This Week in Battlefield V

No votekick, no anticheat = shame

AhmedTheDriver
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Why there is no votekick in multiplayer game ? I mean this is not some tiny LAN game title, but kind of big game, and there is no voting feature ?
And why anticheat is not working, or why there are no admins for kicking off players ?
And why players can't choose map, after game is finish there is only 2 to choose really ? And i saw still the same maps for 2 hour , but some specific not a single once.
It is shame that game lost so much fun after one year

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    6677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 20
    Then maybe it's time for you to move on.  The game may have lost fun for you over the last year, but the game itself is 3 years old and not being supported anymore. 
  • TheNoobPolice
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Votekick is terrible and I'm glad it's not in the game. Just means the only people that are able to play the game are the worst players. It basically becomes a barrier to entry for good players, like an opposite elitism. I'm constantly kicked from BF4 servers these days.

The anti-cheat could be better but it's mainly the community that's at fault. I run a BF1 Domination server where all the regular Domination cheaters are banned but otherwise uses the default rule set and even when myself and a few buddies jump in to attempt to start filling it up, everyone just jumps in the official DICE servers and plays with all the regular group of domination cheaters that are basically unbannable as far as I can see as they have all been reporting hundreds of times.

So basically, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. As far as I'm concerned, if people are judged by their actions then when the community has a choice to play against a fun and fair server for all player levels (including strong players), they would be happier playing against cheaters, as they can't tell the difference anyway.
  • JayB33_UK
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Votekick is terrible and I'm glad it's not in the game. Just means the only people that are able to play the game are the worst players. It basically becomes a barrier to entry for good players, like an opposite elitism. I'm constantly kicked from BF4 servers these days.

The anti-cheat could be better but it's mainly the community that's at fault. I run a BF1 Domination server where all the regular Domination cheaters are banned but otherwise uses the default rule set and even when myself and a few buddies jump in to attempt to start filling it up, everyone just jumps in the official DICE servers and plays with all the regular group of domination cheaters that are basically unbannable as far as I can see as they have all been reporting hundreds of times.

So basically, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. As far as I'm concerned, if people are judged by their actions then when the community has a choice to play against a fun and fair server for all player levels (including strong players), they would be happier playing against cheaters, as they can't tell the difference anyway.

No, it's not the community's fault. If there were a working hardware ban Anticheat then nobody would risk it, not even the subtle cheaters that are difficult to discern from a good player.
  • Forkbeard84
    1609 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The developers of the game really should spend some time working on an effective anti cheat system for the pc platform. It makes sense as they are the ones in control. If the developers dont fix it very well its on them and no one else.

For whatever reason, its obviously not a priority for the developers to fix the cheating aspect of this game.

• AhmedTheDriver
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 23
    This trash game is unplayable - invisible enemys, aimbots, instant revive medics etc. 
    AND HUGE problem with internet connection on every map, is this game going to be f2p or even abandoned in half of year ?

And trolling players who choosed tank and went afk, so team have hard or imposibble to do work.

And a lot of unbalanced features but Im not going to write some 200 paged tome here .... [for example Tank Hunters shooting from the other end of the map, weak tanks , fights with planes without AA guns, just gg ..... ]

The developers of the game really should spend some time working on an effective anti cheat system for the pc platform. It makes sense as they are the ones in control. If the developers dont fix it very well its on them and no one else.

For whatever reason, its obviously not a priority for the developers to fix the cheating aspect of this game.

You said abandon the aspect of fair play is something good ? Am I playing in EA game or some indie game running by 2 men developer studio ?
    Or they have 2 IT men working on anti-cheat and 100 working on microtransactions system ?
  • BigF33t_13
    6677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    is this game going to be f2p or even abandoned in half of year ?

No, it's never going to be f2p. And as far as development and support, it was abandoned over a year ago. This is a very OLD game. They literally only support the game until the next one is released. Why would you buy a game that's no longer supported, then complain about it? You say you've been playing it for a year, yet the game is 3 years old.
  • Ronin9572
    909 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sorry to say this but since BFV came out EA won't be doing anymore updates. That's how EA is, and it's not going to be like Battlefront 2 with things being updated, that's because it's Disney's property. It's a shame but there are games that are much older by smaller companies that still do updates. But that's how EA and alot of these big companies are with games nowadays. Enjoy what we can while we can!
  • RRedux
    671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 said:
    Sorry to say this but since BFV came out EA won't be doing anymore updates. That's how EA is, and it's not going to be like Battlefront 2 with things being updated, that's because it's Disney's property. It's a shame but there are games that are much older by smaller companies that still do updates. But that's how EA and alot of these big companies are with games nowadays. Enjoy what we can while we can!
    Well tbf, it's not like they are going to do anything about cheater problems in BFV either :P
  • Ronin9572
    909 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RRedux wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Well tbf, it's not like they are going to do anything about cheater problems in BFV either :P

Your exactly right, no doubt! They know the game is flopping and will do the bare minimum to keep it going. Canceling 5vs5 is a huge indicator of this, than to say it's to work on bugs...OOOKKK...