Explosions should push my plane upwards and not downwards

LINKERBLOX
99 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Thats basic physics

Comments

• Trokey66
    9046 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh dear........
  • LINKERBLOX
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Oh dear........

What?
  • THECOMMANDER66
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. Low level bombing shouldn’t pull your plane down.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What about when the explosion is above you? Or hits mostly on the top surface of the plane? What do your basic physics tell you then?

Two of many very basic examples of why your logic is no bueno.
  • Marcusspinner
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it a bug or does this suppose to happen?
  • LINKERBLOX
    What about when the explosion is above you? Or hits mostly on the top surface of the plane? What do your basic physics tell you then?

Two of many very basic examples of why your logic is no bueno.

There is no way a plane can survive direct hit from bombs
  • disposalist
    8944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The OP obviously means when you're low-level bombing.  It happens in BF1, too, and is either a bug or a stupid design decision.

When you are near the ground and release bombs, you are quite often sucked into the ground.

Sure, do some damage or blow you *away* from the explosion, but suck you toward it?  Huh?
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe the explosions consume all the oxygen creating lower air pressure which causes the plane to drop.
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The OP obviously means when you're low-level bombing.  It happens in BF1, too, and is either a bug or a stupid design decision.

When you are near the ground and release bombs, you are quite often sucked into the ground.

Sure, do some damage or blow you *away* from the explosion, but suck you toward it?  Huh?
    I was about to say this happened all the time with the attack plane in BF1. You would have thought they would have gotten rid of the bug by now, but evidently not.

I think you're better off just accepting the fact that the mechanics are ****** and try your best to avoid low-level bombing
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It can be annoying when you go low and bomb the enemy, resulting in your plane nose-diving into the ground. This has stopped my from attacking like this, unless I have the opportunity to kill a group of enemies, then I'll risk it.

I don't have any hopes that EA will fix this bug.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Op didn't get the memo yet this game has no basic physics for planes 
  • Trokey66
    9046 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    Oh dear........

What?

You are failing to account for a sudden mass of unstable (close to) supersonic air rushing over an aerofoil followed by low pressure.

Is this a deliberate consideration by DICE? Not sure but it isn't as simple.as you suggest it is.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not saying this is an explanation as to why it's like this in-game, but exploding bombs move air so quickly that it creates a vacuum in the epicenter momentarily. AIR planes can't fly in a vacuum.
  • Hawxxeye
    7586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Trokey66 said:
    Oh dear........

What?

You are failing to account for a sudden mass of unstable (close to) supersonic air rushing over an aerofoil followed by low pressure.

Is this a deliberate consideration by DICE? Not sure but it isn't as simple.as you suggest it is.
    The BFV bombs have such pathetic blast damage that I almost doubt their explosion is creating supersonic air when they cannot even knock some soldier off his feet when blowing up 10 meters away
  • Trokey66
    edited August 2019
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Trokey66 said:

Oh dear........

What?

The BFV bombs have such pathetic blast damage that I almost doubt their explosion is creating supersonic air when they cannot even knock some soldier off his feet when blowing up 10 meters away

Just one of many reasons why you shouldn't try to apply 'basic physics' to anything Battlefield.
    Post edited by Trokey66 on
  • StrikerLeecy126
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That's why I always press space (mapped to climbing) while dropping 1000lb 4000lb, 500kg and 1000kg bombs.
  • disposalist
    8944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    That's why I always press space (mapped to climbing) while dropping 1000lb 4000lb, 500kg and 1000kg bombs.
    So do I.  I still get sucked to the ground.
  • NightSkyn3t
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the planes gets pushed downwards because the explosion hit the tail
  • disposalist
    edited August 2019
    Actually a legit possible reason.  Nice one.  Still hate it and it doesn't feel like that, but good thinking.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm pretty sure this is the case. What other guys said about explosions, air pressure, etc is true but there's still a pressure wave (shock wave, blast wave or whatever you wanna call it) right after the explosion and if you are close enough you can feel it. And since you are moving forward, that wave will always hit your rear. So it actually does push you up but only the rear, consequently, nose goes down.