Assault Laser Beams still not nerfed?

RietN7
18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I stopped playing for 6 months and did not keep up with the patch notes but i thought the laser beams would get nerfed by this time? sadly it didnt happen.. ah well. guess i will just have to deal with always getting beamed crossmap like always. 

also a question regarding that new coastline map, why **** is there no AA flaks for the super iritating amount of planes the enemy can use? who thought that is a good idea. ( i ran around looking for any but i found nothing, so if there are spots for them like being able to be built, let me know please)

Comments

• ragnarok013
    3057 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    There have been several nerfs to specific assault rifles but the class did not get a nerf en masse to all rifles.
  • johnkapa1
    199 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't know rifles weren't supposed to shoot straight  :D 
  • GrizzGolf
    965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There have been several nerfs to specific assault rifles but the class did not get a nerf en masse to all rifles.
    Shocked they didnt
  • CSO7777
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What assault gun can "laser across the map"? A BA can one-shot kill at any range (still need higher bullet-velocity though) and at longer range LMG's are (almost) as good as automatic assaults weapons.

The biggest problem is SMGs, which in general are too weak, due to slow ROF and high recoil (Suomi and M1928 are ok in CQC).
  • Noodlesocks
    2771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They nerfed automatic weapons a few patches back but nobody liked it so they psuedo reverted them. Honestly don't mind where assault and automatic weapons are just now. They just need to buff some of the underperforming weapons.
  • TectonicGuns
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 20
    RietN7 said:
    I stopped playing for 6 months and did not keep up with the patch notes but i thought the laser beams would get nerfed by this time? sadly it didnt happen.. ah well. guess i will just have to deal with always getting beamed crossmap like always. 

also a question regarding that new coastline map, why **** is there no AA flaks for the super iritating amount of planes the enemy can use? who thought that is a good idea. ( i ran around looking for any but i found nothing, so if there are spots for them like being able to be built, let me know please)
    Assault weapon are not lasers. Have you never tried the STG? recoil out the wazoo!  The Rib is the only fairly low recoil but the slow rate of fire balances it and its use is not overwhelming the battlefield.

• NLBartmaN
    3182 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing they need to do is removing the 3x scope or add serious glint to it.

That will prevent the camping and sniping with them.
  • bran1986
    5659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    What assault gun can "laser across the map"? A BA can one-shot kill at any range (still need higher bullet-velocity though) and at longer range LMG's are (almost) as good as automatic assaults weapons.

The biggest problem is SMGs, which in general are too weak, due to slow ROF and high recoil (Suomi and M1928 are ok in CQC).

Pretty much any dmr. A BA can only ohk with a headshot, while dmrs can 3-4 btk(or less with a headshot) at all ranges with 3 or 4 times the fire rate, and nearly double the velocity, with very little recoil. Also on a side note on Twitter Drunkk3 the core gunplay designer said he never used SARs in BFV as he went 74-4. Explained a lot.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 20
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    The only thing they need to do is removing the 3x scope or add serious glint to it.

That will prevent the camping and sniping with them.

It won't mate. People who camp and enjoy that boring crap will always camp no matter what. Look at things dice tried so far, sniper rifles are very weak compared to other bf games and snipers still camp. Bf4 they tried to hit them in their points to stop it by completely removing the marksman bonus on headshots and they still camped then they added glint to give them away and they still camped. BF1 they added a sweet spot and they still camped so they added an effect to add blur if you were out of sweet spot radius and they still camped.

Campers like to camp even shotgun corner campers have been hammered over the years and people still camp with them. Now we have MMGs all over the place doing the same because the game forces it.

I'm waffling on a bit but you get my point nothing will stop campers camping. It's how they have fun which is fine because a whole lot of players enjoy killing campers in various funny ways.

Its just how it is.
  • CSO7777
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You might not be able to stop campers camping, but you can stop designing the game so it's so effective.  3x scopes on assault rifles that tap-tap fire with perfect accuracy?  Awesome.

"Hmm guys, camping is a problem with snipers (and a bit with LMG users) in BF1.  What shall we do in BF5 to change things?"

"Give assault class camping tools too!"

"Make it so some support weapons can *only* be used when bipoded!"

"Make visibility really tricky!"

"Reduce TTK and make the netcode so you have no chance to react to incoming fire!"

"All great ideas, thanks guys!"
    I think the only new camping mechanism in BFV are MMGs. BAs, SLRs etc have alway been used for camping. It was the same in BF1 and BF4, what-ever class gets these weapons will camp more (in BF1 it was mostly medics and recons). Weapon range will determine camping and BF has diversity in weapons, so camping will always be part of the game. Some players will gravitate toward these weapons because the are 'born campers' and it's just part of the game.

In BF1, recons had sweet-spot (insta-kill at certain ranges, like the Boys AT) , but even then you could move around the map in a way that avoided it, recons were annoying but not really game-breaking. It's the same for BFV, you have to adjust and then accept getting killed by a camper now and then. In reality you will get killed by 'non-campers' much more often, but it just feels less annoying.

If you get killed by recons, MMG-campers (or other campers) a lot you really should change your movement, use cover more and be more aware of your surroundings. Running around like a headless chicken is not BF.

The biggest issue with camping in BFV is the visibility, it's too easy to lay "in plain view" without being seen and get multiple kills before dying, because enemies cannot see you.
  • SirTerrible
    1690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You might not be able to stop campers camping, but you can stop designing the game so it's so effective.  3x scopes on assault rifles that tap-tap fire with perfect accuracy?  Awesome.

"Hmm guys, camping is a problem with snipers (and a bit with LMG users) in BF1.  What shall we do in BF5 to change things?"

"Give assault class camping tools too!"

"Make it so some support weapons can *only* be used when bipoded!"

"Make visibility really tricky!"

"Reduce TTK and make the netcode so you have no chance to react to incoming fire!"

"All great ideas, thanks guys!"
    I have a mild pain in my chest after reading this.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How many SARs are capable of 3HKs with bodyshots at any range? G43, Selb 1916, and the Karabin. All the others are 3-5 BTK depending on the range. On paper they're fine, the problem arises when the TTD screws up and you're just standing there getting shot without knowing until you fall over dead instantly. I notice this all the time when running SARs, enemies don't seem to react sometimes and just sit there getting shot when there's easily time to move while I wait for my recoil to settle down to take another well aimed shot. This happens prominently with SLRs too.

With automatics it's also very noticeable when dying to them, but not when killing, because you're usually much much closer to the enemy and there's more movement anyway so you don't notice if an enemy fails to react.
  • jroggs
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RietN7 said:

I assume you're referring to Mercury. On Conquest at least, there are four AA guns. There's one on a jetty near E, one in between D and C, one on the hill next to C, and one between A and B. It's possible some of them are getting broken and need to be rebuilt by a Support.
  • Hawxxeye
    5355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the assault rifles seem to be underused these days, they all use the most cheese semi autos they can.
    The Agm can fire almost as fast as a full auto for more damage per shot, a lot less recoil and a velocity that makes the sniper rifles cry in jealousy
  • bran1986
    5659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    the assault rifles seem to be underused these days, they all use the most cheese semi autos they can.The Agm can fire almost as fast as a full auto for more damage per shot, a lot less recoil and a velocity that makes the sniper rifles cry in jealousy

The assault rifles are mediocre when compared to lmgs. The nerf assault rifles and smgs got just led more and more people to discover the game's easy mode. Just click really fast to win.