This Week in Battlefield V

DICE have just killed Battlefield 5.

ProAssassin2003
3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Wake up this mourning and I'm hoping DICE have changed there mind but nope not only is the 2 New maps a disappointment they managed make it even worse. Even the 10 people that was excited for 5vs5 doesn't get good news.

How crazy a time we live in where Battlefield is swapping places with COD. Just look at what's happening. Buff to Sliding, another AT Rifle and I'm pretty sure I seen Colorful bright Rainbow Skins for guns now and Maps designed for small game modes only. Is everyone OK with this.

Well I'm not OK with this and I'm gone. I predict Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 4 servers to explode with popularity today after this mess and Pre Orders of New COD to explode as well.

Maybe the Pacific theater will be something exciting but if going off the direction BFV is going it will be a colossal disappointment.

Comments

• CPU_UK
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I stopped playing BF5 back in Feb, had my first game last night, still not fixed much (by now at least I expect the death blob shadow on the screen to be fixed, but nope). DICE gets not a penny more until shizzle gets fixed.
  • BenwarN
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    BF5 BF1 terrible, move back to BF4
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just came to check has anything changed. Apparently not, lol. Back to playing other games. BF has become COD and COD is becoming the new BF. Strange times.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    More DICE Vets developers are leaving as well according to Reddit. They are jumping the sinking ship.
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    More DICE Vets developers are leaving as well according to Reddit. They are jumping the sinking ship.
    This will do wonders for other EA titles as well, soon there will be no one left how understands a thing about Frostbite 3 lol.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well best of the best of DICE left after Bad Company 2 most likely.  I could tell right away for BF3 beta.  Make a crater on metro and fall under the ground.  They had to nerf the destruction a ton on BF3. 
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We are never going to see the Russian front, the Normandy landings or Berlin are we.😥
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's the same thing every time. "I'm done", "My last straw", "I give up", "No more".
    Finally, in the closing statements, insert some condition which will bring you back. "Maybe the Pacific theater will be something exciting" *Sigh*, you will be back then.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Honestly, BF5 showed signs of DICE/EA having a big shortage of talented devs early on.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Honestly, BF5 showed signs of DICE/EA having a big shortage of talented devs early on.
    If more DICE vets have left, BF not just BFV, is a ship that is sinking and I can't see anyway it will be resurrected. I really hate this because BF is by far and away my favorite FPS to play.
  • ProAssassin2003
    It's the same thing every time. "I'm done", "My last straw", "I give up", "No more".
    Finally, in the closing statements, insert some condition which will bring you back. "Maybe the Pacific theater will be something exciting" *Sigh*, you will be back then.

True. And you got me pegged. I'm still going to play BFV on Thursdays just for the TOW. I don't know why to be honest. But I am going back to BF4 and BF1 on the other days I'm not playing other games.

• azelenkin0306
    560 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Maybe little off-topic, but why should CoD pre-orders explode? What’s so special about this game, except modern setting?

Technically even in the current state Battlefield is miles ahead CoD in terms of Grand scale battles. Just watch Tank gameplay from new CoD. This is not even BF3 level

Another company? It’s another **** publisher that will squeeze every penny from the players

Content? Have you heard something about the number of maps, weapons and etc?

50vs50? No one has seen it, touched it, but it’s already a killer feature :) Amazing!

Can someone explain me what new CoD is doing better than Battlefield? Or it is some kind “I need something to play in Autumn” mentality?

Now back on topic: DICE went downhill with TT and Apocalypse DLCs for Battlefield 1. And it was the content a lot of people(including me) paid for. If they failed to provide AAA level of quality for paid content, what did you expect from them regarding free content?
  • MogwaiWarrior
    722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe little off-topic, but why should CoD pre-orders explode? What’s so special about this game, except modern setting?

Technically even in the current state Battlefield is miles ahead CoD in terms of Grand scale battles. Just watch Tank gameplay from new CoD. This is not even BF3 level

Another company? It’s another **** publisher that will squeeze every penny from the players

Content? Have you heard something about the number of maps, weapons and etc?

50vs50? No one has seen it, touched it, but it’s already a killer feature :) Amazing!

Can someone explain me what new CoD is doing better than Battlefield? Or it is some kind “I need something to play in Autumn” mentality?

Now back on topic: DICE went downhill with TT and Apocalypse DLCs for Battlefield 1. And it was the content a lot of people(including me) paid for. If they failed to provide AAA level of quality for paid content, what did you expect from them regarding free content?
    I'm feeling the same way about COD. Yes, I'll admit visuals look great and it's cool that they have redone how weapons handle but bottom line it's still the same ole COD just with bigger player counts. Just because they say they might have 50V50 doesn't mean a thing until I see these large scale battles ala Battlefield. If I want to play 64 man TDM I'll just go play Hardline.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Now are you sure this time?

Positive. I'm leaving the abusive partner finally. After today it would be interesting to see the Server numbers for Battlefield 5 compared to BF1 and BF4.

Played bf4 just the other day on ps4. There were quite a few servers, at least 30. Lots running team deathmatch, some Conquest , and two servers running gun master?