
  • ProAssassin2003

I never had any problem with the visibility, not even before the patch that came to "fix" it.

Says the guy laying inside a Rock. In all seriousness the visibility is terrible.
  • CaptHotah
    1068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 13
    Imo every map needs to have its night variant. Look at the bf1 night maps. Instant fan favourite
  • mikey199012
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think the visibility issue depends on if you have hdr or just hd. For me I never had visibility issues apart from looking outside a build which was fixed a while back, however I turned off hdr one day and the games visibility then was horrendous.

I think it also it differs from pc to console as well.
  • Nutcrusherr

Says the guy laying inside a Rock. In all seriousness the visibility is terrible.

What the heck are you talking about... :D
    Even with support i'm running around. The only time i'm laying around is when i'm reloading...
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Visibility isn't a issue.  Its just large maps and a bunch of stuff peppered all over the map to hide in and 32 players shooting at you.  Also prone doesn't help.  There was no prone for Bad Company 2.  Just crouch.
  • ProAssassin2003
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    Visibility isn't a issue.  Its just large maps and a bunch of stuff peppered all over the map to hide in and 32 players shooting at you.  Also prone doesn't help.  There was no prone for Bad Company 2.  Just crouch.

I have a thread about the Removal of prone and how much it would boost the gameplay of BFV. It was rather unpopular opinion but I predicted it would be with the amount of Camping Spammers there is in Battlefield community now.

On the other hand people loved Bad Company 2 and praises it yet there was zero Prone in that game. Lol
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

I have a thread about the Removal of prone and how much it would boost the gameplay of BFV. It was rather unpopular opinion but I predicted it would be with the amount of Camping Spammers there is in Battlefield community now.

On the other hand people loved Bad Company 2 and praises it yet there was zero Prone in that game. Lol
    Also I believe it was 12vs12 for consoles.