What Dice thinks the community wants

THECOMMANDER66
81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Private Dice thinks the community wants small maps, infantry focused modes, and mermaid gun art. Private Dice that is incorrect, your weekend pass is cancelled.

Comments

• CSO7777
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think they use a lot of statistics.

And it probably says that people love "small infantry focused maps". They are often the most played maps of BF-games and has been for some time now (back to BF4 at least).
  • barnesalmighty2
    1477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »

And it probably says that people love "small infantry focused maps". They are often the most played maps of BF-games and has been for some time now (back to BF4 at least).

I wouldn't be too shocked if they used the quit percentages of maps like panzerstorm either. Lots of people quit when that map comes around.
  • SirSpectacle
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I wouldn't be too shocked if they used the quit percentages of maps like panzerstorm either. Lots of people quit when that map comes around.

Panzerstorm would have been a fun map with BF4 vehicles.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Panzerstorm would have been a fun map with BF4 vehicles.

I completely agree, but in bfv its pretty poor. Tanks camping farming kills, bombers doing the same and if your not sniping you are just fodder for the vehicles. Getting bombarded from miles away is not fun.

Several times today we had nothing but bombers farming kills on breakthrough. So I towed 2 AA guns as close to our rear boundaries as I could and me and a squad mate tore them up over and over again. 2 AA kills bombers pretty fast.
  • FoxFerocity
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love personally maps like Panzerstorm!! That's when BFV's vehicle gets to shine a little bit more! I would love more maps like that to balance out the small infantry maps!!
    I think what DICE has been missing out on this Battlefield is the diversity of maps! I want to be able to play all kinds of different play styles and that's what made BF great in the first place!
    I am disappointed that Al Sundan hasn't been released completely yet, as it would be a big map! Just bring diverse maps, more weapons, more gadgets! That's all we need for a perfect Battlefield!
  • ForbidRhyme
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They don't care about what we want. They care about what EA's marketing department wants.

EA --> Dice "Omg, Fortnite got mermaids, we need to add mermaids. NOW!!!"
  • disposalist
    8504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 21
    CSO7777 said:

It takes a certain type of player to still want to be throwing themselves in the Locker and Metro servers this many years later.  It's not the majority of BF players.

Hey Golmud and the big vehicle maps are also popular in BF4 still.

Some players play Fort De Vaux and Argone Forest a lot.  A lot of players leave servers when they come up on rotation too...

There has always been a small but dedicated player base that prefer infantry maps to everything else.  Small.

Stats have gone completely out of the window with BF5.  There is nothing there for those that like varied infantry play never mind vehicles and planes.

8v8 maps and enhanced sliding.  Yeah, they've got their finger on the pulse.  Unfortunately it's the pulsing of lower peristalsis.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Basically they lie through their teeth and if you think any different they are taking you for a ride.
  • THECOMMANDER66
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Has anybody caught on to my Band of Brothers reference yet???🤣
  • baroncrovax
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If they sincerely used statistics the new maps would have conquest modes since that's arguably the most popular game mode world wide.

Methinks the EFFORT of making even a small conquest map and sorting out the bugs might be a wee bit too much for some people.
  • Matty101yttam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're actually suffering from making too few maps, their telemetry gets thrown out of perspective since they have so few samples to gauge from.
    While making lots of maps does tend to mean there's a higher chance of bad ones, those bad ones are learning experiences and if they are trying to never make mistakes then it's no wonder the maps never get better.

I also think the small maps were probably a decision made because they are easy and they needed more time to do something else, i don't think it was related to telemetry at all.

• ProAssassin2003
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And I see servers Empty when Marita comes around. There statistics are broken AF.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For people saying most Battlefield players like Infantry only are delusional. Why do you think COD MW has so much hype. The hype is literally because it will have 50vs50 and 20vs20 with Vehicles.

Shame COD will be more Battlefield then BFV.
  • JOINxORxDIE
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ea just needs to stick with sports gamebecause they suck at making battle games.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Has anybody caught on to my Band of Brothers reference yet???🤣

No mate, no.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, EA sees that loads of people camp and so they cater for campers
  • barnesalmighty2

And I see servers Empty when Marita comes around. There statistics are broken AF.

That is very true too, because the infantry there is dominated by MMGs and a whole lot of people don't find it very much fun.

That map would have made a brilliant rush map. Rush has fallen far from what it was though, it used to be the ideal mix of vehicles and infantry. It's like dice have never played bad company 2 or BF3.

I miss the old rush so much.