Its better to limit snipers on each map

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13489 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Like it or not,  Those "camping" players can also be extremely helpful such as : 
    • Being a mobile spawn point between flags
    • They will irritate players pushing a flag and also take their attention away momentarily from defenders.

Forcing people to play in any particular way is not what battlefield is all about.
    I could dispute that being a spawn point not-near flags isn't as useful as being a spawn point near a flag (and anyway, you don't have to be a 'sniper' to have a spawn beacon).
    Also, 'irritating' players isn't a great thing, but more to the point, the problem is not having a couple of snipers. The problem is when you have more than a couple or even half a team.  The game stops for your team.

I'm not saying "no snipers".  I'm saying limited snipers, but make them more powerful, even.
    As others have said,  limiting them would just make players migrate to other classes where you can switch to single fire mode and attach a scope.

You would just be pushing the problem to another class.

It's not the sniper class that's the problem,  it's the player mentality.

Every game in the series has sniper rifles with a long range scope and players of past games knows and understands that you just cannot compete in short to medium distances versus carbines and assault rifles.

I'd even wager that if scout had a rifle like some of the medic weapons we would still see the majority of scouts on the edges of maps picking players off and ( mostly ) missing their targets.

That said,  A scout that uses flares,  spots,  helps build fortifications,  puts beacons close enough to a flag to get there quickly but also far enough away for enemy players to not hear it ( and also in low traffic areas ) can do wonders in this game.

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I bet most would love to have me as recon in their squad.  I always have a well hidden spawn beacon hid behind enemy lines.  Besides i'm always in the front lines capping flags before the blue berries get there.

Yeah I eventually died.  But did have a spawn beacon hid on the bridge behind me for others.  I joined that game late and were losing badly but I made the most of it.  Even if recon was removed. Then your gonna have more assault or support.  Medic seems to be a forgotten class as well.

• ackers75
    2480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not enough snipers in the game I think we need more😜😜
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    I'd take a recon that hides a beacon near enemy flags and pops flares and does their part over some other classes or fly boys or worthless tankers.  Not all, but I seen some lousy fly boys and tankers many of times.
  • Hawxxeye
    6383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 18
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    I bet most would love to have me as recon in their squad.  I always have a well hidden spawn beacon hid behind enemy lines.  Besides i'm always in the front lines capping flags before the blue berries get there.

Yeah I eventually died.  But did have a spawn beacon hid on the bridge behind me for others.  I joined that game late and were losing badly but I made the most of it.  Even if recon was removed. Then your gonna have more assault or support.  Medic seems to be a forgotten class as well.

It is such a shame that we play on different platforms we would make a good recon commando squad together.
    I am also the type of recon who uses the pistol carbine, flares and beacon. I do not use the throwing knives though cause I find them too unreliable and overnerfed.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    Hawxxeye said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

It is such a shame that we play on different platforms we would make a good recon commando squad together.
    I am also the type of recon who uses the pistol carbine, flares and beacon. I do not use the throwing knives though cause I find them too unreliable and overnerfed.
    I make due what the game gives me.

Cracking a few beers and gaming is always a blast.  Heck old days I very seldom played recon.

Me shaking the rust off playing Bad Company 2 last week.

• ackers75
    2480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 18
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    ackers75 said:

I'd take a recon that hides a beacon near enemy flags and pops flares and does their part over some other classes or fly boys or worthless tankers.  Not all, but I seen some lousy fly boys and tankers many of times.

Hardly any sniper does that.
    The game is far too kd centric that’s why we see more snipers than ever.
    Your lucky if half the snipers in this game realise they have a spotting scope!
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    ackers75 said:
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    ackers75 said:

Hardly any sniper does that.
    The game is far too kd centric that’s why we see more snipers than ever.
    Your lucky if half the snipers in this game realise they have a spotting scope!
    I actually prefer the flare gun over spotting scope.  Yeah spotting scope is infinite.  But flares spots enemies behind objects and what not.  Just need to be near a ammo depot or a reliable support guy carrying ammo crate near by.
  • ackers75
    The spotting issues in this game would hardly exist if snipers actually did there job!
  • filthmcnasty
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    filthmcnasty said:

DingoKillr wrote: »

oudx02 wrote: »
    People just not play the objectives..they prefer not to ruind their k/D...

Fake news.

1) why don't you tell everyone you preferred class.

2) Recon has been setup to be off the flag.

3) Assignment are setup to make them stand off flag.

4) Recon are not the only class that camps off the flags.

1) Irrelevant

2) False. You can easily make aggressive loadouts. Equip your recon with a SLR/flare gun/AP mine or Spawn beacon

3) Depends on the assignment

4) True. But If there is one class that is notorious for sitting on their butts and not helping, it's Recons with a sniper loadout. Most of these turds don't even bother setting down a spawn beacon or use their spotting scope. They are litteraly dead weight1) it is not irrelevant many complaints about recon are by those that never use.  Besides playing off the flag for Recon is playing the objective. 

2) No matter how aggressive the Recon their class setup is not to lead the attacks on a flag. AP mine you are joking after the nerf to apprease the headless chicken flag runners.

4) More bias trash. Sniper are dead weight, interesting yet you say they need to be aggressive while many in this community keeps arguing against it, then we have those that want to keep nerfing snipers long range ability while not providing alterantives.   

How do know Recon even put a Spawn Beacon down? Deploy screen only. Spotting scopes, a device that only squad spots.  When EA game changes like Westie makes comments that increasing the Flare Gun radius would be bad for the game it not surprising that class is dead weight. 

If someone doesn't go the the deploy screen before spawning, just to get a glimpse of where everyone is at do they can weigh their options, I'm not putting too much weight in them being a good player. The deploy screen should be de facto after death, it was before and it worked better that way.
    On 1-4 we will have to agree to disagree
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There aren't too many snipers in BFV. BF1 was where snipers were actually a problem because it was easier than ever before with slower movement and the sweet spot mechanic. This sniping, "problem" is on the same level with any other BF game I played except BF1, and even then sniping was only REALLY out of control only during the early months of its release with the Martini Henry.
  • mf_shro0m
    1876 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Snipers aren't the problem. Two reasons why:

It's probably the least use class on avg, going on previous game metrics and it's also the hardest class to use and do really well in

A guy going 5-5 killing a strangler is not like another dude going 56-6 . The sniper impact is minimal.

The real issue is player movement.  If you want players to move and not to camp, roll back attrition, add more recoil to SARs and increase bipod ttk

If we did all those things to try and get people to not camp, it still won't happen. BF5 is the first game with attrition and camping recon have been a problem since I started playing, which was 2008. Increasing recoil won't get them to move, and why would it? Increasing ttk on long range weapons might, might not. I'd like to see that tested on a public server. Other than limiting snipers, reducing the hitbox for a headshot might help. But I think the sad fact is that a lot of people just don't know the game, lack game skill, or think snipers are kewl

BFV has made it abundantly clear that nerfing sniping doesn’t reduce the number of snipers seeing as the BFI->BFV nerf to snipers hasn’t helped, and so reducing the headshot hit box isn’t gonna help either
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    Hawxxeye said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

I was making the rounds last night.  I did miss a few throwing knive kills though.

• HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Last game of the night I was ranking up the scout class and I managed to get the most flag captured with 12 objectives taken.
  • disposalist
    8684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    robmcewen said:
    Last game of the night I was ranking up the scout class and I managed to get the most flag captured with 12 objectives taken.
    Scout class?  Using a sniper/marksman rifle?  Or ironsight/carbine?

If using a sniper rifle, then we need to restrict the class even further!  Only robmcewen may spawn with a sniper rifle! ;^)
  • SC_Recruta
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 26
    more AA damage
    Post edited by SC_Recruta on
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen said:

If using a sniper rifle, then we need to restrict the class even further!  Only robmcewen may spawn with a sniper rifle! ;^)

I’m no Ravic😅, I was just running with the team popping flares and placing the spawn beacon close by the objectives.

The gun I using was the model 8 with the funny looking metal disc sight, sorry can’t remember for the life of me what the sight is called. It’s the sight where you can still load with a stripper clip rather than one bullet at a time.
  • ElliotLH
    8688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen said:
    robmcewen said:

I’m no Ravic😅, I was just running with the team popping flares and placing the spawn beacon close by the objectives.

The gun I using was the model 8 with the funny looking metal disc sight, sorry can’t remember for the life of me what the sight is called. It’s the sight where you can still load with a stripper clip rather than one bullet at a time.
    Kind of want to say aperture sight. 
  • HANSGRUBER30
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    robmcewen said:

disposalist wrote: »
    robmcewen said:

Kind of want to say aperture sight. 

That’s it! It was the aperture sight.