Weekly BF

Demote squad leader

toozy7
20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I really wish we could vote for changing squad leaders. It's just annoying to play wit guys that don't give any orders or forget about squad points and call-ins. Would be nice if the squad could vote to demote the leader for inactivity.

Comments

• snakeater418
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is
  • PackersDK
    775 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    toozy7 said:
    I really wish we could vote for changing squad leaders. It's just annoying to play wit guys that don't give any orders or forget about squad points and call-ins. Would be nice if the squad could vote to demote the leader for inactivity.
    No.

If they don’t give orders you can take over. If they do, then they’re essentially doing their job. If you don’t like their orders, leave. 

Forgetting squad points is annoying, and my personal squad record is seeing my squad leader **** away 60,000 points. But who is to say when to use them. He might even have tried at the last moment. JB2 bombs can literally win you the game on Breakthrough for example.

I would like however if Dice made it so that IF you’re kicked from the squad (and perhaps also if you leave? Not sure about that) you take your points with you. I’m tired of being kicked by idiots who thinks I’m there to service them with ammo and revives before anything else, no matter the hectic or impossible situation. 
  • toozy7
    PackersDK said:
    toozy7 said:
    No.

If they don’t give orders you can take over. If they do, then they’re essentially doing their job. If you don’t like their orders, leave. 

Forgetting squad points is annoying, and my personal squad record is seeing my squad leader **** away 60,000 points. But who is to say when to use them. He might even have tried at the last moment. JB2 bombs can literally win you the game on Breakthrough for example.

I would like however if Dice made it so that IF you’re kicked from the squad (and perhaps also if you leave? Not sure about that) you take your points with you. I’m tired of being kicked by idiots who thinks I’m there to service them with ammo and revives before anything else, no matter the hectic or impossible situation. 

What do you mean you can take over? Sometimes the game itself takes away the leadership, but I think happens after about 10 mins of inactivity, however that can be easily avoided by issuing any random order. 

Sometimes it's pretty obvious, that you have to use a call-in, when you see the team struggling or the objective teeming with enemies.

• toozy7
    What do you mean you can take over? Sometimes the game itself takes away the leadership, but I think happens after about 10 mins of inactivity, however that can be easily avoided by issuing any random order. 

Sometimes it's pretty obvious, that you have to use a call-in, when you see the team struggling or the objective teeming with enemies.
  • toozy7
    There is

Where?
  • ElliotLH
    8583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    toozy7 wrote: »
    snakeater418 said:
    There is

Where?

You request order. If no order is given in a set amount of time then you take over.
  • toozy7
    ElliotLH said:
    snakeater418 said:
    There is

Where?

You request order. If no order is given in a set amount of time then you take over.
    Well not necessarily you, plus the timer is too long.
  • ElliotLH
    8583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:

snakeater418 said:

There is

Where?

Well not necessarily you, plus the timer is too long.

It is whoever requests order last. This is a very well known game mechanic dude.
  • KMAsterisk
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you request order and one is not set (within less than a minute, I know, that's like forever in this modern age) then yes indeed, you are promoted (NEEBS).
  • jroggs
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you have an inactive squad leader with no order set, you can use the commo rose to Request Order. This will give the squad leader a reminder to set an order. If there's no order set and he doesn't set one for a minute or so, the player that Requested Order will take over as the new squad leader.

If the squad leader is issuing orders but not using any of the RP (or wasting them on dumb crap), there's nothing you can do about that. On PC I guess you can use the chat, but on console you'd have to message him directly, which is really clumsy and time-consuming on PS4.

If you just don't like the way your squad leader is doing things, but he's being just active enough with squad orders to blunt any attempt to take the squad leader position from him, you can always change squads or make your own.

Etiquette notes: Don't abuse the Request Order function by spamming it (such as whenever an order completes), as that comes off as hostile and mutinous, and if the squad leader is on top of things you'll just irritate him and possibly make him kick you out of the squad. Also, if the squad leader is clearly playing with Platoonmates or friends, maybe don't try to take the squad leader position from them because it's kinda their squad and that just isn't nice.
  • PackersDK
    775 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    toozy7 said:

Request an order, and if the Squad Leader is inactive you get the job.

Look, there’s no perfect solution for this. A squad leader can still give orders and perhaps they are pointless, like taking an impossible objective. Perhaps he calls in Reinforcement, but it’s a useless one. 

Having a voting system can also have some serious drawbacks. Like 2 friends playing who can vote a completely competent squad leader out because... well perhaps calling in a supply canister which they think is stupid. 

And why would I as squad leader save up points for perhaps a JB2 bomb, if I knew that squad mates who DON’T want a JB2 can just vote me out when they become impatient. 

No, there are to many “what if’s” and the posibility of pointless bickering in squads (votes and counter-votes, quitting squads unnecessary, using squad points fast because you might get voted out if you don’t... or perhaps if you do).

The system now is not 100% perfect, no. But a voting system really is asking for unnecessary trouble.
  • Godmodegta
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    toozy7 said:

No.

I really like idea of taking your point .
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tend to put orders down repeatedly on the same objective as I believe that you should take and hold. I hate it when my squad leader has us running around like wet hens.

But it’s frustrating how quickly you can lose your squad/squad points... sometimes you can take your eye off the ball a few minutes and lose your squad and 10-16 000 squad points go down the swanny.

I will follow squad orders... unless it’s been given by a guy who stole my squad... he gets ignored unless I deliberately let someone take over.
  • CostanzaStan
    220 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lol last week i was in a squad and the squad leader had amassed some 40k points but wouldn't give any orders. so i requested one. 5 minutes later, i'm the squad leader. so i set an order and call in a bomb on a base where all the enemy is currently sitting. minutes later i get a slew of hate messages from the former squad leader yelling about how i "stole" his position and his points and demanding that i leave. i will never understand people who refuse to give out orders. it helps you and everyone else in your squad.
  • Matty101yttam
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game needs to return to bf2 style squads, where you can name and set them up with invite only.
    Quite often when some of my mates are on and aren't feeling like playing ultra sweaty we just relax and don't bother with orders(we're on comms so orders aren't needed), then if 1 random guy joins and tries to steal squad, he gets told in no uncertain terms.
    With limited squads like in bfv if a random takes over they can kick 1 of you just to make room for his mate and others simply want to use the points that the squad have actually earned long before they got there.
  • Godmodegta
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol last week i was in a squad and the squad leader had amassed some 40k points but wouldn't give any orders. so i requested one. 5 minutes later, i'm the squad leader. so i set an order and call in a bomb on a base where all the enemy is currently sitting. minutes later i get a slew of hate messages from the former squad leader yelling about how i "stole" his position and his points and demanding that i leave. i will never understand people who refuse to give out orders. it helps you and everyone else in your squad.

I tend too give as much order as I can when Im leader, only thing annoy me a bit is when you earn ton of point enough for a V-1 Rocket and gave order, one of your squad member Spam "request order" over and over.
  • CostanzaStan
    220 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I tend too give as much order as I can when Im leader, only thing annoy me a bit is when you earn ton of point enough for a V-1 Rocket and gave order, one of your squad member Spam "request order" over and over.
    yeah i totally get being annoyed at someone spamming request order because that's a person who clearly has an agenda to be squad leader.
  • olavafar
    1994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not setting orders are already demotable, not using the req points not. Last part is tricky though as it might be that the squad leader cannot quickly get into a good position for launching a V1 or artillery strike. Such a voting could be kind of tricky to implement in a good way. Also you need it to take some time (for leader to change or members to vote) and if it is a V1 strike, well time is often not really present as we are at the end of the game. In this case I would not think it would make any significant difference. Someone would win the vote and then the game would be over.
  • zombifiedstalker
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game needs to return to bf2 style squads, where you can name and set them up with invite only.
    Quite often when some of my mates are on and aren't feeling like playing ultra sweaty we just relax and don't bother with orders(we're on comms so orders aren't needed), then if 1 random guy joins and tries to steal squad, he gets told in no uncertain terms.
    With limited squads like in bfv if a random takes over they can kick 1 of you just to make room for his mate and others simply want to use the points that the squad have actually earned long before they got there.

that's what the locks for, surely
  • SirSpectacle
    808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When I'm squad leader I don't use the requisition points just because I have enough for a V1, I prefer to keep it in reserve for when it's tactically useful.