Better locations for supply stations

LINKERBLOX
65 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
So here i am in breakthrough, with my tiger tank slowly moving forward and capping the objective, but oh no, im running out of bullets, smoke, repair and shells, now i have to go back to my spawn by travvelling 2/3 of the map, they should be placed near no mans land, it will stop spawn camp and reward players who move foward

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not to mention if you're playing certain maps on Breakthrough then some sides can't actually access resupply stations on some sectors. 
  • StealthAria
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only problem with moving the depots up to actually useful locations instead of just inside the spawns is that they become Assault magnets.  You go cruising up to a depot anywhere near an objective to resupply more than a single cycle and you can bet that there's gonna be enough PIAT shells and dynamite inbound to destroy an entire battalion within a matter of seconds, if you're unlucky you'll even have someone taking cheeky shots at your tracks with an AT rifle or turning the entire depot into a giant bundle of explosives.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How are supply drops for tanks not a thing yet?
  • ElliotLH
    8143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Beats me. The could also surely just port over the ammo resupply containers from Firestorm? Even if they were a gadget that Support had to select (e.g. in place on the ammo crate) that'd be better than nothing.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Beats me. The could also surely just port over the ammo resupply containers from Firestorm? Even if they were a gadget that Support had to select (e.g. in place on the ammo crate) that'd be better than nothing.
    I'd be happy if it was just a simple squad commander call in.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Heck even the ammo depots are in bad spots for conquest for some maps.  So if you go out of your way for flares or whatever good chance your gonna run into trouble.  I died a few times going to a ammo depot cause no support carrying ammo crates closer to me.
  • ElliotLH
    ElliotLH said:
    I'd be happy if it was just a simple squad commander call in.
    Oh that'd work too (probably better). The containers in Firestorm just popped in to my mind as I was working on a ToW assignment earlier and saw them. 
  • mrtwotimes
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would be nice if teams could build (1) supply depot anywhere within a certain radius of any flag.
  • Noodlesocks
    2755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Heck even the ammo depots are in bad spots for conquest for some maps.  So if you go out of your way for flares or whatever good chance your gonna run into trouble.  I died a few times going to a ammo depot cause no support carrying ammo crates closer to me.
    Devastation probably has the worst supply station placements in the game. They aren't even on the objectives most of the time, just randomly dotted about the map.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Devastation probably has the worst supply station placements in the game. They aren't even on the objectives most of the time, just randomly dotted about the map.
      Devastation is one of the main culprits.  Seems like the medic depot are all over the place besides tons of RAMBO reviver's.  Very few ammo depots in a flag area.  Ammo depots seem to be peppered in the wide open streets.