This the most anger I’ve seen with the battlefield V community.

124»

Comments

• Elephante33
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,
    I still don't get the issues of BFV and women, and all the other stuff. 

Hi,

You dont understand the issues? Well, in the real life when you are going to write more serious work like bachelor - take setting A and lets start writing about B. Good luck.

DICE/EA predicted 8.3million sales for 2018, yet achieved 7.3million. As of today, my interpretation is that the complaints are due to the mechanics, bugs, netcode etc. The politics of it are 1 year ago. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 

I hope you managed to read my explanation as well because I understand that it got swamped by comment afterwards, and I hope it help shed some light (i believe its now the 2nd comment below your original post)

And you are right, that sales are def down in part due to the poor mechanics and some thing they added that people dont like, like the capture thing were it shows if an enemy is on the point or not.

But unfortunatly, the politics thrown in simply compounded peoples annoyances. There are countless games out there with poorly implemented or clunky mechanics, but are still loved by their players and played extensively. Look at No Man's Sky for example, because I cant think of a more Earth shattering one, it had a terrible launch, still has pretty janky controls and a less than wonderfull UI, yet people have turned around to loving the game. 

Now imagine if they had embroiled themselves in politics? It would have been a tipping point. There is a point in every human being were annoyance gets so high that rational just flies out the window, so the Dev's should really have looked at the game, realised they are about to send out a less than optimised game and went 'hmm, yes, i think this is going to be rough already, best not try to cause further drama' . But they did not, and hey, I understand, opinions are opinions and some people really want them said out loud, but in this situation they really should have thought more about their brand image, because from now on it will always be refereed to negatively until they make something truly majestic next time. 
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    ...Having them cuts down on foolish Rambo revives that screw the guy getting needled and forces players to win fights or do something tactical before picking up teammates....
    Reviving is yet another thing BF1 did great made worse in BF5 (especially since they omitted the corpse dragging that was supposed to mitigate the long revive animation).
    You are absolute right about BFV, but I do like the idea of the medic having to commit to the revive, if only to prevent medic train abuse. However, I think BF4 did this the right way, by forcing you to charge the paddles and moving slowly if you wanted to restore full health. Instantaneous shock only gave 20 HP, which is a fair trade-off for a rambo revive.
  • VincentNZ
    2674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    ...Having them cuts down on foolish Rambo revives that screw the guy getting needled and forces players to win fights or do something tactical before picking up teammates....
    Reviving is yet another thing BF1 did great made worse in BF5 (especially since they omitted the corpse dragging that was supposed to mitigate the long revive animation).
    You are absolute right about BFV, but I do like the idea of the medic having to commit to the revive, if only to prevent medic train abuse. However, I think BF4 did this the right way, by forcing you to charge the paddles and moving slowly if you wanted to restore full health. Instantaneous shock only gave 20 HP, which is a fair trade-off for a rambo revive.

I think revive is fine, and I revive a lot. Smoke helps greatly, and when I know I am in a bad spot I will still go for the revive, since it increases my chances of survival. The animation is a mild nuisance, but I definitely get revived far more often than in BF1 and probably BF4, which is also partly due to the party revive.
  • Jargon113
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Want to tell me why all of my comments in this thread have been removed? Do they not fit your agenda mods?

I love how they just remove what they want for no reason or discourse. 

I don't agree, delete!

Reminds me of communism.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    787 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jargon113 wrote: »
    Want to tell me why all of my comments in this thread have been removed? Do they not fit your agenda mods?

I don't agree, delete!

Reminds me of communism.

Several of mine were removed that didn’t contain any political content or banned words, but they were critical of EA’s live service model.

They straight up will remove criticism that hits too close to the mark.
  • Hawxxeye
    5342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 17
    I do not mind the ladies in gameplay as much as I mind the ladies in the main menu. It feels wrong to me to have the ladies forced on the main menu or first loading screen prominently as if they are the thing the devs are most proud of on  these 2 ww games.
    These were done to boost the metacritic scores  from reviews by critics who are not real gamers
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/battlefield-v
    Have a look and figure out how many of the critics actually give a review that represents the release state of bfv or instead care about the presence of more superficial elements.
    No gamer worth his salt would rate BFV above 70 no matter how they loved the series or the WW2 even if just for the bugs.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • lunajpsn
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I don't agree, delete!

Reminds me of communism.

Several of mine were removed that didn’t contain any political content or banned words, but they were critical of EA’s live service model.

They don’t want stuff like that gaining traction in the forums. That’s probably the real reason why those posts get removed.

Gotta keep the rebels at bay, if you know what I mean.
  • Jargon113
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I found the truth. It took some digging in the crypts of ragnaroks many many locked threads, but here it is.

The truth
  • Braddock512
    1273 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Just a note, @Jargon113 and @LinkZeppeloyd ; - Discussion of Moderation is against the forum rules.
    Before you post again, I'd recommend you refresh yourself with the rules of this forum. 
    If you're not contributing to the conversation, spamming off-topic stuff in a thread that literally doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand, harassing or abusing others/staff/mods - well, you're in violation. To avoid that, just follow the forum rules.
    They're pretty easy - and while you may have valid complaints about the game, that's no excuse to break the forum rules.

Have a good one. 
    -Braddock512-
  • Jargon113
    So we can't discuss why comments were deleted without warning by abusive moderators?

Normally when comments are deleted or removed they get a warning, because they broke the "RULES"

My posts were about the game, and so were LinkZeppeloyds posts. -prove us otherwise instead of deleting/banning/hiding/locking threads.

What about when they are deleted without such warning because they didn't fit the moderators agendas?

Want to tell us why they were deleted then, or what content in them was against the rules?

Because obviously they were not against the rules, or we would of had warnings for them.

• filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lunajpsn wrote: »

I don't agree, delete!

Reminds me of communism.

They don’t want stuff like that gaining traction in the forums. That’s probably the real reason why those posts get removed.

Gotta keep the rebels at bay, if you know what I mean.

That's not it. I know what post got him banned. He slandered everyone on one end of the political spectrum and then added some choice words
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12829 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Jargon113 said:
    So we can't discuss why comments were deleted without warning by abusive moderators?

Normally when comments are deleted or removed they get a warning, because they broke the "RULES"

My posts were about the game, and so were LinkZeppeloyds posts. -prove us otherwise instead of deleting/banning/hiding/locking threads.

What about when they are deleted without such warning because they didn't fit the moderators agendas?

Want to tell us why they were deleted then, or what content in them was against the rules?

Because obviously they were not against the rules, or we would of had warnings for them.

We do not delete anything,  if a post violates the rules it is either edited out ( which is recorded in the change log ) or it is moved to a section only EA can see.

As far as I can see, none of your posts were removed at all.

You have been asked not to discuss moderation by Braddock,  So please stop as the next time will result in a temporary suspension. 

Thank you.
  • Cerben1
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    after reading some treads here im so happy that im not a game designer or community manager or moderator. ty for your work and i hope you get well rewarded for the services you provide for us. constructive critics are good whiine is just bad. if your only intention to bash on moderation and game community manager dont post at all its like going for the sheriff and the us marshals at the same time not an good ide they will win =D  be polite and they might read what we are typing and take it in. if we angry them we will get the horns and we get no where at all.

Forum field is more hectic then some of my military servis and i spent some in Bosnia and Afganistan not that ppl die her but the anger and conflict seeking is really some thing els.. 
  • Hawxxeye
    5342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cerben1 said:
    after reading some treads here im so happy that im not a game designer or community manager or moderator. ty for your work and i hope you get well rewarded for the services you provide for us. constructive critics are good whiine is just bad. if your only intention to bash on moderation and game community manager dont post at all its like going for the sheriff and the us marshals at the same time not an good ide they will win =D  be polite and they might read what we are typing and take it in. if we angry them we will get the horns and we get no where at all.

Forum field is more hectic then some of my military servis and i spent some in Bosnia and Afganistan not that ppl die her but the anger and conflict seeking is really some thing els.. 
    I think that most of the regulars here are quite thankful of what the yellows and especially the volunteer blues do. Especially those who have been on other public forums before.
  • Jargon113
    Jargon113 said:

We do not delete anything,  if a post violates the rules it is either edited out ( which is recorded in the change log ) or it is moved to a section only EA can see.

As far as I can see, none of your posts were removed at all.

You have been asked not to discuss moderation by Braddock,  So please stop as the next time will result in a temporary suspension. 

Thank you.
    I had at least 3 removed from this single thread, and another person says the same thing.

But nothing was removed at all..

STOP DISCUSSING IT OR I BAN YOU.

Do you not see how crazy this is?

Don't worry I won't be back after this. I will not stick around a forum where the moderators delete posts, and deny it ever happened.
  • Jargon113
    Sir, YOU may not think it's right. Some may agree. Some may disagree.

But,

The sentence that I quoted from you was still just a little out of line.

Also, obviously I had a point because that thread was quickly locked.
    Just so you don't think I am too crazy-

This particular post from @firechickenfan had a quote in it from a post I had before his, and even the quote in his post is gone. It looks like he is talking to nobody now.

Where did the quote go, or the post that I had there. 

IT WAS DELETED!