Its better to limit snipers on each map

Comments

• ninjapenquinuk
    1970 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you removed the sniper class you'd have nearly the same amount of players playing exactly the same except with a semi auto instead of ba. It's player mentality that is the issue
  • Hawxxeye
    6378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Snipers are not the problem. K/D obsessed blueberries are. Outside of sniper rifles they have semi autos and tanks at their disposal as well.
  • disposalist
    8684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 17
    These threads make me laugh. They all translate to I got killed by (add whatever you want here) and I'm super salty about it.

Let others play the game they paid for however they want to and if you don't like it join a different server.
    Nope.  What he said was, too many of *his own* team pick a sniper rifle and his team then can't PTFO and the game goes to poop.  Nothing about snipers being effective, because they aren't.  They are just frustrating as a negative to your team and the cause of occasional random largely unavoidable deaths.

These responses make me laugh.  They all translate to "I like to snipe! My right to be selfish is god-given! Anyone who actually wants to be a team player and play the game objectives is oppressing me and criticising my life choices!  Why would you want to have a fun game at the expense of my personal freedumbs!"

Also, it's "sniper" that's the problem, not "recon".  Give recon some actual infiltration tools and something other than camping equipment and we'd all love the class.

Too many snipers has always been an issue in BF but with BF5 it's amplified because hiding and camping is made even easier and profitable than previous BFs.

As has been said here and I've said for years: Sniper kit should be an elite BF1-style or a pickup kit or at the very least a limited spawn.  Make it *more* powerful if you like, but limit it's numbers.  It's a multi-player, team-based, squad-based, objectives-based, cooperative game and snipers do not fit well as anything but a rare exceptional bit of fun.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    barnesalmighty2 said:
    These threads make me laugh. They all translate to I got killed by (add whatever you want here) and I'm super salty about it.

Let others play the game they paid for however they want to and if you don't like it join a different server.

Nope.  What he said was, too many of *his own* team pick a sniper rifle and his team then can't PTFO and the game goes to poop.  Nothing about snipers being effective, because they aren't.  They are just frustrating as a negative to your team and the cause of occasional random largely unavoidable deaths.

These responses make me laugh.  They all translate to "I like to snipe! My right to be selfish is god-given! Anyone who actually wants to be a team player and play the game objectives is oppressing me and criticising my life choices!  Why would you want to have a fun game at the expense of my personal freedumbs!"

Also, it's "sniper" that's the problem, not "recon".  Give recon some actual infiltration tools and something other than camping equipment and we'd all love the class.

Too many snipers has always been an issue in BF but with BF5 it's amplified because hiding and camping is made even easier and profitable than previous BFs.

As has been said here and I've said for years: Sniper kit should be an elite BF1-style or a pickup kit or at the very least a limited spawn.  Make it *more* powerful if you like, but limit it's numbers.  It's a multi-player, team-based, squad-based, objectives-based, cooperative game and snipers do not fit well as anything but a rare exceptional bit of fun.

Again class bias at its finest.
  • disposalist
    8684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 17
    barnesalmighty2 said:

Again not reading. Sniper is not a class and never has been. It's a rifle.

Love Scout in BF1. Rarely snipe.
    Love Recon in BF4. Rarely snipe.
    Recon in BF5 doesn't seem to have much else to do, but then I don't like BF5 anyway.
  • PeaceWeaver
    108 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What’s sad about the recon class is that it’s a game changer when used properly, and most of the guys and gals I see using it have no idea of its potential. I still consider myself a noob who needs to L2P, but even I know that selecting the carbine or one of the self loading rifles, using spotting flares or the spotting scope liberally on objectives, and dropping spawn beacons close to contested objectives is WAY more effective than killing people 200m away on a rock. My recon frequently has one of the highest scores on the team despite having a low number of kills, and is my go to class when I’m squad lead as spotting flares help out tremendously with reinforcement call-ins. No one ever wants to waste a V1, and spotting ensures that you don’t.

I think that if recons had better CQC weapons you might see more of them playing the objective and making the most of the class’s potential.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    barnesalmighty2 said:

disposalist wrote: »
    barnesalmighty2 said:

Again not reading. Sniper is not a class and never has been. It's a rifle.

Love Scout in BF1. Rarely snipe.
    Recon in BF5 doesn't seem to have much else to do, but then I don't like BF5 anyway.

You have seen the combat role called sniper yeah?

Complain about snipers all you want to but its all for nothing in the end dice have made some dumb decisions in recent years but thankfully listening to this type of nonsense isn't one of them.

People cry snipers are useless but in reality they can be pretty useful locking down flanks and acting as area denial. 1 sniper can lock down an entire flank route, sure there are bad snipers that are useless but they are far fewer in BFV than all the other noobs throwing away tickets constantly.
  • disposalist
    Like it or not,  Those "camping" players can also be extremely helpful such as : 
    • Being a mobile spawn point between flags
    • They will irritate players pushing a flag and also take their attention away momentarily from defenders.

Forcing people to play in any particular way is not what battlefield is all about.
    I could dispute that being a spawn point not-near flags isn't as useful as being a spawn point near a flag (and anyway, you don't have to be a 'sniper' to have a spawn beacon).
    Also, 'irritating' players isn't a great thing, but more to the point, the problem is not having a couple of snipers. The problem is when you have more than a couple or even half a team.  The game stops for your team.

I'm not saying "no snipers".  I'm saying limited snipers, but make them more powerful, even.
  • Hawxxeye
    6378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

BF4 had the perfect recon. A choice of carbine, spotting tools , beacons and even C4.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Last night me and my friend where playing conquest, I was assault and he was a scout. There was two ransoms in the squad with us a support player and a medic. Me, my friend and the support random where PRFO. My friend was using the flare gun and spawn beacon helping to capture the objectives. Meanwhile, the medic spent two matches in the deployment area firing random shots with the PAK gun accomplishing nothing.

ITS NOT THE CLASS, ITS THE PLAYER!
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Frankly in this game, in CQ, there are so much less snipers than in Bf1, that was freaking tragic, lets go from BF4 that already had a serious sniper infestation and then freaking buff them for Bf1.

Now we just got the buffed through the rof  lmg/mmg bipod heroes.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ITT: Salty players that get killed by Recons complaining.

Without exaggeration, 75% of all players run Assault on any map and gamemode in BFV. A percentage of the remaining players running Recon isn't actually costing anyone a game. This has been true, in my experience, for my 13 years playing Battlefield. You really only get 2-3 long distance camping Recons on a team on average. I mean, what game are you guys playing where it seems like 90% of players run Recon and snipe from the safe zones?
  • oudx02
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ITT: Salty players that get killed by Recons complaining.

Without exaggeration, 75% of all players run Assault on any map and gamemode in BFV. A percentage of the remaining players running Recon isn't actually costing anyone a game. This has been true, in my experience, for my 13 years playing Battlefield. You really only get 2-3 long distance camping Recons on a team on average. I mean, what game are you guys playing where it seems like 90% of players run Recon and snipe from the safe zones?

Not true
  • filthmcnasty
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    oudx02 wrote: »
    People just not play the objectives..they prefer not to ruind their k/D...

Fake news.

1) why don't you tell everyone you preferred class.
    2) Recon has been setup to be off the flag.
    3) Assignment are setup to make them stand off flag.
    4) Recon are not the only class that camps off the flags.

1) Irrelevant
    2) False. You can easily make aggressive loadouts. Equip your recon with a SLR/flare gun/AP mine or Spawn beacon
    3) Depends on the assignment
    4) True. But If there is one class that is notorious for sitting on their butts and not helping, it's Recons with a sniper loadout. Most of these turds don't even bother setting down a spawn beacon or use their spotting scope. They are litteraly dead weight
  • filthmcnasty
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like it or not,  Those "camping" players can also be extremely helpful such as : 
    Being a mobile spawn point between flagsThey will irritate players pushing a flag and also take their attention away momentarily from defenders.
    Forcing people to play in any particular way is not what battlefield is all about.

I disagree with you first point and agree with the 2nd.
    They can be a good spawn in some game modes, like conquest. But they can badly hurt your team on others, like Breakthrough or Operations. The spots these people pick to camp on these maps is usually in some desolate part of the map with no man's land between them and the objective, trying to cross it are easy kills for the enemy. Especially for newer players that don't use the overview screen or don't even know about it. They die and the game shows a bush wookie and they spawn and run, getting them and the camper killed since they seen him get up and run from that location.
    I understand that people want to play their way, but when it costs matches frequently (Monty Grappa Operations was notorious for this) it doesn't help the games appeal. In the past, I've read that snipers OSKs, and the huge amount of them, was what kept people from playing Hardcore.
  • lunajpsn
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Snipers aren’t the problem.

1) Map design - too much open space. Not enough cover between objectives. The map boundaries are so large that snipers can camp super far off from any objectives. Narvik is exceptionally bad for this.

2) When you are getting sniped at you can’t tell where you are getting shot from. Tracers are non-existent, muzzle flash is non-existent, and scope glint is barely visible. In other BF titles, when snipers would shoot at you and miss, you had a general idea of the direction they were shooting from because there was so much more awareness programmed into the game. In this game, bad awareness coupled with bad visibility just encourages camping snipers.
  • DingoKillr
    3744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    oudx02 wrote: »
    People just not play the objectives..they prefer not to ruind their k/D...

Fake news.

1) why don't you tell everyone you preferred class.
    2) Recon has been setup to be off the flag.
    3) Assignment are setup to make them stand off flag.
    4) Recon are not the only class that camps off the flags.

1) Irrelevant
    2) False. You can easily make aggressive loadouts. Equip your recon with a SLR/flare gun/AP mine or Spawn beacon
    3) Depends on the assignment
    4) True. But If there is one class that is notorious for sitting on their butts and not helping, it's Recons with a sniper loadout. Most of these turds don't even bother setting down a spawn beacon or use their spotting scope. They are litteraly dead weight
    1) it is not irrelevant many complaints about recon are by those that never use.  Besides playing off the flag for Recon is playing the objective. 

2) No matter how aggressive the Recon their class setup is not to lead the attacks on a flag. AP mine you are joking after the nerf to apprease the headless chicken flag runners.

4) More bias trash. Sniper are dead weight, interesting yet you say they need to be aggressive while many in this community keeps arguing against it, then we have those that want to keep nerfing snipers long range ability while not providing alterantives.   

How do know Recon even put a Spawn Beacon down? Deploy screen only. Spotting scopes, a device that only squad spots.  When EA game changes like Westie makes comments that increasing the Flare Gun radius would be bad for the game it not surprising that class is dead weight. 
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The spawn beacon should show up on the squad spawn screen not hidden away on the map overlay screen.