Weekly BF

M30 drilling needs an 8X scope

lawdeecookie
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
For so long have i played Bf5 and used the M30 Drilling as a shotgun with an added "punch" but i feel that the rifle round is under used simply because the range potential is limited by the scope. The furthest scope you can get is 2x which personally i feel is the only viable option to use when trying to get longer distance kills. I feel a 8x scope would add a lot more variation to the weapon and allow it to be more viable in different situations. The bullet speed could also do with a bit of a buff since i feel that the speed is too slow and unpredictable. I hope to see more M30 drillings out there

Comments

• Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A proper 3x would be nice, IMO, but weirdly I have a very high percentage of headshots with the M30 Drilling. I haven't used it very much, but still out of like 50 kills 40 of them are headshots with the rifle round. I just aim at a tiny speck in the distance and *PING* headshot. Does this weapon have some kind of headshot aim assist or something?
  • CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I also would like to request a fore grip for my mg42.
    And a suppressor for my tank.
    It's been done....https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/M60_tank_w_silencer_1969.png

• bunningsSnagz
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For so long have i played Bf5 and used the M30 Drilling as a shotgun with an added "punch" but i feel that the rifle round is under used simply because the range potential is limited by the scope. The furthest scope you can get is 2x which personally i feel is the only viable option to use when trying to get longer distance kills. I feel a 8x scope would add a lot more variation to the weapon and allow it to be more viable in different situations. The bullet speed could also do with a bit of a buff since i feel that the speed is too slow and unpredictable. I hope to see more M30 drillings out there
    A sniper shot gun for support? Somthing that would be super OP in CQ and at long rage? Sure why the hell not. It would line up with every other balance choice DICE have made.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A 3x would not be out of line. It is a survival gun 🔫
  • cee310
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A sniper shot gun for support? Somthing that would be super OP in CQ and at long rage? Sure why the hell not. It would line up with every other balance choice DICE have made.

Sniping with a shotgun is already a thing in BF lol.

• bunningsSnagz
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    cee310 said:

Sniping with a shotgun is already a thing in BF lol.

Yes... I know... so why would you wont to add an 8x or 6x scope to the drilling and make it even more OP at range. The spam of that gun would be legendary. 
  • superteds
    1185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    since we're asking for silly things, can i please get a bipod for my revolver? 

...the last thing this game needs is more scopes.
  • bunningsSnagz
    superteds said:
    since we're asking for silly things, can i please get a bipod for my revolver? 

...the last thing this game needs is more scopes.
    And bipods...
  • SirBobdk
    4116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No more noob zoom sights. If anything they should remove 3 x zoom and improve 1 x zoom.
  • sabootheshaman
    1154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just what support needs really. Cos they don’t have enough flexibility as is.
  • lawdeecookie
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can understand why most people would believe the M30 drilling shouldn't deserve an advanced scope that would give it ranges at which snipers should have, but the uniqueness of the M30 drilling is limited by the fact that the furthest distance it can see is a maximum of 2x, Clearly the gun already is being used as a sniping tool but honestly i think its not as bad as any other shotgun that contains slug rounds, at least the m30 drilling only has one round for sniping, these other shotguns contain up to but not limited to 5 shots, thats 5 easy headshots kills and with a fast reload really to follow up, the M30 drilling can only fire its one bullet and i feel that the one bullet should feel powerful and significant, it isnt historically actuate but i'm sure EA isn't worried about "changing" there history. I do feel either a 3x or even 4x scope would work. For so long i've had to get my face closer to the screen to actually see what i'm hitting. Some would say the gun is overpowered but no one complains about the boys AT and that has a faster chamber time to the reload needed for the drilling. Therefore i feel that its perfectly reasonable to have a 3x to 8x scope. An added bipod and silencer would also be great ideas as well to add towards the tree of possibilities that the m30 drilling could have, just imagine having an additional 5 barrels all with silencers and a tripod to keep it up right.
  • oldmandown65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While we’re at it, please make vehicles three times wider so I can mow down more enemy.
  • DubstepperTee
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Belt-fed Kolibri.
  • 4Primeval
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Since were on topic here i would like to request a launcher for my dynamite pls
  • GP-Caliber
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    drilling is fine the way it is. adding a scope would make it even more versatile.
  • oudx02
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Matty101yttam said:
    I also would like to request a fore grip for my mg42.
    And a suppressor for my tank.

And a bipod for my knife.

Lmao ... i am dead .
  • Hawxxeye
    5938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It would still be weaker than the Martini Henry since it does not have the sweetspot.
    Are people so afraid anything that can OHK headshot even if it has a massive animation between shots?