[Feedback] AA Turret damage against bombers

Weaklead
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm playing BFV a lot and one thing I noticed is that is incredible hard to take down those bombers!

So here is the situation ...
You start dying a lot ... you press tab to check the score and see that 30/0 guy pressing one button to kill 3 ~ 4 players at once. If you don't have any skilled pilot on your team you better leave server. But wait, don't leave, there is the AA turret, right? Well the turrets can do nothing about it. In fact, there is no point at all to use it against the bombers. Even if you hit ALL shots, the bomber will still have plenty of life to kill you AND destroy the turret.

The AA turrets should at least disable the bombers if you hit them a lot. As I see the game today, there is no punishment for flying around the AA which doesn't sound right to me.

Thanks!

Comments

• TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The damage bombers take fronm AA will be buffed in a future patch. This has been confirmed by DICE.
  • GuangFuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I saw many funny comments from bomber players lol. For example, bomber should be a counter of an AA. That is historically correct!

I believe they should first learn how to land and reload bombs properly, if they keep crying for what is historically correct.
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I saw many funny comments from bomber players lol. For example, bomber should be a counter of an AA. That is historically correct!

I believe they should first learn how to land and reload bombs properly, if they keep crying for what is historically correct.

That's actually historically accurate by the way. Man invented anti aircraft guns long before planes. It was, in fact, the reason man began working on a means of flight in order to stop anti aircraft guns. Without anti aircraft guns you would not have aircraft. I learned that in college.

So next time you visit an airport, take a moment to thank anti aircraft weaponry.
  • Hawxxeye
    7573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

The physics of this game make for really rough landings even if you have some experience from playing flight simulators.
  • Navinor
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You learned that in college.....i have stopped reading here.....everybody knows college teaches you nothing!
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Weaklead wrote: »
    I'm playing BFV a lot and one thing I noticed is that is incredible hard to take down those bombers!

So here is the situation ...
    You start dying a lot ... you press tab to check the score and see that 30/0 guy pressing one button to kill 3 ~ 4 players at once. If you don't have any skilled pilot on your team you better leave server. But wait, don't leave, there is the AA turret, right? Well the turrets can do nothing about it. In fact, there is no point at all to use it against the bombers. Even if you hit ALL shots, the bomber will still have plenty of life to kill you AND destroy the turret.

The AA turrets should at least disable the bombers if you hit them a lot. As I see the game today, there is no punishment for flying around the AA which doesn't sound right to me.

Thanks!

I haven't been able to do more than 80% damage to a bomber with the AA yet. However if you have a good fighter pilot in the air that should be enough as he can finish off the bombers you damage, at least that's how it worked in one game today.
  • WHISPonPCin480P
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I get where you're coming from, but...

Someone even 1/10th as good as the bomber can shred them with a fighter and some common sense. How about you practice with them, and then there's a good chance you'll rarely have problems :) If that doesn't work, you might have to use something called teamwork!
  • Le_CloDo
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the thing is, if you're an infantry player you prob don't want to sit in a fighter all map long because a guy keep spawning in a bomber which is unkillable from the ground. Let it be said that fighter on the other hand just get shred by AA gun
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Le_CloDo wrote: »
    the thing is, if you're an infantry player you prob don't want to sit in a fighter all map long because a guy keep spawning in a bomber which is unkillable from the ground. Let it be said that fighter on the other hand just get shred by AA gun

Well, consdiering that this is a combined warfare game.... If you don't want to sit in a fighter, then don't and accept that the bomber will continue flying around until someone else takes a fighter and kills him.
    You either put the effort into killing the bomber or you don't. Your choice. But dont ask for a magic stick to pull bombers from the sky as an infantry player....not how the game works.
  • Viper139
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played the aa for some time yesterday and took down several fighter planes, the one bomber i took down was heavily damaged be a plane beforehand.
    That change in the next update is very welcomed.
  • Bundesfinanzamt
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fighters counter bombers
    bombers counter aa guns
    aa guns counter fighters

If you don't like certain game mechanics i suggest playing infantry only modes like domination. Ahhh sorry there is always one good infantry player killing you. You are right, that's a real menace. Ok, just buff the aa guns.
  • smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When driving any vehicle back up to an aa trailer and hit t (not sure on console) then you will hook to it and you can take it with you. Then shoot those planes from all over the map
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    smys123 wrote: »
    When driving any vehicle back up to an aa trailer and hit t (not sure on console) then you will hook to it and you can take it with you. Then shoot those planes from all over the map

Ha ha good luck with that. The moment who hook that AA on and start to drive you will be twisted around the whole time like being on a bad trip at a Rave festival.
  • Weaklead
    After almost a year I came back to see how the game is ... still no ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ usage for the AA turrets.
  • Noodlesocks
    3610 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What annoys me is that even after doing a lot of damage to enemy fighters and bombers, they don't have to turn back. They can just fly over your team's spawn to resupply. That more than anything I would like to see changed. Planes should have to fly back to their own base or airfield they own to resupply.

If planes had to turn back to repair, they wouldn't be pushing so far into enemy airspace and the AA will be doing it's job without the need to be playing about with it's damage output so much.
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel that the damage is fine the way it is now, although I wouldn't mind a slight buff.

What annoys me is that even after doing a lot of damage to enemy fighters and bombers, they don't have to turn back. They can just fly over your team's spawn to resupply. That more than anything I would like to see changed. Planes should have to fly back to their own base or airfield they own to resupply.

If planes had to turn back to repair, they wouldn't be pushing so far into enemy airspace and the AA will be doing it's job without the need to be playing about with it's damage output so much.
    I agree with this. The enemy could still escape by flying around the outskirts of the map, but at least they can't re-arm and sneak up on you from your own base if you turn your attention to another aircraft.

• NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really don't understand all the whining about vehicles, they are insane weak and easy to destroy.

Only the fighters and other planes that can take down bombers are insane OP and hard to destroy, the bombers themselves are insane weak compared to previous bf's.

Maybe a game without vehicles is a good idea for people that have a problem with them...
  • Gattlin
    517 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Never thought of that great point btw
  • xKusagamix
    1169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I find out that the Staghound is far more better at being an AA than the AA itself...

It's one of the Tanks in this game has low shell drop with fast ROF.
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    I'd say the placing of said AA guns are more problematic than the damage they don't do. Who decided where to put those things? The one I tried to use today on Twisted Steel was surrounded by buildings. The only good one is on Narvik, on top of a silo type structure

If the concussion from the blasts made it more difficult to fly they could ward off planes better. AA guns are just easy kills, especially with missiles