Battlefield V Chapter 4: Defying the Odds Week #8 - Time-Honored Combat - Feedback

2»

Comments

• fragnstein
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    THECOMMANDER66 said:
    Hahahahaha. The Al Soondan release mistake. Who is running Dice?? One bad thing after another but these are amateur mistakes. If this was my credit score it would have been downgraded from AAA a longggggg time ago. You’re amateurs. Admit it. All your talented staff hit the road and you’re left with a skeleton crew of amateurs and the boss went on vacation for a year. Really, come on community manager, just tell us what the hell is going on over there without all the CYA bs. I think the community has made it very clear that all this amateur work is getting very old and patience with this franchise is wearing extremely thin. Pretty words can’t hide it anymore. What IS the deal??

i know this is getting stale by now but Braddock is at least trying to communicate with the community. most other DICE employees can't even be bothered anymore. and at the end of the day its not like anyone is really thinking Al Sundan will be available anytime soon.

I have to disagree. How many questions have been directed at him and how often does he reply. Even one of the previous post stayed the best time to get a reply is after the weekly updates. Look at his direct message inbox and tell me how often he reply to them
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Al Soondan removed. Thought it was weird, we haven't even had an announcement about the announcement for it yet.

Booo! Hiiiisssss!

Ah well.
    It's time for yet another disappointment ... seems to be a weekly thing now.

• VOLBANKER
    961 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just say it like it is: Yet another week with no improvements to the game.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1798 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You really, really have to hope that when the Pacific theater is released, they do it along the lines of a full DLC drop and that they are saving up weapons/vehicles etc to release en mass then.  Surely that can be DICEs only plan. It's the only way forward surely.  Better to attempt a proper reboot of the game with a big fanfare than this slow drip of content which usually comes in the death throws of a game?
  • BrianLocal1
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How do you repair teamate vehicles?  Who has the repair tool?
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    517 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Support. Build tool becomes a repair tool when near a vehicle.
  • BrianLocal1
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Oh thanks.  I had no clue.
  • BrianLocal1
    edited August 15
    AT mines aren't registering for dragonslayer.
    Edit:  Oh, it seems to register once you leave the game.
    Post edited by BrianLocal1 on
  • BaronVonGoon
    6730 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just want to play a good map over and over. This crap is getting old. Remember the good old days where people would play Shanghai over and over or Golmud or locker or metro?

Now you've decided that THIS crap is what's going to keep people playing. What the hell is chapter xp anyway I've been playing since release and don't have a clue.

Haven't you seen the thread where it's almost unanimous people don't care for skins and would play if there were no skins in the game:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/192467/could-we-get-rid-of-all-skins/p1

Does that not tell you that people want gameplay and maps not garbage skins and chapter XP?

Why do you not *listen* to what makes people want to keep playing rather than tell people what they *should* be playing this game for?

meh I guess it's like beating a dead horse.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Curious how Al Sundan map crashes.  Is there a bad line of code or something?  Way things are going we got Marita and 5vs5 two maps almost here.  Heck that under ground Metro map may come before Al Sundan.  RSP private games may land before Al Sundan way things are going.
  • Braddock512
    1275 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Now you've decided that THIS crap is what's going to keep people playing. What the hell is chapter xp anyway I've been playing since release and don't have a clue.

Chapter XP is what moves the Chapter Rank  bar and unlocks more items. Pretty self-explanatory. 

Does that not tell you that people want gameplay and maps not garbage skins and chapter XP?
    Why do you not *listen* to what makes people want to keep playing rather than tell people what they *should* be playing this game for?

We have 2 maps coming in the next 2 weeks. 
    And most of the nodes don't require a specific MP Mode or Map (unless noted) and there are multiple paths. Literally, it's like assignments. Not obligatory, so you don't  have to do it. But for those that want to, there's XP and skins and weapons they can earn,  and then, as they rank up their Chapter Rank, they get more stuff - emblems, skins, soldier skins, etc. 

-Braddock512-

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Chapter XP is what moves the Chapter Rank  bar and unlocks more items. Pretty self-explanatory. 

And most of the nodes don't require a specific MP Mode or Map (unless noted) and there are multiple paths. Literally, it's like assignments. Not obligatory, so you don't  have to do it. But for those that want to, there's XP and skins and weapons they can earn,  and then, as they rank up their Chapter Rank, they get more stuff - emblems, skins, soldier skins, etc. 

-Braddock512-

Yeah 2 maps are nice.  But its 5vs5.  Besides maybe the TOW that week forces us to play 1 match to even progress for all I know.  The time and effort and payroll of them 5vs5 two maps.  I think a good chunk of the community rather seen conquest maps or maps perfectly tailored to rush.  Just my opinion.
  • oudx02
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now you've decided that THIS crap is what's going to keep people playing. What the hell is chapter xp anyway I've been playing since release and don't have a clue.Chapter XP is what moves the Chapter Rank  bar and unlocks more items. Pretty self-explanatory. 

-Braddock512-

5v5 is a bad joke to the battlefield... dice should get rid of some employees there
  • Noodlesocks
    2760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just want to play a good map over and over. This crap is getting old. Remember the good old days where people would play Shanghai over and over or Golmud or locker or metro?

Haven't you seen the thread where it's almost unanimous people don't care for skins and would play if there were no skins in the game:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/192467/could-we-get-rid-of-all-skins/p1

meh I guess it's like beating a dead horse.
    Game is in dire need of more playlists and some 24/7 servers. I know the rental servers will sort this out but to have gone 9 months with nothing but standard rotations puts me off playing a lot of the time. I don't want to be playing a bunch of maps I find boring just to get to the good ones and I don't want to spend my time hopping between servers. And it's such an easy thing to implement. Two playlists, one for big maps, one for smaller maps, let people play what they want.