Battlefield V is about to get a bomb dropped on it.

Comments

• ackers75
    2316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DrunkwoIf wrote: »
    MAJWolfcookies said:
    Let's all be honest here. No modern fps will ever be as pure and clean (from a MTX perspective) as BF4. All others will be stained by corporate greed and MTX. The MW hype that we are seeking is already in our beloved classic - BF4.

The sad part is BF4 is being looked at as something great. that just goes to show how far BF has fallen.

Yeah apparently it was the golden child but the trouble is on release it was barely functional and took them 10 month to fix it!
  • Shadders_X
    479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Then there are these people saying “Well competition is good.”

No it’s not. Not with EA. Cause if cod can outdo battlefield in what it’s best for, EA is not going to innovate and make a new engine and wait. Instead, EA will scrape DICE all together, because they deemed battlefield as no longer profitable. Then save money by laying off developers, and employees.

And don’t say they can’t, because dead space use to be one of EA’s top cash cows. Until it messed up once, and EA deemed it no longer profitable.

They have other franchises that make just as much money. Like FIFA. They are definitely not hard up for money.

Hi,
    Is it possible for EA to outsource development to other entities ?. Outsourcing, or offshoring worked for many aspects of businesses in the western world, so why not for games development ?. 

Is it possible ?. Is the link between the programming and graphics creation so inter linked, that offshoring coding is just not possible ?. 

Many companies pursue profit aggressively - so, is this the next step for the larger software houses ?

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • Bolly_GB
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Visually the new CoD looked the same as CoD WWII (which I pre-ordered as soon as it was announced). It was ok to play for a while but looked like a game from 6 years earlier with the graphics and player movement compared to BF1. I'll buy it when it is cheap and play the single player campaign and then shelve it. For me, it won't compete with the PTO in BFV.
  • zenn_nme
    797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 13
    @JUJAMAKILL I totally agree with you here, mate. The industry isn't about longevity anymore, it's about fast gratification which earns them easy money in the progress.
    And BFV to me looks like it's indeed in life-savings mode, they didn't kill-off major servers for nothing. And not to wonder why it's taking so long for them to fix 'legacy' bugs & issues. Or even making a map playable... They're cutting assets to save costs, as the revenue isn't coming in.
    And it's a shame, I genuine want them to do well...  But each time they dangle a carrot in front of us, only to swoop it away. :/
  • Shadders_X
    edited August 13
    Hi,
    I looked at the BFV roadmap - there does seem to be new maps arriving :

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-v-updated-roadmap-2019

Seems to be 6 new maps for this year, from August onwards. 

Maybe the server reduction is due to insufficient people playing ??

Maybe they are cutting costs where those costs are unnecessary, but will support the game for bug fixes, albeit very slowly ?

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • MAJWolfcookies
    564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DrunkwoIf wrote: »
    MAJWolfcookies said:
    Let's all be honest here. No modern fps will ever be as pure and clean (from a MTX perspective) as BF4. All others will be stained by corporate greed and MTX. The MW hype that we are seeking is already in our beloved classic - BF4.

The sad part is BF4 is being looked at as something great. that just goes to show how far BF has fallen.

If anyone is home at DICE they would make BF4 and all its DLC free, permanently. That should stem the bleeding for a while.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Hi,

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-v-updated-roadmap-2019

Maybe they are cutting costs where those costs are unnecessary, but will support the game for bug fixes, albeit very slowly ?

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 

2 of those maps are for the 5vs5 mode that will die in a week.
  • Shadders_X
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 

Hi,
    Thanks. It is difficult to determine from the page they provided the information on. I watched the MW video as per another thread - it does look good. 

If DICE/EA provided stats for BFV, then we could at least compare to BF4 and BF1 - to see where the players are migrating to. Maybe they will use the funds from BFV to create more BF4 servers, if people migrate back to that game....

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 

I'm sure RSP and that metro map will be rocking 24/7 just like the old days of BF3,BF4.  Also BF5 has way more active servers then BF4/BF1.  Not sure when they said 3 new maps before 2020 also includes metro or not.  Also they said Iwo Jima map as well.  Besides were still waiting on old map of Al Dundan.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This is where the announcer would say "Would the real Battlefield game, please standup!"  I don't think BFV is it nor the new CoD, so I am still waiting and  wondering when the real Battlefield will make its appearance
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As far as I am concerned cod will never take BFs place.
    People are fooling themselves if they think the new cod will be anything then a mtx infested slotmachine.

Already forgot how bad the servers were last time? 25hz goodness?

Don't fall for the hype (again) ppl.

In the the end we get to choose between two abusive girlfriends.
    One's just about to get a her hair done soon.

Yes bfv has problems but when I get fed up I'll just play bf4 again.

You should read the dev blogs on how they went back and stripped everything from the game and reworked it from the ground up. I have faith that Modern Warfare will be everyrhing we wanted from BFV and a bit more.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 16
    Bolly_GB wrote: »
    Visually the new CoD looked the same as CoD WWII (which I pre-ordered as soon as it was announced). It was ok to play for a while but looked like a game from 6 years earlier with the graphics and player movement compared to BF1. I'll buy it when it is cheap and play the single player campaign and then shelve it. For me, it won't compete with the PTO in BFV.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. If you read a bit about the game you'll see that they're using a brand new engine and they reworked the gameplay and gunplay from the ground up.
    The graphics look way better than BFV.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    As far as I am concerned cod will never take BFs place.
    People are fooling themselves if they think the new cod will be anything then a mtx infested slotmachine.

Already forgot how bad the servers were last time? 25hz goodness?

Don't fall for the hype (again) ppl.

In the the end we get to choose between two abusive girlfriends.
    One's just about to get a her hair done soon.

Yes bfv has problems but when I get fed up I'll just play bf4 again.

You should read the dev blogs on how they went back and stripped everything from the game and reworked it from the ground up. I have faith that Modern Warfare will be everyrhing we wanted from BFV and a bit more.

Maybe you're right I haven't read up a lot about the new cod but c'mon we're still talking about Activision here.

I'll check out the public beta...
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    I don't care who makes the game, as long as there is a great Battlefield-type game for me to play.
    What? So, DICE doesn't matter?