'Former Battlefield manager warns EA to ‘step it up’ after Modern Warfare gameplay reveal'

Comments

• Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    Video in the following link - shows play, and you can see the opposition :

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-news-coming-at-gamesco/1100-6469174/

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    The upcoming COD may also have serious issues - we don't know yet.

EDIT: Not that I'm hoping it does, on the contrary. Just saying
    20vs20 already crashed for pc.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "I think they'll successfully pull in a lot of people from other games to come and try Call of Duty again. That seems like what they're going for." -GameSpot

Well it's working. I haven't played since Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in 2007. So this will be the first CoD I've bought in 10 years.

Modern Warfare 2019 looks amazing! Weapons look and sound realistic. But the thing that's really roped me in is the large scale modes with big maps, high player counts, and drivable vehicles.
    I believe all vehicles are call in after kill streaks.  But the light tank is a 2 seater.  So even if your not getting the kills.  You can hop in with a friend that does. I guess that body armor and mini gun is a call in and they play the music Heavy Metal from Sammy Hagar.  Still worried the game wont hold up for 50vs50 for this gen consoles.  When DrDisRespect and other streamers went to that place to test out the 20vs20 it crashed for them on pc.  Then another youtuber said the maps are a bit large for 20vs20.  Tons of hiding spots and clutter.
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've just seen that with the 'Dark Edition' of the game, you get a pair of night-vision goggles too :lol: 

But by the way things are looking, Modern Warfare at its current state is less buggy and runs smoother than what Battlefield does, which has had just under 10 months to sort its **** out.

I've always had my buzz on for Battlefield, even for BF1 (I loved the stripped back to basics approach to it and thought the historical aspect of it was tastefully done). But with BFV on the other hand... it's just been dreadful, ever since its release with the 'ello old friend' bombshell..

As excited as I am for COD, I'm equally interested to see what Battlefield releases in an attempt to keep it's dwindling player base. I honestly don't think they'll be able to pull it out of the bag
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    OskooI_007 said:
    "I think they'll successfully pull in a lot of people from other games to come and try Call of Duty again. That seems like what they're going for." -GameSpot

Well it's working. I haven't played since Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in 2007. So this will be the first CoD I've bought in 10 years.

Modern Warfare 2019 looks amazing! Weapons look and sound realistic. But the thing that's really roped me in is the large scale modes with big maps, high player counts, and drivable vehicles.

I believe all vehicles are call in after kill streaks.  But the light tank is a 2 seater.  So even if your not getting the kills.  You can hop in with a friend that does. I guess that body armor and mini gun is a call in and they play the music Heavy Metal from Sammy Hagar.  Still worried the game wont hold up for 50vs50 for this gen consoles.  When DrDisRespect and other streamers went to that place to test out the 20vs20 it crashed for them on pc.  Then another youtuber said the maps are a bit large for 20vs20.  Tons of hiding spots and clutter.

50vs50 was being tested and is not set in stone.
    32vs32 will suffice
  • research-kitchen
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gonna try the beta, and see how that goes.  You can play the beta Sept 12 depending on what platform.
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich wrote: »
    https://www.dexerto.com/call-of-duty/battlefield-manager-warns-ea-step-it-up-modern-warfare-gameplay-reveal-877079

^^ This article just popped up on my timeline and I thought it was quite an interesting read...

Personally, I think it's too late for EA/DICE to save Battlefield V. It's not like there's been a shortage of opportunities to fix this game and iron out all the annoying bugs, yet here we are. Even with the expected release of the Pacific theatre, I think the majority of us know that the new content will either be delayed or broken to some extent.

My interest in Call of Duty expired after MW3, but from what I'm seeing, Modern Warefare is going for the jugular and ticking all the boxes that a Battlefield fan looks for in a game; It's offering large maps, in-depth weapon customisations that affect weapon performance, enormous teams, a real focus on gameplay and now even vehicles - which sounds exactly like what Battlefield used to offer. 

I really hope this game dies and it probably will come October 25th. It will never be the WW2 Battlefield that we were all after and has been a real opportunity wasted. But more importantly, I hope the managing directors and those in charge of the decision making of this game learn a lesson from the mistakes they have made. 

I'll wait till I get my hands on it. I'm sure they will find a way to turn me off of it but I'll reserve my judgement till then
  • MAILBOMB
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The new COD lost me when I found out it cross platforms with PC.
  • DocCuda418
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF3 and 4 are better games than the new COD will be. 1 and 5 look and play bad. 
  • disposalist
    8944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2019
    MAILBOMB said:
    Does it?!  Lol.  That will be hilarious.

It's bad enough that DICE don't balance the console and PC games separately, to actually have cross-platform play is...  just Lol.

Still, if CoD is doing it, I expect DICE to add it into Battlefield imminently.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MAILBOMB said:

It's bad enough that DICE don't balance the console and PC games separately, to actually have cross-platform play is...  just Lol.

MAILBOMB said:

MAILBOMB said:
    Not positive, but I think I read that you will need to opt in for it to be cross platform.
  • StingX71
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MAILBOMB said:

MAILBOMB said:

MAILBOMB said:
    Not positive, but I think I read that you will need to opt in for it to be cross platform.
    It is opt in and based on peripheral. I'm all for it.  looking forward to the 20v20 as well, sure they'll be some balance issues at first but willing to give them a chance. 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    MAILBOMB said:
    I'm sure there's a tab to pick and choose what is cross platform connected.  Cause PC with mouse and keyboard would kill off the console players.
  • ragnarok013
    3816 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    MAILBOMB said:

MAILBOMB said:

MAILBOMB said:
    This is also what I've heard.
  • CH1R0N83
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    disposalist said:

MAILBOMB said:

disposalist said:

MAILBOMB said:

MAILBOMB said:

I believe it will also match people based on their input device. So it will try to put controller with controller and kb+m with kb+m.
  • trip1ex
    5220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    wait until someone uses an apex xim on pc with a m/k and a bucket of cheats and opts in for cross platform play.