Weekly BF

Worst battfield ever

DRUNKMONKEY9821
92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
1942 had better game play.

Comments

• TheNoobPolice
    1584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you so much for that insightful assessment.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13327 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    1942 had the worst hitreg of the series.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13327 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Technical issues with a multiplayer shooter were understandable 17 (?) years ago and it still had good gameplay.

In BF5 technical issues are not understandable 
    17 years ago,  game companies weren't developing games with godrays, real-time reflections,  complex weathering effects,  and other gameplay mechanics that we get to enjoy in modern games,   colorgrading,  and all of the prettiness we see in modern day games.

BF1's version of Frostbite is an earlier build I believe,  With BFV having a slightly altered engine where various things have been tweaked to allow certain mechanics ( vaulting over walls etc ).

Another thing to mention,  Is that DICE developers themselves have stated that Frostbite is quite finicky to use and is in no way user friendly.

Whether that has any bearing on BFV's development and the apparent return of old bugs and glitches in addition to new ones,  Is anybody's guess.

Also,  Game engines back then were relatively simple.

The fact is,  Game engines now are hundreds of times more powerful and complex than those that were being used back in the late 90's and early noughties.

BF1942's refractor engine,  whilst being good at some things,  It was horrible at others  ( much like Frostbite ) 

I'm not arguing that BFV doesn't need work though,  It does for sure..  

It's one thing though to look at past battlefield games with rose-tinted glasses,   BF4 had one of the worst launches ever in the franchises history,  With a map ( siege of shanghai ) crashing the entire client to desktop whenever the central C flag ( the tower ) was destroyed,  It would also crash the game out  ( Angry Joe did a video on this )  in addition to non-levolution event client crashes which just occurred out of nowhere.

I think BFV will be better than it is perceived to be now anyway,  When it's had more content and some of the bigger bugs ironed out.

Don't get me wrong though,  Even I can see glaring issues with BFV that need to be focused on and patched out,  I just think of the current state as a glass half full rather than glass half empty and being more pessimistic about things.

I'm sure as time goes by,  We'll see what BFV really has to offer,  The trouble is,  As many here have concerns about,  The content is trickling in very slowly and many of us ( myself included ) are used to a content delivery schedule ( much like DLC drops with past battlefield games on the Premium expansion pack ) 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1970 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Technical issues with a multiplayer shooter were understandable 17 (?) years ago and it still had good gameplay.

In BF5 technical issues are not understandable (especially since BF1 didn't have them) and it doesn't have good gameplay (also not understandable since BF1 was so popular and they threw most of the gameplay design away anyway).

I know I'm not going to get to be an EQ Game Changer with my negativity toward BF5, but *shrug* it's just not good and when previous versions were (and still are) awesome it's massively disappointing and inexcusable.
    Well PS2 Socom Navy Seals was awesome back in 2002.  That was 17 years ago as well for a low end system which had excellent hit reg.
  • trip1ex
    4906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 18
    The games were fun  17 years ago even though they were inferior technically speaking.  That says it all.  

now get off my lawn.  
  • oudx02
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 18
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Yesterday was the first time I rage uninstalled bfv. Gonna take alot of fixing for them to pull me back to that mess.

I spent more than 100bucks on the game and i force myself just not to give up lol
  • trip1ex
    4906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DrunkwoIf said:
    did you guys not beta test it? after 20 min it was obvious how bad this game was going to be.
    that's the way i felt. 
  • ackers75
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 18

That was about 15 year ago and it hasn’t got much better!
    Thinking about it many people still ran dial up so in the grand scheme of things it’s gone backwards
  • NLBartmaN
    3486 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    17 years ago most games gave the opportunity to run your own servers and ping limits were on almost every server I played at.

17 years ago games were made to run good and good gameplay was top priority.

These things would make BF V ten times better, things were better in those days.
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    17 years ago PC game devs had no choice BUT to be innovative.  They didn't have the depth of content and experience that they do now.
    Fast forward to the present, we now have 17 years of sequels and investors who want quarterly increases. Both of which dull developer care and creativity.
  • warslag
    1566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I agree with @NLBartmaN

No matter what advances have been made in terms of graphics to this date, in BFV the enjoyment is nothing like as good as when we had 3rd party server rentals in BF2.

You cannot compare playing on your own clan server to playing in a data centre, where players constantly misbehave and yet where there is also no real freedom.

The game play is worse now, as well. On top of that there is the constant greed shoved in your face, the kids everywhere, social media inundation and all the rest of it.

I still play games but really I'm completely fed up with this situation. I don't understand why nothing changes. People who play games are being ripped off, manipulated and exploited.

Gaming is a cesspit and I don't know how anyone can't see that.

Bit of a rant there.
  • CSO7777
    1315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    oudx02 said:
    Yesterday was the first time I rage uninstalled bfv. Gonna take alot of fixing for them to pull me back to that mess.

I spent more than 100bucks on the game and i force myself just not to give up lol
    I feel the same, bought the Deluxe version and still plays the game, but it's a pain as much as it is fun. The game is so broken and the way they prioritize 'gimmicks' (V1's, arty-strikes, real skill based gameplay...), 'visuals' (clutter, bad visitibility) and 'immersion' (which totally failed in BFV) over core game-play is disgusting.

And the quality is at an all time low in BFV. Almost anything in the game has issues, movement, sound, UI, animations, netcode etc...
  • oudx02
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    oudx02 said:

I feel the same, bought the Deluxe version and still plays the game, but it's a pain as much as it is fun. The game is so broken and the way they prioritize 'gimmicks' (V1's, arty-strikes, real skill based gameplay...), 'visuals' (clutter, bad visitibility) and 'immersion' (which totally failed in BFV) over core game-play is disgusting.

And the quality is at an all time low in BFV. Almost anything in the game has issues, movement, sound, UI, animations, netcode etc...

I remember that i was so hyped for the game..and i preordered it ! After beta i was a bit disapointed but i had some hope for game that is going to be fixed in future .. sadly not yet , i love battlefid and its sad too see fans are leaving this game behind
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But it was consistent across the player base and the high pingers only compounded the issue for themselves. It was a little harder to hit them, but much harder for them to hit you. It became an expected learning curve.

Complexity, real time effects, non user friendly game engines vs. "simple" game engines (as per 17 years ago), although great eye candy nowadays, only reiterates what players are actually looking for in a game...
  • ackers75
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sk1lld wrote: »
    Purchased BFV from a bargain bin sale and still feel ripped off. I feel you OP.

Glad am not the only one!