'Former Battlefield manager warns EA to ‘step it up’ after Modern Warfare gameplay reveal'

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    7053 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    [Delete]
  • OskooI_007
    1292 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fortnite is forcing players to opt-in crossplay.
    TheVerge wrote:
    Players will still technically have to opt in to agree to play against players on the opposite console. But Epic Games isn’t really leaving players much of a choice: the ones who don’t opt in will be limited to just Creative Mode and Playgrounds.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/12/18261532/fortnite-patch-xbox-one-ps4-cross-play-default-battle-royale

So if you want to play Battle Royale mode in Fortnite, you're forced to opt-in crossplay. Hopefully Infinity Ward handles things differently.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Apparently, Modern Warfare will have input based matchmaking across platforms. That means that someone with a KB+M setup on console can play with PC players with the same setup, but a KB+M user on PC can't be matched against a console controller user.

That seems rather fair to me ... so far.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7053 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Apparently, Modern Warfare will have input based matchmaking across platforms. That means that someone with a KB+M setup on console can play with PC players with the same setup, but a KB+M user on PC can't be matched against a console controller user.

This makes sense.
  • Hawxxeye
    7579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This would be amazing for those who want to have a PC experience without paying 2 or more times the cost of a console
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Wasn't there a game that did this but people would plug in the controller until the match started and they would just plug there M+K back in? I remember reading about this but can't remember the game.
  • Jeffmaxs6
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

COD is good for fast run/gun, but if I wanted to do that UT or Quake would be more my style.  

• Axlerod1
    1388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hawxxeye said:

This would be amazing for those who want to have a PC experience without paying 2 or more times the cost of a console
    What would be amazing is if EA/DICE would give PC players an experience that wasn't at a console level. That would be real amazing!
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

I'd rather have full crossplay. Never having to worry about playercounts again and each player has the same game experience regardless of platform and region. Plus of course in the long run one would use the appropriate input device for each game. Would put every gamer on the same level again.
  • OskooI_007
    1292 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Infinity Ward said at Gamescom that console to console cross-play is possible. It's good to know consoles won't be forced to play with PC.

• LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game isn’t even out yet and we have more to forward to in Call of Duty than we do in BFV..

Even if Battlefield were to introduce cross play further on down the line, I have zero confidence they’ll be able to do it properly and without a million bugs

• Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Axlerod1 said:
    Bfv is done. EA dice ruined it before launch and the low player count proves it. Not to mention 1 month after launch the game was discounted by half.

Player know that ea can't put out a game that is with buying or playing. The Competitors know it to.

EA needs to come up with a business model that generates business and not drives business away.
    Hi,
    Is it possible that EA are being too aggressive in the pursuit of profit, which caused them to release an unfinished game, with planned Battle Royale mode to capture further revenue, riding on the back of the Fortnite success ?

DICE do have to take some of the responsibility - from the sales, everyone was happy with BF1 (25 million units sold ??), so a modification to this design, for WW2 could have been a winner ?. 

I am not too bothered about having major changes in the next game - was happy with all the games from BF2:MC to BF4. 

Regards,
    Shadders. 
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 said:
    Bfv is done. EA dice ruined it before launch and the low player count proves it. Not to mention 1 month after launch the game was discounted by half.

Player know that ea can't put out a game that is with buying or playing. The Competitors know it to.

EA needs to come up with a business model that generates business and not drives business away.
    Hi,
    Is it possible that EA are being too aggressive in the pursuit of profit, which caused them to release an unfinished game, with planned Battle Royale mode to capture further revenue, riding on the back of the Fortnite success ?

DICE do have to take some of the responsibility - from the sales, everyone was happy with BF1 (25 million units sold ??), so a modification to this design, for WW2 could have been a winner ?. 

I am not too bothered about having major changes in the next game - was happy with all the games from BF2:MC to BF4. 

Regards,
    Shadders. 
    EA being aggressive in the pursuit of profit - is the Pope a Catholic?
  • ElliotLH
    9444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

Wasn't there a game that did this but people would plug in the controller until the match started and they would just plug there M+K back in? I remember reading about this but can't remember the game.

That was Overwatch I believe.
  • ForbidRhyme
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If one thing buying bfv has taught me it's 
    Not to buy the next game on release date,

Wait for the reviews from the players who know,
    Including cod games.   

Right there with ya.
  • PackersDK
    883 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If one thing buying bfv has taught me it's 
    Not to buy the next game on release date,

Wait for the reviews from the players who know,
    Including cod games.   
    Not to forget, no more Premium and the like. Never again. I liked BF1 alot, so jumped head first into the shallow end of that cesspool.

Leason learned.
  • Axlerod1
    1388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/in.ign.com/battlefield-v-multiplayer/138811/news/battlefield-5-multiplayer-mode-cancelled-devs-plan-to-focus-on-eliminating-bugs?amp=1

So now almost a year after release they decide now is the time for bug hunting? With everyone leaving dice, who is left to fix these bugs?

Yeah, I think there will be a lot more Empty servers coming soon.

I guess there is always battlefield 2020. Lol not. The last 3 battlefield titles were hardly worth it. I just don't see any future left for dice.