[feedback] lack of gamemodes for infrantry focus only

viper63x
229 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield V Member
edited August 26
anybody that wants a clean game with no tanks or planes and just clean infrantry gunfights, doesn't seem welcome to this game.

combine teamdeathmatch with domination, that will still reduce match making times.

I dont want to play in squad conquest where teams are always unbalanced, and then the team that has few more players seem to always have the extra advantage.

I want to play 32 player mode infrantry only, that i can sit back and relax a bit more, because breakthrough has way to many players and variables you have to worry about.

Teamdeathmatch seems very boring with only one goal in mind kill the other players as much as possible to win, but this leads players to be in odd places around the map, and encourage camping to the extreme, because this is the only goal, you have to worry about, atleast with domination it encouraged more team work, and capturing flags.

squad conquest is pretty boring when a few players from the enemie team leave because they are loosing, or for other reasons.

The whole experince of squad conquest, just doesn't replacce domination at all, if your lucky you get about 20 kills, but normally for me about 10 kills, seems to be the avergae on squad conquest because i suppose players keep leaving and it ruins the entire game.

Post edited by viper63x on

Comments

• IIMechatronikII
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Go play COD, I forgot. Soon or maybe little later (Delay) Dice give you two small maps 5 vs 5.
  • viper63x
    Go play COD, I forgot. Soon or maybe little later (Delay) Dice give you two small maps 5 vs 5.

5v5 maps is not necessary, and nobody will play that, including me.

• IIMechatronikII
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why? So what I see nobody wants this mode. Like always DICE make that no one ask.
  • Noodlesocks
    3146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's what I miss Frontlines for. it was largely infantry focused but provided a central focus for where the combat would take place and an objective to work towards. I play the game a lot less since it was removed.
  • viper63x
    NLBartmaN said:
    The whole game is infantry only!

The vehicles are insanely weak and have barely got any influence on the game.

There is an infantry class that can solo a tank without any effort and still you want more infantry focus?
    when we have a clean 32vs32 domination gamemode then that will be infrantry only and it will come with other perks, like unbalancing wont be much of an issue because  there wont be tanks on  either side, in squad conquest when your team leaves or doesn't support the tanker, then it just goes all wrong from the get go. infrantry players dont want these variables to worry about.
  • mf_shro0m
    1864 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

There is an infantry class that can solo a tank without any effort and still you want more infantry focus?

Let there be a completely infantry focused game mode and they’ll let there be a completely vehicles focused game mode

Dude if every keeps selfishly arguing that their preferred game style should be the only one on offer in BFV we’ll just end up only having gamemodes that are a compromise, I.e. more of the same
  • Vespervin
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:

It's quite humorous. Due to the tanks being so fragile, I'm playing a lot more strategically instead of rushing to engagements head first. I engage enemy armour and infantry at long ranges, and will only move in to assist in the capture of a flag if there's is either a friendly tank there or friendly infantry, or both. I rarely move in to take a flag by myself, unless it's one I know the enemy aren't focused on. Because I play like this, I constantly get messages that accuse me of being a 'tank camping stat padder', not that I care. They are just mad that I am not stupid enough to get into a situation where I get utterly destroyed in 10 seconds by Assault players.
  • viper63x
    edited August 20
    Vespervin said:
    NLBartmaN said:

It's quite humorous. Due to the tanks being so fragile, I'm playing a lot more strategically instead of rushing to engagements head first. I engage enemy armour and infantry at long ranges, and will only move in to assist in the capture of a flag if there's is either a friendly tank there or friendly infantry, or both. I rarely move in to take a flag by myself, unless it's one I know the enemy aren't focused on. Because I play like this, I constantly get messages that accuse me of being a 'tank camping stat padder', not that I care. They are just mad that I am not stupid enough to get into a situation where I get utterly destroyed in 10 seconds by Assault players.

its quite humorous that you dont get it, seeing as you are a battlefield veteran.

in domination, it is a place for compeitive and social gathering, but domination has a big impact on the competitive infrantry gunplay.

do you think people who are sweating off so hard to capture flags, want to be killed by a tanker who is just sitting miles away and feeding off the off chance a player runs past his sight of view? in squad conquest it is hard to flank a tank, because squad conquest has many areas that are locked down, where as on domination all the entire map you could pretty much flank around.

• Elephante33
    298 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    viper63x said:
    anybody that wants a clean game with no tanks or planes and just clean infrantry gunfights, doesn't seem welcome to this game.

combine teamdeathmatch with domination, that will still reduce match making times.

I dont want to play in squad conquest where teams are always unbalanced, and then the team that has few more players seem to always have the extra advantage.

I want to play 32 player mode infrantry only, that i can sit back and relax a bit more, because breakthrough has way to many players and variables you have to worry about.

Teamdeathmatch seems very boring with only one goal in mind kill the other players as much as possible to win, but this leads players to be in odd places around the map, and encourage camping to the extreme, because this is the only goal, you have to worry about, atleast with domination it encouraged more team work, and capturing flags.

apart from this gunplay is solid i really like it.

This is my opinion and feedback, and you can say go back to call of duty, thats fine, but battlefield has always had infrantry domination.

I dont want to be a **** and im sure alot of people have told you already to jsut go play CoD, but they arnt completly wrong. People buy a Battlefield game because historically the game was all about playing on a battlefield, with lots of things happening and planes and tanks swooping around. So yeah Im sorry but I think you have bought into the wrong game community for pure inf vs inf combat
  • NLBartmaN
    3640 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    viper63x said:

its quite humorous that you dont get it, seeing as you are a battlefield veteran.

in domination, it is a place for compeitive and social gathering, but domination has a big impact on the competitive infrantry gunplay.

do you think people who are sweating off so hard to capture flags, want to be killed by a tanker who is just sitting miles away and feeding off the off chance a player runs past his sight of view? in squad conquest it is hard to flank a tank, because squad conquest has many areas that are locked down, where as on domination all the entire map you could pretty much flank around.
    The chance you get killed by a vehicle in this game is insane low, vehiclesare weaker than infantry, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

The game already is an Assault infantry only game, every gamemodes is already infantry focussed.
  • disposalist
    8681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Is it trolling or irony?  In the first Battlefield iteration that feels like vehicles are an underpowered afterthought, people are suggesting that those that like infantry gameplay aren't welcome?

"battlefield has always had infrantry domination".  Good grief.
  • Elephante33
    298 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it trolling or irony?  In the first Battlefield iteration that feels like vehicles are an underpowered afterthought, people are suggesting that those that like infantry gameplay aren't welcome?

I feel like you are arguing 2 points at the same time with that sentence but I feel you are trying to defend infantry play, which, no one is saying isnt part of BF, but that it is not an inf ONLY game that people usually play. Most people who play BF over CoD WANT the big maps with the tanks and the jeeps and the planes, its the reason they play these games
  • viper63x
    viper63x said:

This is my opinion and feedback, and you can say go back to call of duty, thats fine, but battlefield has always had infrantry domination.

I dont want to be a **** and im sure alot of people have told you already to jsut go play CoD, but they arnt completly wrong. People buy a Battlefield game because historically the game was all about playing on a battlefield, with lots of things happening and planes and tanks swooping around. So yeah Im sorry but I think you have bought into the wrong game community for pure inf vs inf combat
    no the game was advertised as having domination. I also like playing on conquest, but  most my time i prefer to play infrantry on domination, that most titles have and still utilizing for years.

Domination exposes the difference between call of duty still in many ways, that is a worthy brag.

you can revive, you can heal, provide ammo, be in a 4 man squad, you dont have constant kill streaks raining down on you.

Alot of players who only play conquest wont really understand or see it from this perspective. And just throw around insults, because of their lack of intellect to have a civil conversation.

• viper63x
    NLBartmaN said:
    viper63x said:

The chance you get killed by a vehicle in this game is insane low, vehiclesare weaker than infantry, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

The game already is an Assault infantry only game, every gamemodes is already infantry focussed.

nonesence, if the game was infantry focused we would have domination and have no tanks or planes in our gamemodes.

• NLBartmaN
    3640 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    viper63x said:

nonesence, if the game was infantry focused we would have domination and have no tanks or planes in our gamemodes.

Tanks and planes are there, but they are no threat and weaker than infantry, if they are there or not makes no difference for the result, so the game is totally infantry focussed.

Domination is nothing else than squad conquest large with some little changes to the rules (kills).

You totally have your infantry focussed game, players that actually want BF with capable vehicles are the ones that have reason to complain.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    viper63x said:

I find this is a reason the series has suffered in recent times and has a bit of an identity crisis s because its tried to cater to bf players from the BF2 days - like reintroduction of attrition, more squad focus etc and then to appeal to cod style players with maps like - metro, Fort and any other infantry only cluster choke point maps. - addnow 5 v 5 stuff.

BF should just be large open maps and vehicles, go back to its roots, ditch the infantry only stuff.
  • mf_shro0m
    1864 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    disposalist said:

I feel like you are arguing 2 points at the same time with that sentence but I feel you are trying to defend infantry play, which, no one is saying isnt part of BF, but that it is not an inf ONLY game that people usually play. Most people who play BF over CoD WANT the big maps with the tanks and the jeeps and the planes, its the reason they play these games

No-ones asking for BF to be an infantry only game, they’re asking for it to have an infantry only game mode.

Is infantry enegagements part of BF?
    Yes
    Would you like to see a mode with only tanks and/or planes?
    I would
    Do they need to dedicate the game to vehicle only games?
    Lol no
    Could we have a nice mix of gamemodes?
    BF3 and BF4 proved that we can
  • mf_shro0m
    viper63x said:

I find this is a reason the series has suffered in recent times and has a bit of an identity crisis s because its tried to cater to bf players from the BF2 days - like reintroduction of attrition, more squad focus etc and then to appeal to cod style players with maps like - metro, Fort and any other infantry only cluster choke point maps. - addnow 5 v 5 stuff.

BF should just be large open maps and vehicles, go back to its roots, ditch the infantry only stuff.

Lol it’s really sad how many selfish people there are who want BF to ditch a load of its players and tailor make the game to their liking

Could we have a nice mix of gamemodes that make everyone happy?
    BF3 and BF4 proved that we can
  • Broliszibaila
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield game should focus on the big interesting maps, big land and naval battles. 

Now the name of this game has zero meaning. Its hard call as BATTLEFIELD.