Weekly BF

Community : we want 50/50 ..dice : there you go 5v5

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13243 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    oudx02 said:
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    We?

Who is this "we" you speak of?

Thousands of people like me who believe battlefield is a large scale fps game, its not r6 or cs etc , i hope that explain "we" properly for u
    Nobody once,  ever in the history of BF has ever asked for 50v50 specifically.

This 50v50 business only started making waves here because the new call of duty advertised the new 50v50 mode.

Also.. 50v50?

Please..

Arma 3 can rock player counts of 128v128 ( and probably higher ) and it is a few years old now.

Give me 512v512 and I will be impressed.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain wrote: »
    Latest Levelcap video says that they've never actually announced 5 v 5 anywhere, it's all data minded stuff.

So there has been no official announcement or dev twit. So could be just a dev private test mode?

We* are not that interested in a 5v5 game mode.

We* as in the royal We
  • BaronVonGoon
    6815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 19
    BaronVonGoon said:
    I anticipate it's going to be a 5v5 similar to RB6 Siege. If so, what a disaster. The meta will be corner humping prone mmg.

Well done Dice. PLEASE post some hiring ads. You need map designers, gameplay devs, and leaders to decide on overall vision and enforcement.

With 17 years of Battlefield games that people have generally loved, I don't understand how they can't just *maintain* the overall vision for the franchise.

They seem to want to mess it up on purpose.

Exactly!! They should be maintaining the same vision. Every game they change everything. I don't understand why.

I have a theory. I watched a while ago a documentary about artists. In it alot of artists claim their biggest fear is routine. Creative people hate repetition. They always want to reinvent themselves and create new things. I think Dice devs are bored. Theyre bored of the fps genre and you can see it in the product, they keep changing things and thats why the games lack a united vision and focus.

Also, I think more gameplay devs should in charge of the overall vision and leadership role rather than creative artists.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I anticipate it's going to be a 5v5 similar to RB6 Siege. If so, what a disaster. The meta will be corner humping prone mmg.

Well done Dice. PLEASE post some hiring ads. You need map designers, gameplay devs, and leaders to decide on overall vision and enforcement.
    With 17 years of Battlefield games that people have generally loved, I don't understand how they can't just *maintain* the overall vision for the franchise.

Sony messed up the Socom franchise and then killed it off.  Socom 1 and Socom 2 both were 8vs8 on PS2.  Then Socom 3 and Socom combined assault were 8vs8 and 16vs16 on PS2.  That segregated the community and tons of complaints.  Socom Confrontation on PS3 I believe wasn't the main people that made the first two.  Then I left and sold my PS3 and Socom Confrontation cause it was horrible.  I didn't even stick around for Socom 4.  Socom 4 was aimed for the COD audience.  Socom 3/Combined Assault was kinda aimed for the Battlefield audience since more players and vehicles.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 20
    We?

Coming from somebody who regularly blames “the community” for stuff....🧐
  • Trokey66
    8519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We?

Ahhhhh, but I always put 'the community' in inverted comas to denote that 'the commumity' is an unquantifiable and undefined 'thing'.

The use of 'we' and indeed, 'nobody' in threads such as this suggests 'all'.

As this thread shows, although both have some support, neither has universal support so the use of 'we' is misleading.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We?

Ahhhhh, but I always put 'the community' in inverted comas to denote that 'the commumity' is an unquantifiable and undefined 'thing'.

As this thread shows, although both have some support, neither has universal support so the use of 'we' is misleading.

Well I don't like conquest and welcome any new modes dice throw at me with the exception of firestorm.
  • Elephante33
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    honestly, they will think 5v5 is popular becuase they will make a chapter about playing 5v5 and then pat their back about it I feel, they did the same thing with Firestorm, but who here still honeslty plays that? And when was the last time you saw a 64 pop Firestorm game?
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1904 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Making a FPS game with more than the current 32 v 32 is kind of pointless unless you start changing the fundamentals of the game.  Would 50 v 50 Conquest play any differently on a slightly larger map than 32v32 - Nope! Modes like Breakthrough could/would become even more a meat grinder on some sectors.  Upping player numbers only makes sense if more team work is involved, therefore requiring more players.  Who wants even more one man army assaults or even single pilot/driver vehicles roaming the battlefield.  Not me anyway.  More teamwork could mean the need for multiple player vehicles  - so yes, driver and main gunner in tanks/apcs and even dedicated pilots for transport/bombers, or it could mean a rethink of how game modes work so you dont end up with 100 players fighting at the same time over one objective.
  • VOLBANKER
    1030 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For several years the guys at DICE have wanted Battlefield to be used for competitive tournaments shown on TV etc. just as Counterstrike tournaments are today.

It didn’t work with BF1 5v5; we’ll see if it will with BFV.
  • oudx02
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We?

Lmao , i bet u enjoy more if u play r6 its modern tho
  • trip1ex
    4868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    For several years the guys at DICE have wanted Battlefield to be used for competitive tournaments shown on TV etc. just as Counterstrike tournaments are today.

It didn’t work with BF1 5v5; we’ll see if it will with BFV.
     You mean we'll see if it works in the next BF game.  ;)

Feels too late for this one barring a miracle.

• SunnyTheWerewolf
    317 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In BF1, when they made the Incursions mode, it was made by a two-man team, which was separate from the rest of the development team.

I don't know what the case is now, but probably not that many resources will be used or redirected from the main game, which in turn might be the downfall of the mode.
  • Hawxxeye
    5914 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

We live in an era where the devs are for some reason filled with hubris and think that diverging away from successful formulas of their franchises will not ruin their appeal.
    A good example is comparing to what World of Warcraft was on its first 3 versions aka the first ~5 years to what is has declined into now. From a real MMORPG into a not so MMO and hardly RPG with facebook game tables, speedrun dungeon meta and no sense of community outside  inter-guild relations
  • oudx02
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    i just hate taking resources away to make two maps that won't be playable on core modes when it is the core modes that continue to suffer the most from lack
    I think they live in other planet..every aspect of this game needs to be changed for good..
    I mean really..
    Who cares about 5v5 mode in 2019 ? I think for those who enjoy smaller game mods battlefield shouldn't be a choice
  • bran1986
    5739 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 20
    In BF1, when they made the Incursions mode, it was made by a two-man team, which was separate from the rest of the development team.

I don't know what the case is now, but probably not that many resources will be used or redirected from the main game, which in turn might be the downfall of the mode.

The difference is Incursions ran on two maps that were already made. Sure they made alterations but they didn't build the maps from scratch. These two maps are built from scratch from the ground up. I imagine they had to have had a small team working on these. Also keep in mind Temporyal has said there are three more of these maps in the game's files.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    317 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lofoten probably uses a lot of the resources from Narvik, and Provence might do the same with Marita's resources.

I have no clue how many man-hours it takes to design and build a map, but all I'm saying is that don't condemn a mode based on the supposed damage its development has done to the development of the main game, since we have no idea what the truth is.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 20
    BaronVonGoon said:

Exactly!! They should be maintaining the same vision. Every game they change everything. I don't understand why.

I have a theory. I watched a while ago a documentary about artists. In it alot of artists claim their biggest fear is routine. Creative people hate repetition. They always want to reinvent themselves and create new things. I think Dice devs are bored. Theyre bored of the fps genre and you can see it in the product, they keep changing things and thats why the games lack a united vision and focus.

Also, I think more gameplay devs should in charge of the overall vision and leadership role rather than creative artists.
    I don't think it has anything to do with that. If you look at EA's portfolio, Battlefield doesn't make as much as the other titles or as much as EA  feel it should be making. Plus, they intently try to compete with cod. They want the COD playerbase to migrate over to their game. So they need inventive ways of doing that while also, trying to maintain the core vision of a game.

I don't fault them for trying, because if they didn't, it'll still be stagnant and we'd be saying its the same game every year, etcc. Just look at from bf3 to bf4. The problem more so is the execution and the ignoring of good ideas for bad ideas and corporate politics that come into play when designing games, instead of deciding what's actually best for the game.

Fortnite took over and also apex is doing well, so its now its going to more difficult .

Unfortunately for dice, its always been visual fidelty over gameplay. That's always been the MO going back to at least bf3. They want the game to look better than it plays. They always go for cinematic. They added an artillery strike to bf5...Why? now its just spam. It's not a good game mechanic, but its in the game.