Weekly BF

Suppresion needs a buff

Comments

• Man_ILoveFishing
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In bf3 suppression was very annoying imo. In bfv i feel that i can actually aim back. Cause in situation like when there is 5 men randomly shooting me knowing that i will get suppressed from other side of bridge and i'm behind the car, i basically will have no chances to aim back. Talking as bolt action user. But well it's my opinion.
  • Choongangchong
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 5
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy
    in other words you missed and he didnt so you want dice to fix that for you...
  • Amgtree
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:
    Amgtree said:
    InS_Hypno said:
    Amgtree wrote: »
    Bf3 would of been a worse game without suppresion

ie suppresion was a postivie influcine on the gunplay and ground combat.  It would have the same effect here 

Even RDR2 took up the suppression system because its a good mechanic. I don't understand this bogus "rewards bad players" crap. It's not like it's impossible to counter. Don't run into bullets, flank, launch/throw AoE attacks, wait till they reload, etc. I fully support bringing it back
    Are we gonna base our opinion on a casual third person shooter?

and yeah it does reward bad players by nullifying good aim and making gun fight more randoms
    If two players engage the one with better aim, quicker acquisition of target, more on point tracking, and better recoil control will always win.  No matter how bad "suppression" will "reward" the player missing.  
    Not true in the case of bf3 style supression
    wrong

• sabootheshaman
    1167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    I'm iffy about suppression having a direct effect on enemies, since it's no fun when your character starts panicking and clattering his weapon around on his bipod because bullets are flying over his head. Spotting from suppression is fine from a gameplay and logic standpoint.

I do think a damage flinch mechanic would be much better in a game like BFV without suppression or RBD, though. Something minor enough to have a negligible effect on close fights, but offputting enough so that snipers can't just sit there ignoring the weak damage-dropped bullets you're putting into their body or even face while they line up a headshot.

Been screaming this for a while. It rewards accuracy.

Just the distorted vision for suppression is all I think it needs.
  • SendTheInfantry
    780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 6
    Laser rifle accuracy with little to no sway and no suppression is what kills the BFV gameplay for me, its too arcade, too easy, too cheap.

• ragnarok013
    3354 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Amgtree said:
    Luctonian said:
    Suppression in BF3/4 was the best tbh. Made it noticeable, without ruining the firefight. 
    Luctonian I generally think that BF3 was the best Battlefield game of the past decade but suppression was way overpowered in BF3 and one of the few criticisms that I have of that entry. BF4's suppression was a lot more playable and fair IMO and I still regularly play both BF3 and BF4 so it's not nostalgia speaking.
    What did you think of the gunplay in bf3?  If you enjoyed it you must realize suppression was a integral part of the gunplay.  
    Amgtree I really liked the gunplay in BF3 overall. It felt good, each weapon felt and performed differently but suppression needed to be toned down to BF4 levels since it was a bit overwhelming.
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 12
    I'll say it again, if vehicles have "suppression" upon impact be it from another vehicle or even the flak cannon then some kind of suppression or flinching must come into play when someone lands their shots. 
    It's just stupid if I use some weapon that requires 4 to 5 rounds at a good distance to take someone out and a "Super Sniper" can just stand and kill me with one or two shots after I've already landed 2 or 3 from range. This is not the matrix or terminator or some other stupid Hollywood movie, bring realism into everything and not just the vehicles.
  • LeesSummit09
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is no suppression as far as I can tell. Using lmg(not bipoding), moving on objective and see enemy sniper, start shooting and he/she calmly turns and fires. No wonder everyone plays sniper.
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is no suppression as far as I can tell. Using lmg(not bipoding), moving on objective and see enemy sniper, start shooting and he/she calmly turns and fires. No wonder everyone plays sniper.

Yep, it's the easiest class to play and then every other fool is using the noob tube Boys AT Rifle.

• snakeater418
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just want a middle ground. Nothing extreme but more that what it is now. No reason a sniper should be able to turn and headshot someone without hesitation while being "suppressed."
  • mf_shro0m
    1757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As a player who’s usually on the move I almost never get suppressed in BFV or BFI. This suggests that most of the people who hate suppression don’t move love around much.
    In any case the suppression in BFI isn’t even a big deal. When I’m rolling with my Ross I win like 80% of my 1vs1 duels with MMGs even tho they can suppress me. No matter what class i’m playing as I can hit the support with a Molotov before he can fully suppress me.

• dandop_oq7r7ppf
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy

Why do you need a game breaking mechanic to get kills?
    The whole concept of suppression effect is ridiculous.
    Yeah it’s supposed to replicate the “fear” of being shot, but this is a game. Not real life.
    The old suppression effect punished good player while rewarding bad players.

I suggest you rely less on game breaking mechanics, and practice more on working on your aim.

My aim is good, i hit him and he was fast enough to get into cover heal himself get out and HS me

Well I don’t think wanting the developers to re-introduce a game breaking mechanic is the way to go.

How is it game breaking

Because if your aim is on target the suppression effect causes the shot to be inaccurate.
    So it punishes good players, and rewards bad players who simply pray and spray

What exactly, is this 'reward' for bad aim?

Lol seriously?
    Not sure if you’re being sarcastic.

The “reward” for bad aim is surviving a gun fight by missing your target, and punishing the potential better player with suppression who would of otherwise headshot you.
  • filthmcnasty
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    As a player who’s usually on the move I almost never get suppressed in BFV or BFI. This suggests that most of the people who hate suppression don’t move love around much.
    In any case the suppression in BFI isn’t even a big deal. When I’m rolling with my Ross I win like 80% of my 1vs1 duels with MMGs even tho they can suppress me. No matter what class i’m playing as I can hit the support with a Molotov before he can fully suppress me.

Thats because the suppression in BF1 was unbalanced. One nearby shot from a sniper would give max wobble but laying into someone with a LMG wouldn't. If I was using my Selby 1906 for recon and got shot at by a sniper, I'd but 2 rounds by him to throw off his aim then finish him off. With any other weapon id just run to cover and avoid them.
    BF4 did suppression right. BF3 was a bit much and BF1 was lopsided
  • filthmcnasty
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah it’s supposed to replicate the “fear” of being shot, but this is a game. Not real life.

I suggest you rely less on game breaking mechanics, and practice more on working on your aim.

My aim is good, i hit him and he was fast enough to get into cover heal himself get out and HS me

Well I don’t think wanting the developers to re-introduce a game breaking mechanic is the way to go.

How is it game breaking

Because if your aim is on target the suppression effect causes the shot to be inaccurate.

Lol seriously?

The “reward” for bad aim is surviving a gun fight by missing your target, and punishing the potential better player with suppression who would of otherwise headshot you.

If this person would have "otherwise headshot you" that implies he was lining up a headshot when the incoming fire from the "bad player" was received. So did the "bad player" see this headshotter and put down suppressing fire to survive? I would call that smart because he used the games mechanics to stay alive and fight on. Are you gunna try and remove revives next? After all, those people did die
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

How is it game breaking

Lol seriously?

If this person would have "otherwise headshot you" that implies he was lining up a headshot when the incoming fire from the "bad player" was received. So did the "bad player" see this headshotter and put down suppressing fire to survive? I would call that smart because he used the games mechanics to stay alive and fight on. Are you gunna try and remove revives next? After all, those people did die

This whole post is how that old suppression mechanic needs to return because too many bi-poders are dying to snipers.
    Sure using the current games mechanics is smart, but again the old system is too easy.

Take this example with how the current system works in BFV.
    Bad player see a target, fires, and misses.
    Perhaps the bad player gets a hit marker, but misses 80% of his shots.
    The Good player hears the shots. Reacts. Turns around, lines up a head shot while under fire, and instantly kills the bad player.

In BF1 that good player who was caught off guard can’t defend himself. His perfect aim would be rendered inaccurate due to a game mechanic.
    Yes there’s ways to counter act this, and yes, the good player could retreat, and find another angle.
    But that still doesn’t take away the fact that Suppression is low skilled, and any person can miss a shot, and be rewarded for it by surviving.

And no I’m not saying all bi-ponders are bad, and Yes I know suppression is a real world tactic, but the Mechanic of suppression is too easily abused by bad players.
    Basically it lowers the skill level.
    The game currently rewards aim, and positioning. And if Battlefield is ever serious about a competitive scene, they would be smart to leave suppression mechanic behind.

And no I don’t want revives removed....

• filthmcnasty

How is it game breaking

Lol seriously?

This whole post is how that old suppression mechanic needs to return because too many bi-poders are dying to snipers.
    Sure using the current games mechanics is smart, but again the old system is too easy.

The Good player hears the shots. Reacts. Turns around, lines up a head shot while under fire, and instantly kills the bad player.

In BF1 that good player who was caught off guard can’t defend himself. His perfect aim would be rendered inaccurate due to a game mechanic.
    Yes there’s ways to counter act this, and yes, the good player could retreat, and find another angle.
    But that still doesn’t take away the fact that Suppression is low skilled, and any person can miss a shot, and be rewarded for it by surviving.

And no I’m not saying all bi-ponders are bad, and Yes I know suppression is a real world tactic, but the Mechanic of suppression is too easily abused by bad players.
    The game currently rewards aim, and positioning. And if Battlefield is ever serious about a competitive scene, they would be smart to leave suppression mechanic behind.

How did the "good player" get caught off guard?
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf

How is it game breaking

Lol seriously?

How did the "good player" get caught off guard?

Seriously you must be trolling me haha
    I’ll explain regardless.

With 32 players per side even the best player can’t see everything...
    Poor visibility, smoke, people hiding in bushes etc. Eventually the good player will get caught off guard and with lose, or overcome the odds.

Obviously good and bad is subjective.
    My post are mainly referring to Aim, reaction time, knowing your surroundings, and positioning.

When I refer to a bad player who can’t aim. That’s basically it. They can’t aim.....
    I’m not saying all Bi-poders can’t aim, but the suppression mechanic “rewards “those people with bad aim.

• mf_shro0m
    1757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »

Thats because the suppression in BF1 was unbalanced. One nearby shot from a sniper would give max wobble but laying into someone with a LMG wouldn't. If I was using my Selby 1906 for recon and got shot at by a sniper, I'd but 2 rounds by him to throw off his aim then finish him off. With any other weapon id just run to cover and avoid them.
    BF4 did suppression right. BF3 was a bit much and BF1 was lopsided

I didn’t play enough BF4 to comment on its suppression system but what I’m saying it that suppression from supports in BFI, which is what everyone here’s focusing on, really wasn’t a big deal. Even when I have my Farquhar a support would often start shooting first but then I’d carefully land three shots on him and I’d win the duel. I probably miss about 1 in 3 SLR rounds whilst suppressed and as far as I know SLRs don’t really cause suppression, and yet I’d still win.

They could implement BFI’s system in BFV but with the suppression dealt by bolt-actions nerfed a bit and it’d work nicely
  • mf_shro0m

How is it game breaking

Lol seriously?

You’re exaggerating the effect suppression had. In BFI my favourite weapons are the Farquhar and the Ross and even when a support starts shooting first in a duel I usually win. Landing three rounds with the Farquhar when suppressed really isn’t a big deal unless they’re far away and at long range they couldn’t kill you in good time anyway. Landing a headshot on either the first or second attempt was pretty straight forward too