Another Unpopular Opinion.

Comments

• NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Removing 3x scope without glint, making the ttk higher, adding an alternative for TAA and adding a ping limit would have a lot more impact and would make the game a lot better.

Probing has almost no impact on the game.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    if the ttk wasnt as low we'd run circles around those camping bricks.......

Perhaps if the TTK were higher, there wouldn't be so many campers.......

Fix the problem, not the symptom.

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This hate for a basic feature,a feature which has been in every battlefield to date,excluding the Bad company games,and no one's had a problem with it (besides the occasional gripe about dolphin diving),is insane.-Camping isn't a "thing",the only meta is Assault. If you can't tell someone's holding a gun,and not reaching for the sky,that's your problem,and if they're in a corner? Throw a grenade. Every class has oneRemove laying on your back? You mean like the -other- battlefields did? It wasn't a problem then,it isn't one now. All this does now is stop people's feet from cliping through walls as easily

It is strange, then, given that camping “isn’t a thing,” that the vast majority of my deaths come from bushes where there is a prone, camping support player with an MMG, or a prone, camping recon player with a Boys AT. Throwing grenades into corners works, but only if you see them lying there first — which is a very big “if”. :)
    Check corners. Sprint when it's safe. Travel with your squad.
    -
    If you die to someone who isn't moving. And you continue to run to them to die over and over,thats not the game. That's you
    sry but that sounds just slow and just as campy. if the ttk wasnt as low we'd run circles around those camping bricks, plus it takes far less skill to lay on your belly all day than to maneuver across the map at a fast pace.

though the problem isnt dying more than once to a corner-rat it's that in some way those underachievers feel rewarded for doing so, slowing the overall pace of the game in some maps down and rendering it less enjoyable.
    marita can be fun fast paced house to house action, with dozens of kills and frantically diving in and out of windows. or it can be a campy bore with 4-5 bipod campers on each side of a wall until the timer runs out.

and good luck flanking when the game forces you down a narrow path one side or the other.

stick to my team? sure, every full moon i am graced with guys knowing their stuff and guess what, we rush down  camping dudes by the second. no need to slow down into a crawl at every corner, speed movement and aim prevails as it should. this aint no boring sim were you check every corner with a mirror and take votes on how to proceed. 

camping is the last resort of the unskilled and no "tactic". like crossing your arms over your head aint no tactic when you get beaten into a pulp by an superior opponent. 
    Shocked we don't have a mirror as a gadget.  Stick of gum and a twig and a tiny round mirror like Tom Hanks used on Saving Private Ryan.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm all for it. Get rid of prone
    Though I think you and I and everyone are on one wave length while Dice is on a completely different one. I mean they did design a weapon class that REQUIRES you to be in prone.
  • ViolationofDerp
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was talking about the exact same thing yesterday with my squadmates and completely second what OP said. Hopefully Bad Company 3 willl be another BF without proning.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Naw. Prone is good.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JUJAMAKILL wrote: »
    OMG is there anything that shouldn't be nerfed into oblivion or out right removed in this game? Any game? Can people not handle losing to another player that badly? 

Pro Tip: Next time you load up BFV, just sit and stare at the loading screen for the rest of the night. That way you won't have to deal with prone players, MMG's, snipers, planes, campers and all the other things that make people so salty. Sounds like fun right?

I imagine it would be about as much fun as the rest of us would have trying to play the left over remains of what ever hollowed out experience you guys would deem 'acceptable' in a FPS, if the devs were to cater their game specifically to those who think ideas like this are valid solutions.

disposalist said:
    If losing prone would make players leave, they aren't players we would miss.

This is the sort of arrogantly worded comment that I would expect from those who think their ideas are completely sound and justified. For the sake of a so-called 'better' experience? Better for them and stuff everyone else eh?
    Let me offer a counter opinion on the types of players I wouldn't miss- Anyone who consistently (<-- key word there) calls for nerfs or the removal of mechanics, because they get killed by (insert melodramatic cause) too often. Or in other words, they are bad sports who can't handle defeat.

@ OP, I will give you this. I will agree that they should remove the ability to prone on your back, especially when it allows you to roll around with a perfectly deployed bipod with no accuracy penalty. But not for the same reason as you. I don't care whether or not someone camps. I have more of an issue with the fact that these players blend in too well with downed players, making it too difficult to distinguish if they are a threat or not. AFAIK the only difference in the these rolling around animations is that one of them has a gun pointed at me, and I cannot tell if someone is actually aiming at me or not in this state.

Now tell me, if we were to remove the prone on your back stance, would that be enough of a compromise? 
    Don't worry, that's rhetorical. I already know the answer.

Someone prones hardcore. Dust of your belly soldier.
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Very silly. Prone people are the easiest to kill.

Secondly camping was at Uber levels in BfBC2.. especially all those ghillie suit sniper campers.
    Also mmg were historically ONLY fired from either prone or crouched positions.

I’d prefer it if hip fire was removed for all mmgs. And nerfed for all non smug weapons.
  • ShevermiN
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,
    It is like anything in Battlefield previously, there has to be a flaw or countermeasure in any of the advantages. For BF4, you can see players, or for INVR there are flares, or helicopters there are ground to air countermeasures. There is in general, this balance to the game. 

From what it seems from the comments on BFV, you cannot see anyone, so their prone makes them nigh on invisible, and the spotting is reduced. Too many game flaws which assist a specific behaviour. Same for BF4, people bunny hopping, jumping around and using aim assist and snap to/auto rotation to immediately beat an opponent. 

If the people crating the game actually played the game, then maybe they could generate balance in the game. They need to think like the cheating gamers - how can they misuse the mechanics to their own advantage. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
    Well if you owned  the game you would see that most of the complaints about the visibility in game are a tad overstated. Yes it's not as easy to spot people ingame because they removed some of the cheesy spotting from BF4. Because you couldn't see them in BF4 either you were just shooting dorito's or using the infared, thermal scopes. 

Unless you spend time in the game, basing your opinions on those that spam the forums and you tube is not a good way to educate yourself.  

I'm quite sure those making the game play the game because I do and I find most of the complaints and comments in the forums are just cut and past from tubers and streamers,  it's quite sad really.

People hiding in cover are hard to see, maybe stop running around like  an idiot in a combat zone and you will die a little less.  

• sarris_bros-1978
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2019
    I smell another "i'm a very skillfull headless chicken with my most difficult semi and full automatic guns to use", thread that desperately ask from DICE for help because "i'm still dying from skilless with very easy mode guns players"!!!
  • sarris_bros-1978
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    "it takes far less skill to lay on your belly all day than to maneuver across the map at a fast pace" .

Lol!!! What a joke!!!
  • Foxassassin
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very silly. Prone people are the easiest to kill.

Secondly camping was at Uber levels in BfBC2.. especially all those ghillie suit sniper campers.
    Also mmg were historically ONLY fired from either prone or crouched positions.

I’d prefer it if hip fire was removed for all mmgs. And nerfed for all non smug weapons.
    Careful. You'll get the same "FuN nOt ReAlIsm" copy-pasted responce. Like that's all most people know how to say
  • Foxassassin
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN said:
    Hi,
    It is like anything in Battlefield previously, there has to be a flaw or countermeasure in any of the advantages. For BF4, you can see players, or for INVR there are flares, or helicopters there are ground to air countermeasures. There is in general, this balance to the game. 

From what it seems from the comments on BFV, you cannot see anyone, so their prone makes them nigh on invisible, and the spotting is reduced. Too many game flaws which assist a specific behaviour. Same for BF4, people bunny hopping, jumping around and using aim assist and snap to/auto rotation to immediately beat an opponent. 

If the people crating the game actually played the game, then maybe they could generate balance in the game. They need to think like the cheating gamers - how can they misuse the mechanics to their own advantage. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
    Well if you owned  the game you would see that most of the complaints about the visibility in game are a tad overstated. Yes it's not as easy to spot people ingame because they removed some of the cheesy spotting from BF4. Because you couldn't see them in BF4 either you were just shooting dorito's or using the infared, thermal scopes. 

Unless you spend time in the game, basing your opinions on those that spam the forums and you tube is not a good way to educate yourself.  

I'm quite sure those making the game play the game because I do and I find most of the complaints and comments in the forums are just cut and past from tubers and streamers,  it's quite sad really.

People hiding in cover are hard to see, maybe stop running around like  an idiot in a combat zone and you will die a little less.  

Tried saying that earlier,in another post I believe. One of the responces was baffling "Checking corners sounds just as campy".
    -
    I'm at a firm belief that no one even has an idea what "camping" is and just throws it around to justify whatever argument they want to make.
  • sarris_bros-1978
    "camping is the last resort of the unskilled and no "tactic". like crossing your arms over your head aint no tactic when you get beaten into a pulp by an superior opponent".

Oh!! Onother joke!!! Lol!!!
  • Foxassassin
    ShevermiN said:
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 

Cut and paste from youtubers. Sounds about right. Just like a lot of other games anymore. One person complains about something that goes against -their- playstyle,and everyone mimics them.
    -
    People complaining about the TTK (which is only slightly less than BF3),sprinting around and moving mach 2? I really don't understand why so many people want to twist battlefield into that. Just go play CoD,or Quake or Unreal.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    ShevermiN said:

Hi,
    Thanks for your opinion on whether visibility is overstated. 

Not here to "educate" myself - this is a forum for discussion. Thanks for your input. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X.